Blog 30#The struggle of a woman

G'day guys its Jessi and today, ya'll better sit down and brace yourselves because you'll be thinkin I am connecting with you on a spiritual level.

Going out

Every girl knows what the term and action 'going out' means...it means having to enter the frenzy of destruction that then destroys our bedrooms and mentality. On average just about 96% of the male population can get ready in 30 minutes, sometimes even 10...

Us well...we are lucky if we can get it done in under 4 hours max being 6.

And some people be like..."Jessi I think you are exaggerating a –"

Not even that

Let me just explain it to you

~Getting Dressed~

Okay now every man needs to understand that when females go out, getting dressed is not the simplest of tasks. Guys simply just chuck on a pair of jeans, t-shirt, jacket, shoes phone and go but for us ladies...oh no it is not as simple as that.

We plan where we are going out, we do weather checks 24-48 hours prior to going out and we have to assess the situation. If it's cold do we wear jeans? Does this top hide the colour of your bra? Do I need to shave my legs twice this week in order to look good in this dress? Yes all of these factors must come into play. And then we have to question what our friends are wearing, if they are going with a fashion trend we need to follow this trend down to the smallest detail. If they want to dress punk rock in black jeans, converse and a plaid shirt then you have to get onto the trend. It's like wearing pink on Wednesdays you cannot get this wrong.

Your bedroom then will look like it was hit with Hurricane Katrina, your bedroom floor will not be visually seen all in the name of fashion. There have been times when last minute I have had my bedroom floor covered in clothes because I would need to change my top going out. Also it is not even the clothes but the shoes, if we wear the wrong shoes with our outfit of choice, it will eat us out alive the entire day! You cannot make any mistakes!

~Make up and beauty prep~

You need to be feeling good in order to be looking good when you go out which means the one key to happiness...make up and beauty.

Now the beauty part is very simple, you shower, shave, moisturise, brush your teeth, do your hair, easy sweet straight to the point it will be the only time you will feel relaxed and then there is the entrance point of hell...makeup.

You not only have to make your makeup (oh tongue twister there) fit with your look, but you need to make it as natural or as dramatic as you can easily make it look like there was no effort taking place. Men do not understand how much effort we go through to look good. You have to make sure your foundation blends throughout your face without looking like there is a painted jawline like you see on Paul Stanley or the other band members of KISS. You have to make sure your concealer covers EVERYTHING, every blemish, every newly popped up pimple, everything. Your eyebrows have to look like they are on fleek and natural, you have to get your winged eyeliner as sharp and as on point as you can without having to take all your foundation off as you erase and redo again and again and again, and you have to make sure your matte lipstick or your lipstick in general doesn't rubbed onto your teeth...it's a hard life, and you know you cannot cry or itch because one wrong move and your hard work will go down the drain. By this point if you have achieved all requirements for perfect make up then comes the next issue.

~Accessories~

Jewellery, bag, shoes, essentials, they have to all incorporate with your look. You can't take a classy handbag when you are going to a skate park, you cannot take a scruffy backpack to a fancy dinner...Your hard work cannot fail on you now! Your jewellery has to be incorporated with your outfit, personal piece of advice, if you have a multiple storage jewellery box, put any earrings or other accessories (like chokers, bracelets, necklaces, facial piercing accessories) that you would wear casually in one storage space, and put all the accessories that you would wear on formal occasions in another storage space in the jewellery box. Then you have less stress to worry about because you know where to go in your box for casual and formal accessories.

Also shoes, it is an idea to make it co-ordinate with the outfit in some way, but it is also ice when you own basic shoes and basic colours that can go with just about any outfit. Tanned sandals or while converses or black doc martin boots can go with any outfit and can help you to look dressed up or dressed down. But that's not the problem, the problem is having to choose what to wear in regards to accessories, what should we do, should we look like a princess or should we look like a badass? You have to make sure it fits in your fashion aesthetic for the outing.

So now boys when you agree to go on a date with your woman, or you want to hang out with your best friend and you are wondering...what is taking them so long? We are going to a movie not to see the Queen of England? Or even when you tell someone that they look fine and they say "You don't understand and you'll never understand"

...Well you now know what is going down

So if found this blog both helpful and relatable then give this blog a vote and comment below if you find this relatable. What are your struggles in getting ready for a day out?

If you want to be the first one to receive updates and notifications then click on my icon and press the follow button. If you guys want to follow me on Twitter and Tumblr I will leave my links below and you can go and check them out, I am only nw to the Tumblr fam so any advice you can give I will appreciate that.

Bye Guys xxx