34. The wedding and the honeymoon

The day was here at last the 25. of May was when everything was ready. The banquet the church and the dress. Mai was looking at her reflection in the mirror and she couldn’t not believe it. Today she would become Mrs. Smith. Just the thought of it made her a little nervous.

Her brothers had made it and now they were on their way to the church to tees Matt. It was a tradition in their family. When a girl is getting married the groom should receive a joke form her side of the family so her brothers had decide to use the traditional she is not coming joke on Matt and Mai could almost see it. He would start panicking about it and Ben is going to have to calm him down.

He only told her a few weeks before the wedding that Ben is going to be his best man. She thought that by Ben being their friend it was a little funny that Matt has chose him to be his best man off all of his friends.

The cathedral of St. Peter was filled with their friends and Steven was here with his wife and so was Mark with his partner and that meant so much to Matt. Karen had arrived with Arthur by her side like he knew she would, David was coming in with Georgia and Alex was already seated with her daughter in the third row.

Matt was anxious for Mai to show up at the door, Ben was standing next to him trying to calm him down with no luck so far. Mai brothers walked in and Matt thought that that was it she was coming and then he noticed the serious faces they had. Drew was right behind them with his girlfriend.

As Mai’s brothers come up to him he was now confused and didn’t know what this was about.

“Matt we are weary sorry.” One of then started and the other continued

“Mai is not coming she decided that she couldn’t cope with all of this and took of this morning with the flight to New York.” He said with a sad face and the first one continued

“When we woke up she was already gone. I’m so sorry man.” He said taping Matt on the shoulder for comfort.

Matt looked at Ben who give him a small smile on the face and then looked at his date Louise who just shrugs her shoulders not knowing what else to tell him.

“I’ll have to cancel the wedding.” Matt says and it is in that time that the Perroni boys start laughing

“Don’t worry she is just running late but she is coming.” One of them said

“You should have seen your face. We are so sorry but this is a tradition in our family and you had to go throe with it. We thought that Mai told you?” Matt is looking at both of them

“No she didn’t tell me anything I thought that she really left.” He said with a laugh

“Good luck man.” The boys said to him and he smiled

“They were right you should have seen your face.” Ben said when they left

“Did you know?” Matt asked him but Ben shook his head

“She didn’t tell me anything. And speak of the devil.” He said looking at the door

Mai was there standing next to her father who was holding her by the hand. To Matt she looked as an angel.

“More like and angel.” He said to Ben who smiled to his friend.

The music started and the wedding march was on. Mai looked gracefully as she walked down to the aisle she was nodding to all off the friends and family that had come to joined them today. But to her the most important thing was standing at the altar. Matt was dressed in a in a dark blue suit that made him look even more handsome if that was even possible. When her father give her hand to Matt he left to join her mother who was already crying. Matt come up to her and said.