Chloe's 1st Word

Eminem's P.O.V.
It's just me and Chloe at the house right now. Alaina's back at college, Hailie and Whitney are at school and Phoebe went over to her friend Jill's house because they were going to make up for the fight they had at Phoebe's last birthday party.

Hey Chloe my name is daddy can you say daddy? Chloe just giggles. I don't want Phoebe to know but I really want Chloe's first word to be daddy or dada or something like that, not mommy. I feel bad for thinking like that but that's just how I feel. I continue to talk to Chloe while I watch South Park on TV.
Chloe you're going to be daddy's little girl yes you are, yes you are I say while playing with her. All of a sudden to my amazement Chloe says "Marshie" what was that? I say not believing my ears. "Marshie, Marshie she says giggling.
Awww she's so cute but her first word is Marshie I don't know if that's bad or adorable. She's smart she must've heard Phoebe when she calls me Marshall. Speaking of Phoebe I need to call her and tell her that Chloe just said her first word.
The phone rings once then twice and then Phoebe picks up her phone. "Hey Marshall what's up?" she asks. I wanted to call and tell you that Chloe said her first word. "Oh my gosh" she exclaims excitedly. "What was it? Was it mommy?" It wasn't mommy I tell her. Oh... she sighs disappointedly. "Was it daddy? she says I can tell she's disappointed but she's still excited. No it wasn't daddy either. "Well what was it then?" she says eagerly. She said Marshie. "Marshie?" she questions. Yeah Marshie like Marshall, she starts laughing. What's wrong? I ask feeling worried. "Nothing that's just really cute." Whew I'm glad she's not mad, I think to myself.
So how are you and Jill doing? I ask. "Oh we're doing good we made up and now we are watching tv." Oh that's great, well I'm going to let you get back to that so bye.
Phoebe's P.O.V.
Marshall just hung up the phone on me. He's excited to get back to Chloe I get it, but that's still a little rude. I can't believe Chloe said her first word and I wasn't there for it I feel really bad. I need to go talk to Jill and tell her everything I just found out.
"Hey girl who was that on the phone?" Oh that was Marshall, he just told me that Chloe said her first word. "Oh my gosh that's great Phoebe!" "What was it?" She said Marshie. "Oh that's so cute" she tells me. I'm glad she thinks so. I kind of thought I was going to get a different response from her.
We continue to hang out for a little while longer but then I decide that I want to go home so I can see Chloe and Marshall.
Eminem's P.O.V.
I'm hanging out watching tv with Chloe and I hear the doorbell ring. I get up to answer it and it's Hailie and Whitney. They're home from school. Hailie drives so sometimes she picks Whitney up from school. Hey girls how was school? I ask them. "Great, I got an A on my math test and my English test" Hailie tells me excitedly. That's great baby I say happily. She's so smart. "I had a great day too daddy, I got an A on my spelling test and me and Callie got to hang out at recess" Whitney tells me.
Well I think we should celebrate. You girls have done such a great job why don't we go out for ice cream when Phoebe gets home from her friend's house. "Yay!" they both exclaim. Oh girls I forgot to tell you, Chloe said her first word today. "She did?" Whitney says excitedly. Yep. "What was it?" Hailie asks. Chloe said Marshie, you know like Marshall. "Awww that's so cute" Whitney says. "That's different that's she's trying to say you're first name" Hailie says. I know I'm guessing that she's heard Phoebe calling me Marshall. I mean, when I talk to her I say daddy. "That's cool though, did you tell Phoebe?" Hailie asks. I did I called her on the phone. All of a sudden the front door opens and Phoebe walks inside. "Hey girls" she says sweetly. Then she turns to me and kisses me on the cheek and says "Hey sweetie."
"Where's Chloe?" She is in her crib sleeping I tell her. Oh okay, well I'll let her sleep. "Mommy daddy says we can get ice cream because me and Hailie got good scores on our tests at school!" Whitney tells Phoebe. "Oh that's great, good job girls."
I love it when Phoebe praises the girls she's such a great mom. 

We are at Dairy Queen eating our ice cream. Chloe can't eat ice cream so I just hold her.  "You know maybe I should try to apply for a job here" Hailie says. That's actually a great idea I tell her. Plus I know the manager here so maybe that will help Hailie out.
Hailie walks up to the counter and asks if she can get an interview for a job but the manager tells her that she doesn't need one and that she can start next week.
On the car ride home Hailie continues to talk about her new job and I can tell she's really excited and I'm really excited for her.

We are home now and we are having family time. We play board games and watch tv. I think today went great, I mean so much got accomplished. Phoebe made amends with her best friend, Chloe said her first word, and Hailie got her first job.