x. Its Christmas

It has been two months that Mai and Matt have been together the media didn’t know and they liked it that way it was safe for them they could go on dates and not be noticed. When they did interviews and be asked about there relationship they would say they were friends and nothing more.

The day before Christmas Mai was in her apartment cooking she knew that Matt was not that much of a religious as her so she decided to celebrate Christmas withoutthe Christmas tree. It felt different but if it made Matt happy she would endure. She heardthekeyin the lock that was opening her front door. It was Matt and he was bringing a tree with him.

“What is this?” she asked him when he closed the door. She told him she didn’t mind not having a Christmas tree in the house. He kept making this kind of thing surprising her in a good way.

“It’s a tree. I thought you would be glad to see it but if not I can take it buck if you don’t want it.” Mai smiled at him he was so kind to her what did she do to deserve to have a man like him.

“Its just I thought that you wouldn’t like to see it in the apartment so…”

“If you are celebrating then so am I and I like Christmas its all lights and love, family. And one day when we are married and have our kids we can tell them how I brought you our firs tree.” She laught at that and looked at him in the eyes.

“Kids? Matt are you proposing to me or am I already your wife?” she asked him.

“I mean one day when we are married and when I do propose this is not going to be it. Me dropping a tree in your apartment it will be romantic.”

“If we get that far. You don’t know I may live you tomorrow.” She sad with a grin on her face.

“You wouldn’t.” she smile at him and kissed him he kissed her back they were nice together it was as if nothing could ever broke them apart.

“I love you Mai you know that right?” Matt asked her and she nodded.

“I love you too.” She said to him and he smiled at her for that. But it was Christmas night and they needed to decorate the tree.

“Common finish what you are doing and help me decorate our first tree.” Mai went to the kitchen to finish there meal.

They pulled out all of her decorations out of the stockroom and started unpacking it when they were done they had there meal Matt was still amazed by the way Mai could prepare a meal and not have any training in it. If you give him something to cook he would probably burn it he can barley make a decent coffee.

It was midnight when they finished cleaning the plates so Matt dragged her under the mistletoe and his grin widened. Mai looked up to noticed the mistletoe abovetheir heads. She lend on Matt and kissed him realizing it I already Christmas.

“Marry Christmas Matt.” She said with a big smile on her face

“Marry Christmas love.” He said and gives her a kiss.

“I guess now I can give you your present.” She sad giving him a little box “Open it.” She told him.

Inside the box was a wristwatch and Matt smiled at her he was complainedthat hisold one hadbroken. He gives her a quick kiss.

“Thank you. You really are a lifesaver” he said “Now this is mine for you.” It was wrappedinpaper she torethepaper to revile the book she had been looking for from her favorite writer.

“How did you find it I was looking everywhere for it.” Matt smiled at her

“Lets just say a know people. Look inside.” He told her. She opened the book and it had a dedication inside To myloyalfan for still following me and my work Kathy Reichs.

“I love you so much right now. You have got to be one of the best guys I have dated.” She told him and kissed him. He deepened the kiss thinking she was going to go further but she pulled away.

“Matt I…” she started saying when Matt interrupted her in mid sentence

“I can wait its OK.” He meant that he was in love with her and willing to be patient.

In the time they had been together they have not had sex yet. It was something that Mai didn’t like talking about. The last guy she was with had used her just for her body. She knew she could trust him but she was not ready to go that far yet.

Hey guys the chapter is hear so vote, comment and tell me what you think love you all xoxo :D