Christmas and Hailie's 18th

Hailie's P.O.V.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Hailie, happy birthday to you!" My dad just came into my room singing happy birthday to me and he made me breakfast in bed. He's really sweet and I'm so glad to have him as my dad.

Today is my eighteenth birthday and I'm so excited, I'm finally legal.
I finish my breakfast and I get out of bed and I make my way downstairs.
Whitney and Chloe come running up to me and Whitney says" happy birthday Hailie."
"Thanks Whitney" I say.
"Happy birthday Hailie" Chloe says sweetly.
"Awww thanks Chloe" I say smiling.
Then Chloe turns to dad and says "Marshie can we open presents now?" "sure thing sweetie" he says.
Eminem's P.O.V.
I think Hailie liked her breakfast in bed which makes me happy. She's an adult now but in my eyes she will always be my little girl.
All of a sudden Phoebe snaps me out of my thoughts by asking "Marshall do you think we should make Chloe and Whitney wait to open their presents until after Hailie opens hers?"
"I don't mind waiting" Whitney says.
"Are you okay with that Chloe?" Whitney asks her.
"Okay" Chloe says pouting a little.

After Hailie and Whitney open their gifts it's Chloe's turn.
"What do I get?" she asks eagerly.
"Well it's a surprise so close your eyes" I tell her. She squeezes her eyes shut and I turn to get her present.
Chloe's P.O.V.
Marshie is bringing my present, I wonder what it is. *bah bah* Marshie got me a sheep!
Eminem's P.O.V.
I got Chloe a little lamb.
"Sheep! sheep! sheep!" Chloe shouts happily.
"Actually Chloe it's a lamb" I tell her.
"Marshall really?" Phoebe says.
"What?" I say smiling innocently.
"I got you something special too Phoebe" I tell her.
"Oh gosh what now Marshall?" Phoebe says.
"Close your eyes and hold out your hands" I tell her.
"I'm worried Marshall" she says sighing.
"Come on you'll like it I promise" I say.
Phoebe closes her eyes and I place a fluffy white kitten in her hands. "Now open your eyes" I tell her.
She opens her eyes and a huge smile emerges onto her face.
"Awww Marshall it's adorable" she says.
"Do you like it?" I ask hopefully.
"Oh Marshall I love it" she says. Then she kisses me on the cheek and hugs me. I close my eyes and smile I love it when she hugs me.

"So what are you going to name your kitten Phoebe?" I ask.
"I think I'll call him snowball" she tells me.
"I like it" I say happily.
"Chloe says she's naming her lamb Daisy, daddy" Whitney tells me.
"Whitney did you come up with that name or did Chloe because that doesn't sound like something Chloe would have come up with" I say.
"No I came up with it" Whitney says quietly. "But Chloe likes the name, don't you Chloe?" Whitney asks her.
"I like Daisy" Chloe says.
"Well I guess Daisy it is" I say.

"Daddy can we go outside and play in the snow?" Whitney asks.
"Well I think that sounds fun but only if Hailie is okay with it because she is the birthday girl" I tell her.
"I'm okay with going outside" Hailie says.
So we all get dressed warmly and we make our way outside into the snow.
We all make snowballs and we have a snowball fight. Phoebe throws a whole bunch of snowballs at me and they end up knocking me off my feet making me fall back into the snow.
"Oh gosh, Marshall are you okay?" Phoebe asks.
"I'm fine" I say.
As I try to get back up onto my feet Chloe runs up and jumps on me knocking me back down.
"Chloe why did you do that?" Phoebe says.
Chloe shrugs her shoulders and says "I don't know."
"I think you need to say sorry to daddy" Phoebe says scolding her.
"Sorry Marshie" Chloe says.
"That's okay baby" I say.
Then she does the sweetest thing. She sticks her hand out and says "I'll help you up Marshie."
I take her hand and I pretend that she's helping me up.
We play for a while longer and then we go in and eat Hailie's birthday cake. We got her a huge cake and of course it had to be special because it's her eighteenth birthday. After we eat me and Phoebe make hot cocoa for ourselves and the girls.
We sit by our fireplace and we sip the cocoa.
"This is fun" Whitney says.
"We should watch a Christmas movie dad" Hailie suggests.
"That's a good idea Hailie" Phoebe says agreeing.
"Ooo I know what Christmas movie I want to watch" I say.
"Elf" Phoebe, Hailie and Whitney all say at the same time.
I laugh, "yeah, am I really that predictable?" I ask.
"You are a little bit dad" Hailie tells me.
"Oh" I say looking at the ground slightly embarrassed.
"But can we still watch Elf" I ask. They all laugh. "Yes daddy we can watch Elf" Whitney says.

We are sitting in the living room watching Elf. I love this movie it's so funny.
This Christmas was really great and it's my last Christmas with Hailie before she goes off to college.
I look at the girls and I see Whitney curled up in Hailie's lap and Chloe curled up in Whitney's. It makes me so happy to see that my girls all get along so well and that they love and protect each other.
I shut my eyes for what I only meant to be a minute but I must've fallen asleep because when I open them I'm laying on Phoebe's lap, she has her arm around me and the movie is almost over. I look at the girls and they are all sound asleep.  I look up at Phoebe and I say "Did I fall asleep?" But she just shushes me and says go back to sleep.
"I love you Phoebe, merry Christmas" I say.
"I love you too Marshall, merry Christmas" she says. Then she gently lays her hand on my back and I fall asleep.