Chapter 19: Hades

Taking an airplane from Virginia to California was a very long trip. I spent most of the time trying not to break my armrest as I sat in first class.

The serving lady tried to help me calm down and during that time I got a few hours of sleep before going back to being pale and clutching the armrest.

By the time the plane landed, I was ready to kiss the ground and never leave it again. Rationally I knew that Uncle Zeus wouldn't strike me down least he would want the wrath of Artemis, Poseidon, Hecate, and maybe even Hades. But the fear was still there.

Sighing in relief as I exited the terminal, I fixed my backpack straps and hailed a nearby taxi to take me to the DOA Recording Studios.

I paid the man as I stepped out and was happy I brought shades. Pushing them higher on my face, I stepped into the studio and felt unnatural coldness that was not common in Los Angeles.

"Charon," I coldly said to the man behind the desk who instantly sat up at his name.

"Perseus." Charon looked surprised but instantly turned the sign to closed as he fingered for me to follow him.

Instantly moving to follow Charon, he lead me toward the boat. We didn't speak during the entire trip until he left me off at the other side of the River Styx.

"Thank you Charon," I told him kindly and gave him a hug.

Charon gave a quiet laugh as a returned the hug. "Yes, yes. Little Star do let me go," Charon said as he pat my head and tried to get me to let go.

I let got after a few more seconds before taking out the small pouch of Drachma's that I've acquired over the years from helping demigods, gods, and other magical creatures like the nymphs and a few satyrs.

Shaking my head when Charon squealed at the sight of the bag, he quickly swiped it from me and hopped back in his boat.

Rolling my eyes at the dead man, I quickly pulled a red ball from my backpack and walked to Cerberus.

As soon as he saw me, his tail started to wag and I watched his six eyes light up at the sight of the red ball. His tail beating faster and his body started to shake back and forth as it followed his tail.

I laughed as I got closer and felt three tongues lick my face. "Down boy. Down." I laughed and watched him back up slightly.

Quickly, I threw the ball high into the air, using my werewolf strength to make to go really high, and then moved from the giant paws that lifted slightly off the ground.

Laughing as the heads fought one another over the red ball, I walked underneath him and toward my uncle's Palace.

I walked with purpose and wasn't stopped at any time. Mostly because this wasn't the first time I've visited my uncle and it most likely won't be the last.

The guards of the palace took one look at me before swiftly moving back. I tilted my head to the skeletons in thanks before swiftly entering the palace.

It wasn't a long walk from there, mostly because Uncle Hades was waiting for me in the long hallway.

I would've liked to have said I was calm and collected when I saw my uncle, but in truth I felt my inner wolf become excited and might've sprint tackled my uncle in a hug.

"Hi, Uncle Hades!" I chirped while scenting him slightly.

I could tell he was amused but quickly fixed his hold on me before walking toward the normal Garden that Persephone insisted on making.

It was the only green and colorful place you could find in the underworld that might not be in the Elysium where people had small gardens if they wanted.