3. Destiny Brings You Closer

Part-3

"Unn aankhon mein kuch hai...God..!!Why can't I forget those eyes...!!!But I must agree he looks so handsome...Nandini...what are u thinking about...??Agar kisi ko patha chala ki u r thinking about a random guy,,,,,no..."She closed her eyes tightly praying to God.

Since morning,those eyes came rushing in front of her eyes whenever she closed her eyes.And she started this chanting when she was trying to sleep.By the time she made herself comfortable on bed,there was a knock at the door.She went to open the door and saw his brother Harshad standing at the door holding glass of milk.He came inside almost by pushing her and placed the glass on side table.

Nan-Bhai...plzz...not again...

Har-Exactly...not again...just come and drink this...u again forgot to have milk...

Nan-Bhai...Don't act as if u don't know...I forgot it purposely...U know na I hate milk...plzzz bhai...

Har-hmm...chalo theek hai..mein ja kar Amms se bhol dhunga ki U guys planned to go to a movie tomorrow that too bunking the college...

Nandini was scared for a second and immediately stopped him.

"Bhai...aap ko kaise patha..??"

Har-Bhai hu tumhara...mujhse zyada tumhe koi nahi jaan payega...chalo ab will u have it or not...??

Nandini made a pout face and closed her nose and drank the milk in a gulp.

Har-Good girl...

She gave a weak smile at him and he smiled cleaning the milk-moustache on her face.He placed his hand on her head and said "Good night Chutki.."

"Good night Bhai..."She said happily.She always feels happy whenever her bhai calls her Chutki.She feels like she is still a little kid for his bhai though it is true.Her bhai always feels like she is a child to him.

...

In the morning,

Manik was waiting for Nandini at the same place where he saw her for the first time.He forgot about the meeting and was waiting like a Romeo.Little did he know,Nandini won't come to college as she and her friends were outing.After an hour,he realized how foolishly he was behaving.He tapped his head and immediately drove to office.Everyone seemed shocked as for the first time Manik was late.He immediately went to his cabin and sat being frustrated.

"Manik..kya hua hai thujhe...??Why are behaving like a Majnu..??Chi Manik...waiting in front of college gate that too for a girl u hardly know...What's wrong with u...??How can u neglect ur work...??No Manik...U can't do this...From now,just forget her and concentrate on ur work..."He said to himself and opened his laptop.

Just then Cabir entered his cabin.Seeing him,Manik's thoughts again went and sat with Nandini.Before Cabir started,Manik said "Cabir...don't...I don't wanna know anything about her...just leave that topic..."

This shocked Cabir.

C-Par...kya hua...???

Ma-U know Cabir...for the first time,I'm late to office...just because...I was waiting for her at that place...Cabir...only 5 minutes of our meet drove me this crazy...then imagine,how this love can effect my work...and I don't want that to happen...So plzz...

He said in one go and Cabir gave a slight smile looking at him.

C-Dude...True love is a constant battle in between ur heart and mind.Only when both are in sync with each other that true love comes into being...And I believe that my friend can manage his work and love simultaneously...

Ma-Do u really think so..??

C-haa Manik...It just needs some time...but U can balance...

Ma-really...??

C-Manik...Are u able to forget her...??

He silently nodded in a no.

C-So then...bro...u can give it a try...u surely can balance...Think twice before u decide anything...Follow ur heart but take ur brain with u...

Cabir stood to leave but stopped when Manik said "What's her name..??"

A naughty smile danced on both their faces and Cabir turned to Manik to say "Nandini...Nandini Murthy.."

Cabir came back and sat beside Manik.

C-Wanna know more...??

Manik nodded with a sheepish smile.Cabir started telling every single detail he has gathered and Manik was listening with full of concentration as if he has to crack an exam on that topic.A slight smile took its place on his face all this while.After a good 10 mins,Cabir completed.

Ma-jitna beautiful dhikthi hai uthne se zyada beautiful andhar se hai...

C-Well..that's true...

Cabir got a call and went to attend it while Manik started recollecting whatever Cabir said about her.When Cabir returned,he said "Manik...I have to leave...urgent kaam hai...and ha...be ready for tomorrow..."

Ma-Tomorrow...???He asked with a confused expression.

C-Yeah...be ready...

He ran towards the door while Manik shouted "Arey batao toh sahi..."

But Cabir left ignoring him.