41. Luke and new songs

It was a good thing that Matt returned a few weeks before he planed because his son was born two days after his returnee. Look was a beautiful blond brown eyed boy. Mai loved his the moment she had him in her arms. And Matt well he already promised him that he will teach him how to play football. While the girls looked like Matt Luke had picked up his moths looks and it was not just Matt that noticed it their parents and friends said it two. The girls loved their baby brother although they did try to return him to the hospital once.

It was the middle of the night and Mai was caring little Luke and his arm singing and trying to make him sleep. Her soothing voice was calming to him but it did not put him to sleep so she decided to let Matt try.

Matt started to tell him stories and in a meter of minutes Luke was asleep in his crib making little noises of sleep.

“How did you mange to put him asleep so fast?” Mai asked when he returned to their room putting the baby monitor on his side of the bed and on his night stand.

“I have a weary boring voice maybe he just likes that.” Matt said

“I could always put Elizabeth and Kate to sleep and now you are the one doing it.” She said a little upset

“Hey don’t worry you are a great mum he loves you he just likes it when I put him to sleep that it.” He told her rubbing her hand

“Do you really mean that or are you just messing with me?” she asked him and he leaned to kiss her it was short but it was nice

“Have I ever lied to you?” he asks and she shakes her head “Everything will be ok.”

The next few weeks were going to be a little crazy. Mai had received a phone call from Mark who wanted her to write him a song for his new movie which was being filmed in London. It was a story about two sisters and knowing that not a man can always fix your problems because your sister will always be there.

Work on that song was not a good thing because Mai didn’t know what to write she had sent all of her work to Nickelodeon for their show and now she was blank. She tried to get inspiration from the movie but it was just not coming to her.

And then she thought she could use a break from thinking and go met with some of her friends. Matt’s mum was happy to stay with the kids until she got back. When she arrived to the café she was greeted by Karen. The redhead was happy to see her.

“Hey how are my angels doing?” was the first thing she asked Mai when she seated herself

“They are grate and Luke is growing every day more. But I’m having a writes block I can’t write a song and the date is coming soon.” She said thinking of the date line that Mark give her

“Well the movie is about sisters why not write about sisterly relationships. Like nobody can replace them, and they can be a little crazy sometimes but you realize that they are the best thing in your life and you can’t let them go.” Karen suggested and Mai started to think about it the whole time that Karen was talking.

Brothers and sisters are irreplaceable they annoy you when you are a kid but you still love them. The song come to her on the way home she just had to get to a pen and paper as soon as possible. She could here Matt’s mum cooking in the kitchen when she ran past it to her music room.

The lyrics just come to her as she started to play the melody. She thought of Belinda when she was writing them. Mai was the only girl in her family so Belinda was like a sister to her but also her best friend. Well her beast girl friend. When the song was writen she played it one more time.

It was the D day. She was presenting her song to the producers of the movie. They had booked a music room for her and she give the music demo to the music producer who was there to supervise everything.

The one that was most nervous about this was Mark and it was a little strange because he was not the one writing the song and singing it.

“Well Mai if you don’t mind we would like to start.” She just nodded her head and entered the sound booth

The music started playing and Mai just give in the music ignoring everything around her.

I don't wanna make a scene

I don't wanna let you down

Tryin' to do my own thing,

and I'm starting to figure it out

That it's alright keep it together where ever we go

And it's alright oh well whatever

Everybody needs to know

You might be crazy

haven't I told you lately

That I love you

You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly

And it's crazy

That someone could change me

Not no matter what it is I have to do

I'm not afraid to try

And you need to know that you're the reason, why

I don't even care when they say you're a little bit off

Look at me in the eye

I'd say I could never get enough

Cuz it's alright keep it together where ever we go

And it's alright oh well whatever

Everybody needs to know

You might be crazy

have I told you lately

That I love you

You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly

And it's crazy

That someone could change me it doesn't

matter what it is I have to do

I'm not afraid to try

And you need to know that you're the reason, why

If it was rainin' you would yell at the sun

Pick up the pieces when the damage is done

You say it's just another day in the shade

Look at what a mess we made

You might be crazy

have I told you lately

That I love you

You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly

You might be crazy

have I told you lately

That I love you

You're the only reason that I'm not afraid to fly

And it's crazy

That someone could change me

Not no matter what it is I have to do

I'm not afraid to try

And you need to know that you're the reason why

I don't wanna make a scene

I don't wanna let you down

When she got out of the booth they all looked at her and started clapping at her performance.

“Mai that was brilliant.” Mark said and she smiled glad that she didn’t let him down.

“So you are going to use the song?” she asked and Mark nodded this was a nice returnee for her on the stage.

I do not own the song Victoria Justice does. So Mai is back in the game singing a little hard being a mum of three but she will manage.

A few more chapters and this book is done I love you guys and tell me what you think, comment and vote xoxo :)