XX. We are alive and going home

Mai and Ben have been let go after three days and left in the middle of the road. They have started walking to find a village.

“Has this ever happened to you before?” Mai asked Ben after what seemed like for hours of walking

“If by that you mean being kidnapped then this was my first. And if you walking for a few hours then yes I was once left as a child I think I was ten my parents left me alone at a funeral but they remembered me after four hours.” Mai laughed at that and he laughed with her.

“Please tell me that is the village and that I’m not having hallucinations.” Mai said after twenty minutes of walk.

“You are not hallucinating we made it back.” Ben said as he started to walk towards the tents that were laid down near a small wooden cabin. Ines went thru the door and saw them. She looked like she hadn’t slept in days.

There were black circles and bags arrowed her eyes and she looked paler then usually. Her tin figure was moving slowly to them.

“O my God are you two alright I was so worried. We have tried to find you bout we didn’t know where you went. I was just praying that you were not dead. What happened?” she asked panic in her voice.

“Well we got ambushed by local criminals.” Ben started as Ineses hand was on her way to her mouth

“We have been kidnapped.” Mai finished and Ines was in shook

“I’m so sorry about this when we get to London I promise you that the director will give a compensation for mental damages.” Ines said as she looked at them both

“There is no need for that.” Both Mai and Ben said

“I don’t think that he will take a no for an answer.” Ines turned and walked away

“I’m leaving you alone for a while I need my fresh close and a little water. I’ll see you in a while.” Mai said as she went for the door of the cabin as Ben was left outside to wait.

The rest of the trip was fun for them they spent time with the local kids playing. Ben loved playing football with the boys. When there depart day come the kids were sad about it. They have gotten used to Mai and Ben being there and playing.

When they got on the plane Mai felt a little melancholic about leaving her and Ban have become close friends.

“You ok?” Ben asked as there flight took of

“Yeah. It’s just that I’m going to miss all of this and I’m going to miss you.” She told him

“I’ goanna miss you to.” Ben told her and hugged her tight

Mai was glad that she met him on this trip but she knew that when she get’s of this plane Drew was going to call and tell her how he was right and that she got kidnapped because it was Africa and it was dangerous.

She slept the whole flight but now that she was in England she was going to part ways with Ben and go her own way.

‘Here we go it’s time to face the music’ she said to her self

“Well I guess this is goodbye for now.” Said Ben as he hugged her “I’ll see you soon and I hope that you won’t forget to call.” He said as she laughed at that.

“I will I promise.” She says her goodbyes and starts walking towards the exit sign. It was cold and it was raining but this was London that was no news for Mai.

She grabbed her umbrella from her bag and opened it as she approached a cab driver. He looked familiar to her. That is when she realized that he was the one driving her to set when she lived in London. His name was Kris. He was a man in his mid forty’s he was wearing a brown jacket and dark pants a cigarette in his mouth was making clouds of smoke arrowed him.

“Hey are you free?” she asked and Kris turned arrowed to look at her

“Miss Mai?” she nodded her head “It’s so nice to see you. For you I’m always free. Where are you going?” he asked her she smiled and said

“Home.” Her ride didn’t last long her rented apartment was in the center. When she arrived at her address she paid Kris and said her goodbye exiting the car. The rain had stopped in the meantime.

Her apartment was not much it had a small kitchen with the dining room and a medium size living room. Her bathroom was not much but it was enough for her. The room was spacious and she could put down her things in her closet and still feel like its not too small.

When she entered she put her umbrella in its stand taking her raincoat of and putting it on a hanger. She didn’t want to unpack right away. So she just put her suitcase in her room. She changed her clouts in to smoothing more comity; yoga pants and a hooded sweatshirt. Her phone was on cafe table as she sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. She changed a few channels until she found something interesting. She was just starting to get comfortable when her phone started to ring. She didn’t even look at the screen of her phone.

“Hello Drew.” She said to her best friend

“Oh thank God you are alive. Never go there again I was in fear for the past few days. Like you used to say it I had Jesus in my mouth.” She laughed at that.

“I told you I was going to be ok.” She told him she could feel he was rolling his eyes

“Don’t laugh this was a traumatic experience for me.” He told her

“Well it was fun apart from being kidnapped and all.” She could hear Drew choked on something at those words

“You got kidnapped. See I was right that place is dangers.” He sounded like he was her dad or worse her mother

“I’m fine just a little tired from the trip you will be able to confirm that in a few days.” She told him

“Ok but I’m not letting you go to Africa ever again!” he said with his autocratic voice

“Yes sir.” She said as she saluted knowing that he can’ see her. “Ok get some rest I’ll see you soon.” And then he hung up.

After a will of watching TV she felt more tired and didn’t have straight to go to her own bed so she laid down on her couch which will turn out to be a bad idea in the morning.

Wow that was so good. Here you go guys a new chapter. Can I just say I love the paranoid Drew he is like a brother who won’t late your date go if your dad is not home.

Ok so I want to thank @TheNextCompanion22 and @Demihuges7 you guys are amazing.

Any way I love you all and the next chapter will probably be tomorrow so love you all xoxo :D