VIII. The date

When she opened the door Matt’s mouth went open she looked even more beautiful if that was possible. She smiled at him and he didn’t know how he should react.

“Are you going to just stand there or are you going to tell me something?” she asked him in a seductivevoice. He just shook his head and told her

“You look wow I mean you are beautiful even more then usually.”

“Thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself.” She told him he was dressed in a white shirt with a v-cut black trousers and a black jacket. Shethought thathe lookedsexy.

“So can I ask where we are going or should I not?”

“It’s a surprise so if you could hold your self for just a little bit.”

She took her keys and locked the door. They went in to the car that was packed in front. He drove the Audi A6, which was a good car as far as she knew. They were passing streets and she glanced at him he was cam not like the guys he used to date that would all get nervous around her.

“What is it why are you looking at me?” he asked her as he noticed her looking at him

“You are not like the guys I usually go out with you are cam not nervous at all.” He smiled at the comet she had sad. On the inside he was going nuts he didn’t know if she was going to like the palace or if it was her style at all.

“You have no idea.” He told her as he come to the stop he pulled over and got out of the car and sprinted over to her side opening the door for her and giving her a hand so she could come out. She was shocked when he did that none of her dates have done something like that for her. She smiled and took his hand and looked at the place. It was a small Italian restaurant like he knew that Italian was her food she was half Italian by her fathers side of the family.

“Did you guess or did you know I like Italian food?” she asked him

“I had no idea I just thought that you would like something that is not like every other date you have been on plus the owner owes me a favor so he found usaplace in.”

They went inside and Matt told the waiter something and he led them to there table as the waiter sad “He’ll be with you soon sir.” Giving them the menu.

Mai was a little bit anxious about all of this she has not been on a date since her and David broke up and she was out of practice.

“Did you just call for the chef to come and see us or am I just imaginingthings.”

“Yes I did call for him because he is one of my friend and he wont cross me like somebody else. If you know what I mean.”

She nodded. That had happened to her but she didn’t think much of it.

“Matt I thought you were in America I saw your mother and she said you were going there and I thought you have went already and…” the man looked at Mai and stopped talking “Oh sorry Miss I didn’t see you there. Marco it’s my pleasure to meet you miss…”

“Maite Perroni and the pleasure is all mine.” He shakes her hand and thinks about it.

“Perroni is that Italian by any chance?” Marco asks her

“It is my father side is Italian and my mother is Mexican.”

“So Matt you are dating foreign girls now what’s wrong with our girls from Britain?” Marco asks him and Matt just smiles at what he said.

“Nothing is wrong with them it is just that I happened to bee surrounded around the beautiful foreign girl and I asked her out is that a problem.”

“No if your mother is fine with it so am I.”

Matt just exhaled and knew he had to stop his friend before he started his funny stories and steals the girl from him.

“Now tell me what’s good tonight so you can leave.”

“Take the lasagna they are the best in this town and he knows that signorina” Marco liked using Italian when he spoke of women and food.

“Do you mind?” Matt asked her and Mai shook her head “Ok my friend will have the lasagne. Now go away.” Marco just shook his head and said Mamma mia as hi left.

“Sorry about him he can be pretty annoying I can tell you. I’ve known him my whole life.”

“Don’t bother. So how was the rest of your day if I may ask?”

“Nothing much just met with my sister who still thinks I’m crazy if I may ad met up with a friend for lunch you?”

“Well I had lunch with a friend. He told me he give you my phone number and I’m thinking about killing him but…”

“Don’t I was the one who forced him to give me your number It’s not David’s fault.”

“You know I have never met a guy like you.”

He smiled at her and said “I know I’m unique.” Shelaughedthat. They passed there diner and he drove her almost home so that they could walk some part till her house.

She started to shiver and hi took his jacket of and put it on her “Thanks.” They arrived at her front door.

“I had a nice time tonight with you?”

“Yes me to.” It was weird that they didn’t know how we were going to say goodbye. Matt asked her.

“May I?” Mai laught at him and said

“Are you really asking if you can kiss me?”

“Yes.” She then nodded her head. He pulled her head up and she looked at him his lips started coming on to hers. When there lips touched he kissed her softly and they started to kiss unison. They stayed like that for a minute.

“Would you like to come in?” Mai asked him

“No I’ll call you tomorrow I’d like to see you again. I like to do this again.”

“I fell the same way. I’ll she you soon then.” He nodded and left to his car.