Blog 14# Public Swimming Pools

G'day guys, apologies for not blogging yesterday but it will be virtually explained in todays blog.

Also blog 13 didn't publish so you guys are getting double of me today.

Anyways...

So being a person who live with a temporary disability the one source of exercise and rehabilitation that I am allowed to do is hydrotherapy ...

...and doing this requires going to a public swimming pool.

And let's just say there are a few things needed to be addressed:

Okay firstly, I don't know how swimming pools are in your country but here our swimming pools depending on the state and location are pretty big, like the Gold Coast has SeaWorld and Wet n' Wild, I know Sydney has some pretty big waterparks...here we just have very big wannabe public swimming pools in Melbourne.

So when you are at the public swimming pools in Melbourne, they can be pretty packed with adults and children and there are usually about (since I counted yesterday) maybe 7/8 types of people you will find at the public swimming pool that I go to pretty much against my will.

*WARNING THIS IS ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT NOT ACTUAL BANTER*

1) The guy who keeps staring at you

Warning this guy is likely to stare at you when you first enter the water in order to make sure you know that where he is standing is his marked territory. If you get to close he will just stare at you and make you feel very awkward about yourself. Please just avoid going onto his side of the pool.

2)The woman who needs a new pair of bathers

This particular lady likes to think that the bathers she bought 4 years ago still fit her, this will burn your eyes and make you need to down a bottle of holy water as these bathers cannot hold everything in anymore. She will also most likely try to impress the gentlemen by wearing this not so covering swimming costume. 

3)The kid who is having a temper tantrum

Naturally every child between the ages of 2 and 4 will have temper tantrums in their lives...just not probably at a place where the walls echo and you can break your eardrum from the sharp shrills of an angry toddler who wants to keep playing and the parents just want to get home.

4)The swimmers who ignore the rules and signs

These people like to think they are"above the law (in this case rules)" where they think they can do whatever they like in the pools such as this:

In the hydrotherapy pool there are rules, you need to be over a certain age and you need to be there for physical rehab and gentle exercises (fair enough) but this rule means to others that they can go in the pool, socialise in groups, do cannonballs into the pool and bring their children in there thinking that they wont be kicked out of the pool.

...I have been repressing this for a while okay

5)The Lifeguard who thinks they are the biggest thing since Arnold Schwarzenegger

This lifeguard thinks that he is too good for the job, struts around like a peacock, doesn't enforce the rules and will sit and drink Gatorade and do everything that he is not suppose to do. Pretty self conceded and will mean that if you are drowning you will not get a lot of help from this guy 

6)The mother with little supervision skills

YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SURPERVISE YOUR CHILD!!! This Sheeler is the mother who will let her children roam free and not watch them. This creates a lot of problems since 95% of the pool area needs children to be supervised by an adult. They never bother about their children when they are there for a set amount of time before she decides to actually supervise after one of her children has been hurt.

7)The lovebirds who forget that they are in a public pool...not the bedroom

Anyone who has read my 'Lovey Dovey couples make me sick' blog will know where I am going with this one. So let's use a Disney reference

Timon: I tell ya Pumba this stinks

Pumba: Oh sorry

Timon: Not you, them; Him, Her, alone.

Pumba: What's the problem with that?

Oh Pumba there is plenty of wrong, case they ain't alone. They think they are when in reality they have at least 200 people maybe more in the same area. They take their PDA beyond the line, beyond the limits...I can't even go on, this is just...I can't go on anymore with these people.

I could probably keep going with people but...nah, I probably feel that way though case like many I am not a big fan of human interaction.

Any one else relate.

OTHER THAN THAT...

There is also the following things that make public swimming pools not so nice.

- Kids vomiting because they swam straight after eating

- Men over 40 wearing speedos

-Chlorine making your hair feel like barb wire

- Never being able to find a vacant kick board, pair of fitting flippers or even a pool noodle

-Making the walk of shame from the change rooms to the toilets cause you don't want everyone to see you dress publically

-The smell of greasy food and chlorine making you feel sick

-Loosing personal items such as drink bottles and rehab workout plans

Just so much annoyance, but hey no pain no game right?, not every rainbow comes without a little bit of rain.

So if you enjoyed watching me vent my frustration of public pools and people then please leave a vote below and comment what your biggest pet peeve at the swimming pool is? we can all complain about the pool lie together. Also if you want to be the first to receive notifications and want to check out more of my work then please click my icon and press the follow button. I promise you guys that I will try to blog Tuesdays and if I keep missing Tuesdays then we will have to find a new blogging schedule.

TTFN, TA TA FOR NOW :)