Chapter 13: Founder's Day

So, I added a little bit of The Originals in there. If you'd seen the show you're see what I mean as you go through the chapter.

Season 1 Episode 22: Founder's Day

Later today was Founder's Day where the school made floats to show off some of the more interesting things about Mystic Falls like Miss Mystic Falls, a small history float, the football team, and other floats that made Mystic Falls unique.

I didn't really help too much in the float making process, other than helping Tyler make a design for the float that he was put in charge of by Mr.Saltzman.

As Tyler and I were getting ready to head to The Grill instead of the party that night--we really didn't feel like going and I just had a bad feeling about that general area--that Mr.Lockwood found us.

"Tyler go home," he said bluntly.

"Why?" Tyler challenged.

"Just do it." Mr.Lockwood looked worried about something, but before Tyler and I could get a word in otherwise, he left us alone.

"Screw him," Tyler muttered angrily as he set up a new pool game. It seemed we weren't listening to his father, alright.

I quickly sat on the side of the pool table to watch Tyler's game and saw that Caroline and Matt were sitting in a booth talking.

Matt's arm was in a cast because a few days ago when we were making the float idea for Mr.Saltzman, some random dude that I could smell was a vampire jumped onto of the unstable boards.

Matt's arm was underneath these boards on the heavy float when the guy jumped on it, the boards instantly falling from their safe place and crushing Matt's arm.

I barely restrained my wolf. Thankfully, Stefan came over and discreetly used vampire strength to help lift the board up. Well, it wasn't really discreetly, but enough that no one asked questions as the whole football team was surrounding the float helping.

Back to present day, Tyler and I hung around The Grill a bit longer and I noticed that there was a deputy police officer standing guard by the door. I wonder why he was here?

This place normally doesn't have any security and unless you count them staking a vampire a few days ago, then there was definitely something going on.

I continued to watch the police officer and included werewolf hearing to see if he might say anything about what he might be doing at here, but he hadn't said a peep.

I wondered if he was every going to talk but it seemed my chance to find out was over as Mayor Lockwood entered The Grill and started walking toward Tyler and I after getting directions from the police officer.

Tyler also saw his father and stopped playing his game. I quietly slid off the pool table to stand next to Tyler as the Mayor stopped right in front of us and looked slightly annoyed at Tyler, but I also saw worry in his eyes as well.

"What are you doing here? I told you to go home," The Mayor told Tyler discreetly as Tyler looked like he wasn't paying much attention to his father and what he tells him to do.

"I decided not to," Tyler said simply.

"If I tell you to do something, you do it." The Mayor aggressively said as he grabbed Tyler's arm. I knew it wouldn't hurt Tyler but I felt my wolf hackles raise. If he dare try to lay another hand on Tyler....

"Get off me." Tyler jerked his arm out of his father's grip annoyed with the man who acted like he was Tyler's Alpha.

It seemed Tyler gained the attention of Caroline Rescue as she was instantly there and asking innocently, "Mayor. Is everything okay?"