Chapter 3: The Night of the Comet

Sorry for the late update: been hectic weeks and more coming up as well, I was bored and had this on my mind for some time now...ON WITH THE CHAPTER!

Season 1 Episode 2: The Night of the Comet

I stood nervously outside Tyler's door. It was two hours after school and I was growing very bored at home so I asked one of my now hired Gardeners (who was also a demigod son and daughter of Demeter) to drop me off at the address Tyler gave me.

Shaking out my hand that was full of nerves I pushed the doorbell button and messed with the single strap of my bookbag that was hanging off my shoulder.

The door was opened brown hair and sky blue eyes, "May I help you?" the person who I presumed was Tyler's mom Carol Lockwood asked.

"I'm looking for Tyler. I'm uh, Percy Jackson." I said nervously shifting from foot to foot. I received a kind smile in response and was ushered into the house by her.

"I'm Carol." Tyler's mom said before she walked to the bottom of the stairs, "Tyler. Percy's here." She half-shouted up the stairs before she turned to me with a smile.

"Who is here honey?" A man with brown hair and cinnamon brown eyes asked.

"Percy Jackson. He's Tyler's friend." Carol said her voice soft and kind but had this look in her eyes as she stared at her husband like he better not bring up a certain topic.

Either he didn't see the look or ignored it because he said, "Jackson? Any relations to the Founding Jackson's?" Mr.Lockwood asked and I saw Mrs.Lockwood's gaze harden.

"Uh, we're relatives." I said softly hoping Tyler will be done shortly, "May I go see Tyler upstairs." I instead asked Mrs.Lockwood who just beamed at me.

"Of course sweetie. Will you be staying for dinner?" She asked softly and I thought about how I need to go grocery shopping and hire a butler/nanny for me. Appearances were important after all.

"I would like that Mrs.Lockwood." I said softly giving her a shy smile which she returned.

"Of course. And please, call me Carol. Tyler's room is upstairs second door on the left." she said and I immediately turned around and hurried up the stairs before Mr.Lockwood could ask me any more questions.

I turned to the second door on the left and could hear AC DC music coming from inside. Well no wonder he didn't save me from his parents. I walked to it hesitantly and knocked on the door.

"Give me a sec mom." Tyler shouted through the door and I could feel my amusement rising and carefully opened the door and slipped inside.

Tyler seemed to be doing pull ups in the doorway to his closet where a bar was in the opening. He was facing away from me which was awesome for my small plan.

Carefully I looked around the messy room before spotting the stereo and felt my grin increase. Carefully avoiding the clothes on the floor I made my way over to it.

Looking over at Tyler one last time I blared the music more and watched as Tyler slipped off the bar in surprise and instantly turned down the music before Tyler's parents could complain about it.

I was laughing when Tyler finally turned around and saw his face flash from surprise to annoyance.

"Thought that was funny?" Tyler growled in fake-anger as he scrambled to me. I continued to laugh as he chased me around the room before finally catching me.

He put my head-locked me and suddenly I felt a knuckle rubbing my head and a small spark of pain flashed through my head but I was still having fun.