Blog 40# #URLIMITLESS

Hey guys

I know I'm not using my catch phrase this evening but I just had a bit of an emotional moment where you start crying for no reason so...I promise you I have pulled myself together long enough to write this blog and hopefully by the end you guys either won't be crying or you guys might possibly feel inspired.

So I had another session with my therapist we will say and we were talking about how my progress has been going and he asked me how I have reacted to accepting that I have a physical disability and I told him the honest truth.

I think I have accepted it with a few changes.

Firstly I don't like the word 'disabled' because when you break down the word it's saying dis-abled. An the people who have used this word to me have made their point in saying 'you can't do this, you can't do that; you are disabled' and when they refer that to me, or to others I have seen others being told this, they generally mean that you are not do anything, you are dis-abled to live your life.

Which is wrong

The definition of disability is: having a physical or mental condition that limits their movements, senses, or activities.

Let me just highlight that word for you- 'limit'

I don't believe that neither myself or others are disabled, because though we may not be able to  walk or to speak or think the same way everyone else does...it doesn't mean we are not abled to live our lives to the fullest extent. We may be limited as to how much we can experience life in full form but we are not dis-abled from living the life we choose to live.

Take Stephen Hawking for example, yes he is in a wheelchair and has a motor neuron disorder that prevents him from walking or even talking. Yet he is still successful and able to live his life the way he chooses to, and that is respectively in the name of science and physics. He said so himself that "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at". That quote is basically telling us that is doesn't matter if we have to live our lives without sight or we have to live our lives in wheelchairs. It should not matter if you have to live off a tank of air or a prosthetic arm or leg. It should not even matter that you have what they call a mental disorder.

 You have the ability to create, to dream, to change and to achieve.

You have the power to be who you want to be, and how you want to live your life. You cannot allow a disability to define you or else it will just define your life and your future and that is the worst milestone that you should be at when you allow your disability to define yourself.

You are braver then you believe, stronger then you seem and smarter then you think. There is no such thing as having a disability. You are just limited from doing the same things as everyone else. You may be limited but it will not stop you from finding and creating ideas to get around that limitation and be who you want to be. No one else's words or thoughts should stick with you but your own, and no one's perception of you should overtake your perception of yourself. You have the eye of the tiger, the wings of a butterfly and the stinger of a bee. You can do whatever you set your mind too, and no matter what you cannot allow your limitation define your life or else you might as well just surrender which is what your brain and your limitation wants you to do.

And if you are reading this and you don't have a physical limitation, then okay you still have your mental limitations. The way you see yourself, your insecurities, your fears and the way other people see you is a mental limitation and you cannot allow yourself to be defined by it. You have stretch marks? You're beautiful. You identify yourself as a emo or as a nerd? I support it. You need to start becoming yourself and speaking out about how wrong some people are when they think of you. You can do and be whomever or whatever you want to be, the only person standing in your way is yourself.

Yes that is right yourself, the mental image of yourself, the one who doubts you the most, taunts you the most, hates you the most, tells you that you are 'worthless' and 'loner' and 'below the dirt' that person needs to be kicked down more then you need to. Cause you ain't got time to be bet up by yourself and allow your doubts and your insecurities and worst fears stop you from doing what you love.

Because you are limitless!

And that's really all I think I need to say, there is nothing I can say about this other then live your life not the way it is, but as it should be. Because you have the power to change.

Are you going to let you get in the way?

xxx