37. Baby names and the water broke

• Dedicated to Elisabeth Sladen the grate Sarah Jane Smith

Mai was in the last month of her pregnancy and for the past month Mai and Matt started thinking of baby names but since it was two girls it was not going so well.

That night in bed they were surrounded with baby names books filled with all kinds of names and with so little time they were becoming desperate.

“This would be so much easier if it was a boy and a girl.” Matt said putting one of the books down on his knees.

Mai looked at him and just shook her head “Well it’s your fault you made them both be girl so don’t start complaining to me.” She said while looking throe the book she was holding in her hands.

“Umm how about Ella?” Matt asked looking at the book on his knees. Mai lifted her head from the book and thought about it.

“I don’t know it doesn’t seem fit for name. How about Jessica?” she said looking at him and he made a face

“It sounds American no. Isabel?” he asked and now it was Mai’s turn to make a face “What’s wrong with Isabel?” he asked his wife

“I have a aunt not many pretty memories with her I can ashore you.” She told him and he flipped throe the pages of the book looking throe the names.

“How about Katharine it sound nice and we can call her Kate for short?” she asked Matt who thought about it for a minute

“I like it Kate it is. Now what will her full name be?” He asked Mai as she thought about it for a minute and then turned her head to look at him

“How about Katharine Jane Smith? It has a nice ring to it don’t you think so?” she asked him and he nodded his head.

“I like it now that is one down one to go. We need another girl name:” He said going throe the book looking for a name that will be fit for his other daughter

“How about Laurel?” he asked his wife and she looked at him like she hoped he was joking “No? What’s wrong with Laurel it’s a nice name.” He said

“Yes it is but I don’t want to name my daughter Laurel it’s meaning is a plant I don’t want my child to be laughed at.” She said with a sharpness in her voice

“How about Scarlett by Scarlett O’Hara?” Mai asked him and Matt shook his head

“I don’t know it sound a little bit cheap.” He says and Mai just shrugs her shoulders. At that Matt start’s thinking about the actresses that he had worked with and it just hits him in the head.

“Elizabeth.” He yells and Mai looks at him and away for the book “How does that sounds?” he asks her and she smiles

“It sound grate but how did you come up with Elizabeth?” she asks him not knowing where the name come form

“I was just thinking of the filming I did with Elisabeth Slanders a few months back and I thought it would be a nice tribute to her memory.” He said and Mai started crying in that moment and Matt felt a little confuse at that “Mai honey are you ok?” he asked as she nodded her head at him.

“It’s the hormones that are making me cry this much over something so torching.” She said wiping the tears of her eyes. “But what about the full name?” she asked him and Matt thought about it

“How about Elizabeth Amy Smith?” she smiled at his suggestion and nodded her head.

“Looks like you girls have names now.” Said Mai rubbing her belly

Matt has returned to the set and Mai has kept with her usual routine of going out Meeting with friends catching up with Georgia who was always running around with her son and since she was in her last month of pregnancy too they had a lot of subjects to talked about.

When Mai and David broke up she was never upset that he moved on so quickly for her and started dating Georgia because she did the same thing they were weary different people but they were still friends.

“I don’t know about you but my feet are killing me.” Georgia said and at that Mai laughed..

They seated themselves in the cafe and ordered a glass of apple juice.

“Well you are at least not complaining about going to the bathroom when somebody mentions water or anything liquid at all.” Mai said standing up and it was then that she felt the sharp pain pass throe her and that she was wet between her ties so she looks at Georgia saying “I think my water broke.” She says calmly to her and Georgia starts grabbing her phone.

The girls are coming and Matt is going to be weary paranoid about it but everything will be fine. So tell me what you think of the names I toughed about it long and hare and I think they are a perfect fit. The name Elizabeth as I said is in tribute to Elizabeth Slanders the grate Sarah Jane Smith. So guys tell me what you think comment and vote I love you all xoxo :)