Blog 15# Down the fan-based rabbit hole

5th of January

G'day guys

Today we are going to talk about shipping.

Now if you don't know what shipping is...then quick, just leave this blog now and never return. Stay in your happy innocent place and whatever you do never ever ask anyone about this!!

If you do know what shipping is, then you can stay...you've already been exposed so it's not like there will be any hope for you to get better from this exposure.

Shipping is basically when you like the idea of two people together, it can be anyone from anywhere, two members of a band, a youtuber, a book character, Anime, your best friend and their significant other...when I mean it can be anyone or anything from anywhere, there becomes so many possibilities.

Honestly I get the look of confusion whenever I speak about shipping and my sisters are just like..."what is she on about?"

An honestly I hope to god every time they just ignore me and my ways of shipping instead of actually looking up about it.

Now shipping has basically been going on for many years now, not too sure when it started but I remember my first exposure to shipping was in the sixth grade and my teacher at the time, she loved Glee (as in the t.v show)...actually I wonder if she still does...anyways and a lot of my classmates started getting into the show like she did (cause that's basically the best way to be influenced by a role model) and one of the girls started bringing up with weird name...Puckleberry.

Now everyone knows that Puckleberry is basically the shipping name of the two Glee characters Puck and Rachel Berry, who briefly dated in the first season but 12 year old me did not know who that I was and from that point on after researching what it meant and whatnot I became part of the 'shipping club'.

And shipping for me was not only found in just Glee oh no...I watched Disney Crossover

Ya know basically fans shipping two Disney characters and putting it in a 5 minute mini movie on YouTube...goes to show how much of a life I have had doesn't it. But I digress for me shipping started at an early age and it can either do one of the three things, make your life great, make it a whole lot worse or just make you feel completely terrified, in which case that's a good thing because it means you won't try to get into the 'Shipping Club' because once you start...you are gone and there is no way of returning.

Some examples of shipping couples are:

Finchel (Finn and Rachel)

Phan (Phil and Dan)

Larry (Louis and Harry)...I'm not even sorry

Johnlock (John Watson and Sherlock Holmes) to all Sherlock fans

Jose (Jack and Rose)

Ronmione (Ron and Hermione)

Suffy (Spike andBuffy)

Zalfie (Zoelle and Alfie)

Muke (Michael and Luke)

Cake (Luke and Calum)

I could just keep going and going and going but there would just be no end, like I said, shipping has been going on since the dawn ages.

An then just when you think it can't get any more worse...OTP

That's all I will say

OTP is basically your One True Pairing, also meaning in some ways which fan club are you loyal too.

It's literally like this, for example if you like One Direction, you pick two boys that you love shipping together such as Larry (Louis and Harry), and then there is a whole sector of the fans that love Larry just as much as you do, they are your fan group.

And if you dare you think of either boy with another member, for example Narry (Niall and Harry), you might as well start walking through the crowd with the shame hanging off your shoulders, because many will feel betrayed. Hence why I am not telling you guys who I ship or who my OTP is cause I am not going to want to be involved in that ugly fight.

So today I hope you got something out of this, either you have chosen to not walk down the road of shame with me or you are practically skipping and trowing daisy's down that path with your flower crowns and your I <3 ( ENTER YOUR SHIP/OTP NAME) tattoo showing. Please just don't go down the rabbit hole, which was my mistake and well...look where that got me? I created new ship names for the characters in my books for goodness sake.

So if you agree with me about the dangerous world of shipping and OTP's then please leave a vote below, and why not, let's just throw the question into the wind and leave a comment below about your favourite shipping or OTP. Best comment of an original ship/otp gets a shout out in the next blog. Also if you want to be the first to receive notifications of when I publish my next blog or any of my works then please press my icon and press the big FOLLOW button, it would mean so much to me, I am very close to 50 followers so please, let's make that wish come true. If we can reach it then I will come clean about my ship and my OTP kk?

So anyways that's it from me

Bye xx