28. Truth and I still love you

Matt was frozen for a few minutes looking at her running away for him. He couldn’t let her go not again he did that once and he was wrong. When he thinks back to the time he broke up with her he should never have broken it of he knew Michal was wrong.

Flashback

He had been reading the script and spending some time with the crew of Doctor who they were ready to film the last episode that was how he met Michael. They become friends soon but thinking of it now Matt thinks he was not a friend back then.

He and Mai invited Michael to dinner which he happily excepted. He still remembers the time Michael told him those word.

“Matt I know it hurts to hearer it but it’s the truth she loves him and I’m convinced he loves her. To me it looked like it.” He said

“She would never do that. It can’t be.” Matt was so shocked that he didn’t know what to say. The woman he loved had betrayed him and he could not cope with that.

“You would have had to break up with her for the show and she was going to go back home any way. You have to do it will just hurt more after.” Michael said

End of flashback

He shakes his head and runs in the same direction Mai went towards the lake. He found her sitting on a bench looking at the water the wind was messing with her hear. He seated himself next to her she didn’t say anything. So he decided he will be the one to start talking first.

“Mai I...” she raised her hand up to stop him from talking

“No. Just don’t we told to each other what we had to say some time ago.” She told him tears started forming in her eyes

“I didn’t know you wanted me to go after you I thought...” he started and she interrupted him

“Matt if you didn’t know it then what makes you think you know it now?” she said. She was angry with him she could no longer hold in if she did she would explode.

“I’m sorry Mai.” He had that puppy dog face that once upon time she would have fallen for

“Matt get a hint.” She rose from her seat and started to walk away as he looked after her he had to make a way for her to listen to him and he knew the exact person who could help him.

The week had ended and Mai could not wait for some time to herself that was until Karen asked her to come with her to the bar to have a drink. And Mai as a great girl she was could not say no.

The cab took her to the address that Karen give her. The nights light of Chicago were making the city looked even more beautiful than it was by day. Mai loved traveling seeing new sights was a passion of hers as much as singing and acting. The pub was in mid town she exerted the cab and paid the man.

The pub was packed with people and Karen was sitting with Matt at one of the tables

“I’m crazy for helping you.” Shi tells him

“Don’t worry I just want to talk to her and i do appreciate your help.” In that moment Matt notices Mai walking in “Go she is here and thanks for this.” He tells Karen who just shakes her head.

Matt is on his way to meet with Mai half way next to the bar she has just ordered a drink as he comes to her.

“Can we talk?” he ask as she turns to look at him annoyed at his presents she is about to walk away as he stops her holding her arm by the elbow. “Just give me a chance to explain pleas.” She takes a deep breath as her drink comes and she decades what she is going to do. He shows her the closest table and they sit down.

“Do you remember Michael?” he ask and she thinks about it for a minute before nodding her head “He told me he saw you with another guy and said that the best thing I could do was break up with you. Michael thought that you would be a distraction in my way so he planed our break up without us noticing well without me noticing. I was hurt and I was not thinking back then. Mai I love you need to know that. Pleas say that you understand this. I’m so sorry but I’m still in love with you.”

“Matt I...” she started to tell him something but he stopped her

“You don’t have to tell me now I can wait. And if after all of this your answer is still not I will understand and leave you alone. You deserve to be happy. I think you are the one and only person that deserves is more than anyone and if that guy is not me then I wish you all the luck to find him soon.” He rose from his seat and started walking towards the exit

Mai looked after him. When she looked at him when he was telling her all of this she saw that he was sincere but she didn’t know what to do. Can she forgive him for everything he has done or should she find happiness with somebody else?

So seems like Mai is doubting her decision to never let Matt in her heart. I want to thank @Demihughes7 for her advice on the next chapter so this one goes for you I hope you like it. I love you guys so much so tell me what you think, comment and vote. I will update soon. :) xoxo