Hailie Graduates from High School

Hailie's P.O.V.
Today I'm graduating from high school.
I'm really excited but I think dad is sort of sad. I mean I know he's proud of me but I also know that he's sad I'm going away.
Eminem's P.O.V.
Today Hailie is graduating from high school. Right now Phoebe is helping Hailie get into her graduation gown.

"Hey dad do I look okay?" Hailie asks me.
"You look amazing sweetie, absolutely gorgeous" I tell her.
"Thank you" Hailie says.
Chloe runs down the stairs almost tripping over her feet yelling "Hailie's graduating! Hailie's graduating!"
"That's right Chloe Hailie is graduating" I tell her.
"Marshie when do I get to go to school like Hailie and Whitney?" Chloe asks me.
"Soon enough Chloe, but trust me you don't want to grow up too fast" I say.
"But why Marshie?" Chloe questions.
"Well as you grow up you have more responsibilities and you'll miss your childhood" I say trying to explain to her why she should cherish the times when she is young.

Now we are driving in the car on our way to Hailie's school.
"Hey daddy Alaina is going to meet us at Hailie's school right?" Whitney asks me.
"Oh of course she is sweetie how could Alaina miss your sister's high school graduation" I say.
We arrive at the school, I park the car and Hailie rushes off to where she has to line up.
Hailie's P.O.V.
I'm frantically looking around for Kevin because I wanted to talk to him before I get onstage. I'm doing a speech for my high school graduating class. I look around and I can't find him so I decide that I will talk to him later.

"Hello Hailie" my teacher says greeting me.
"Hello" I say politely.
"Are you ready?" He asks me.
"Yes I am sir" I reply.

The ceremony just started and I'm waiting to be called to the mic.
"And now a word from our honors student graduating with a GPA of 3.9 please welcome Hailie Jade Mathers."
The audience erupts into cheers.
"Hi everyone, I know most of you know who I am.
"Yeah Hailie!" Kevin yells.
"Thank you Kevin" I say blushing.
"Everyone that's my boyfriend Kevin" I say and then I continue on.
"First I'd like to say a big thank you to my father Marshall Mathers and my mother Kimberly Mathers and my other mom Phoebe Mathers for supporting me and helping me become who I am today."
The audience claps.
"I've enjoyed getting to know all of you throughout the four years I've gone to this wonderful school. I've made friends from the volleyball team and all the other activities I've had the pleasure of being apart of." "I will be furthering my education at Michigan State University and I will be pursuing a degree in psychology. I hope the rest of you go on to live your dreams and have wonderful lives, I wish you all the best, congratulations to this years graduating class. Thank you."
Everyone cheers.
"Thank you Ms. Mathers" the principal says and he hands me my diploma.
Eminem's P.O.V.
Hailie just received her diploma and I'm so proud of her, I think I might cry.

After talking to Kim, Alaina and all of her friends she comes back to me and Phoebe.
"Congratulations Hailie" Phoebe says.
"Thank you Phoebe" she replies.
Then she turns to me and gives me a big hug, then she whispers in my ear "I did it dad."
I smile at her and I say "Yes you did baby yes you did."

We are having a huge party for Hailie tonight because she is leaving for college in the morning.

"Hello Mr. Mathers" Kevin says smiling at me.
"Hello Kevin" I say as nicely as I possibly can.
I think Kevin seems like a good guy and Hailie certainly loves him but I still don't fully trust him after what he did to Hailie at that party. I guess I'm trying my best to warm up to the idea of him being her boyfriend.
One of the things Hailie tells me is "dad sometimes you just have to let go of things"  I guess I have a hard time with that.
I watch as everyone is having a good time. Hailie and Kevin are dancing together, Whitney, Phoebe and Chloe are playing tag, Alaina is talking to her friend and Kim is hanging out with her boyfriend. I feel kind of left out so I decide to take a seat on our patio and write some lyrics.
After a while I see Phoebe and she walks up to me and says "Marshall I've been looking all over for you, why are you sitting over here all alone?"
"Oh I don't know, parties are just not my thing I guess... I say.
"Oh okay" she says.
"Can I sit next to you?" she asks me.
"Sure" I say.
She sits down next to me and quietly watches me write. I guess she doesn't mind the silence.
Hailie's P.O.V.
"Oh my gosh Kevin I'm so excited for tomorrow" I tell him.
"Me too. "I'm glad we are going to the same college" he says.
"I'm thinking about joining a sorority, do you think that's a good idea?" I ask him.
"Yeah I think that would be great you have an amazing personality and you're smoking hot, any sorority would be lucky to have you" he says.
Wow, I think to myself I don't think I've ever been called smoking hot before but I guess it is my boyfriend saying it so it's kind of nice. "Awww thanks Kevin" I say.
The party is coming to an end and I say goodbye to my mom, Kevin and my friends.
"See you soon Hailie" Kevin says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Eminem's P.O.V.
Kevin just kissed Hailie on the cheek.
As Kevin turned around to walk to his car he noticed that I was watching. He looked a little intimidated as he realized that I saw the kiss. But I just smile and nod towards him and his facial expression changes into a smile.
Maybe he really will be the one for her and maybe I'm learning how to let go, but just a little, because she's still my baby girl that goes for Whitney, Chloe and Alaina too.