Chapter 22: Crying Wolf

I do not own Vampire Diaries or Percy Jackson

My mind was in turmoil as we went to the Salvatore Boarding House. The night had already been very intense and I didn't know what I should do.

Because on one hand, some of the members of the Saving Elena were pack. Damon and Caroline being the main two.

I wanted them to know that it was me, but I didn't want the others to know. They weren't really pack. And I knew that they would ask me to do things to my brother that I really didn't want to do.

With those thoughts swarming in my head, the run to the Boarding House helped house and calm my thoughts as I thought more rationally about things like my mom taught me.

Tyler was speeding alongside me, and before I knew it, we arrived at the Boarding House and the others reluctantly let us in.

Caroline, Damon, and Stefan showed us to the living room where I sneezed by the overpowering of vampire in them.

I even saw Tyler rub his nose slightly as well before adjusting. Lucky him, he wasn't in wolf form where the smell is usually more overwhelming and strong.

"What with the Wolf?" Damon asked as I sneezed five times in succession.

"The smell of Vampire is overwhelming," Tyler said as he also sneezed and rubbed his nose.

"What?" Caroline asked shocked.

Tyler sighed and instead sank calmly in one of the other single cushioned chairs around. "The smell of vampire is very bitter smell. It's more overwhelming in wolf form because that's when our senses are naturally stronger. So...Alpha, is experiencing that bitter smell until he adjusts.

After sneezing fifteen more times, my nose finally adjusted to the strong smell where I trotted over to Caroline and demanded to be pet. She froze as my nose touched her hand.

Sighing Tyler looked exasperated. "He wants you to pet him. Indulge him, he gets cranky if you don't. Just...pretend he's a over-killing dog would you," Tyler said and as I gave him a playful snap at the dog and cranky part.

Muttering to myself the best I could, I pushed Caroline's hand with my nose and watched as she slowly set in on top of my head and slowly started to pet the top of my head.

It was awkward but I could tell the fear that was emitting from her was slowly swindling as he subconscious knew that it was me and that I was safe.

"When you say Alpha, is that his name or do you actually let him dominate you?" Damon snarked slightly.

Tyler rolled his eyes at the vampire. "It's hardly his name, and he is the Alpha of the pack so I saw fit that it would be the best name for him as I'm sure he doesn't want to say his real name right now," Tyler explained.

"Why not?" Stefan asked this time as his face fell into a serious looking one.

Tyler gave him a look that screamed 'are you an idiot'. "Tyler, don't be a jackass and answer please," Caroline said with a sort of fond exasperation.

I nuzzled her hand in pleasure as she found that spot by my ears that was always hard to itch and slowly I felt myself turning into goo.

Almost falling to the ground from my body slowly turning to goo, I jumped onto the couch next to her and put my head in her lap so she had better access to pet me.

Caroline and Tyler both looked amused at me even as Tyler started to explain. "For the reason that we want to remain neutral in this spat with the Moonstone. Alpha cares about certain people on both sides and he will not like it if he is made to chose between the two sides. I'm sure you can understand," Tyler said seriously as he stared at Damon, knowing from me that he once served in the military before he became a vampire.