Whitney's High School Graduation

Eminem's P.O.V.
Today Whitney is graduating from high school. I can't believe she is eighteen and graduating.

"Hey dad I wanted to talk to you about something" Whitney says.
"Oh yeah what's that?" I ask.
"Well... I've decided that I don't want to go to college" she says.
"What! Whitney why not?" I ask.
"Well I can still get a job but I want to be here for Chloe, Alaina doesn't come around much and Hailie is married and doesn't come around as much. I don't want Chloe to be lonely."
I guess what she is suggesting makes sense especially since Chloe doesn't have friends.
"I guess that's okay" I say.
"But you have to get a job."
"I will" she says smiling.

*Ring Ring*
My cellphone starts ringing, I look at the caller id and I see that it's Hailie.
"Hey dad" she says.
"Hey princess, what's up?"  I respond.
"I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be a little late to Whitney's graduation ceremony, but I'll still be there" she says.
"Oh okay, how come?" I ask.
"Well I have a new patient coming in today and they scheduled a time that happens to cut into the ceremony time" she says.

Hailie's P.O.V.
I hope this appointment doesn't take to long I can't miss Whitney's big day.

I hear the door to my office open and the receptionist telling someone that
"Dr. Leary will see you now."
A small boy walks in and sits on the purple couch in my office.
He looks oddly familiar.
"Hi, aren't you Chloe Mathers big sister?" he asks.
I'm a little shocked.
"Um... yes I am, are you friends with Chloe?" I ask.
"No but I wish, I've tried to talk to her but she usually asks me to go away" he says.
"Oh I'm sorry about that" I say.
We continue the appointment after a moment of awkward silence.

"So what's your name?" I ask.
"My name is Noah" he says.
"Okay tell me a little bit about yourself" I say.
"Well I get bullied a lot at school, I really like music, and I have issues with depression" he says.
I feel bad for this boy.

Eminem's P.O.V.
I let Chloe skip school today since it's her last day of fourth grade and of course so she can come to Whitney's ceremony.

"I'm ready dad" Whitney says with a big smile on her face.
"Awww you've grown up so fast sweetie" I say.
"Oh dad I love you so much" she says and then wraps her arms around me and hugs me.
"Thank you for being such an amazing dad" she says.
I can't help but smile really big, "thanks Whitney" I say.

We are on our way to Whitney's school.
I'm playing music in the car and the girls and Phoebe are enjoying it almost as much as I am.
I decide to change the song and they all look at me and say "why did you turn it off?"
"Because I have a surprise for you" I say.
I haven't played Chloe's song for them yet so I turn it on and Phoebe's eyes get big.
"Did you make a new song?" she asks excitedly.
"Yes I did" I say smiling at her enthusiasm.
The song continues to play and then Chloe's voice comes on and Phoebe looks shocked.
Please don't be mad, I think to myself.
"Awww what a beautiful song she did a really good job, and so did you" Phoebe says kissing me on the cheek.
She likes it, that makes me feel so happy.

We arrive at the school and Whitney runs off to be with her friends and her boyfriend.
All of a sudden Alaina walks up to us and says "hey guys."
"I didn't think you were going to be able to make it" I say.
"How could I miss my sisters graduation" she says.

A few minutes later Hailie arrives she looks very professional she must've come straight from work.
"Hey dad" she says.
Then she turns to Phoebe, Chloe and Alaina and says hi.
Chloe gives Hailie a big hug.

The ceremony has started.

Finally Whitney's name gets called.
"Whitney Laine Mathers" the crowd cheers and I yell "You're amazing Whitney!"
She must've heard me because she smiles in my direction.
She shakes her teacher's hands, receives her diploma and walks off stage.

Me, Phoebe and Chloe are going home.
Whitney is going out with Isaiah and some of her friends to a party. I agreed to let her go as long as she promised me that she wouldn't do anything illegal.
I really do trust Whitney though she's never given me a reason to not trust her.

It really is thoughtful of her that she wants to stay home for Chloe.
I guess I really raised her right.