20A. Unexpected

Part-20

As soon as Nandini entered,Amms hugged her ever lovingly.Nandini couldn't understand the reason behind her lovely hug.She smiled a little and asked "Kya hua Amms..??"

Amms led her inside and made her sit on the couch where everyone was waiting.

Her dad held her hands and said "Nandu Beta...tumhare liye rishta pakka hua hai..."

And that's it.

Nandini's dreams shattered and the ground under feet has broken into pieces.She looked at them in shock but couldn't ask anything.

Amms-Ha Beta...bahut acha ladka hai...bilkul tumhare Appa jaisa...

But how can she say that she has already found her dad in someone else.That's every girl's dream to have a life partner just like her DAD...who can make her feel special...like she is the only princess to him...

She experienced that with Manik.But how could she explain that to her family now.!!

Appa-Beta..trust me..tum bahut khush rahogi waha...acha family hai...and ha ek baath aur...next week marriage hai...

He said so simply and Nandini,who was already broken understood that there is no way left.She managed to speak "But...Appa...exams..??"

Appa-Ha beta...I talked to them about ur exams...u can write them after ur marriage...wo kya hai na...iss mahurat ke baadh 6 months tak ache mahurat nahi hai...iss liye...thodi jaldi mein hai..sorry for that beta...

Nan-Appa...itni jaldi...

Amms-Nandu...tum kab se argue karne lagi..??

Nan-nahi Amms...mein argue nahi kar rahi hu...wo...mein...

Amms-beta...humhe rishta iss liye pakka kiya kyun ki we know...we know that u won't cross our words...u won't break our trust...hai na beta...??

She looked at her Amms's eyes which were filled with blind trust on her and they locked her mouth from uttering a word.She nodded in a yes and said "Ur wish Appa.."

Amms-That's like my Nandu...beta kal se college nahi jaogi tum...wo there's only one week left na..and u have to be ready for mehendi,sangeet and haldi functions...wo 3 days mein mehendi hai..shopping bhi karni hai..

Amms kept on blabbering and Nandini could only see her shattering fate and Manik.

Nan-Amms...I have to go tomorrow...ek important assignment hai..submit karke aa jaungi...and leave ke liye permission bhi lena hai...

She said slowly.

Amms-acha...ok beta..but jaldi aana...

She nodded and ran to her room.And the remaining members got busy in marriage arrangements.

...

Malhotra Mansion.

Manik entered with a broken heart remembering the moments he spent with Nandini.

"Ek baar...bas ek baar sach bol dhiya hotha Nandu...why...why are u doing this to us..??"His heart screamed in pain as he entered his room.

Dhruv popped in and looked at Manik excitingly.

D-Bhai...aap ka date kaisa tha..??

Silence.

D-Bhai...boliye na..Bhabhi maa ne kuch kaha..??

Silence.Dhruv tapped his shoulder and asked "Bhai...chup kyun ho..??boliye na..."

Ma-For god sake stay quiet for a while Dhruv...will u please..???

He shouted on top of his voice and seeing an unexpected reaction,Dhruv was some what upset.He stood to leave and mumbled "Sorry Bhai.." while leaving.

Manik rubbed his hair back and called "Dhruv..."

He turned back to see Manik.

Ma-Sorry beta...

He said slowly and immediately Dhruv hugged him with a huge smile.

D-Don't be sorry bhai...aap ka poora haq hai gussa hone ka...

He said and Manik explained everything happened after Cabir joined them.

...

"I'm late...I thought I wasn't...but I'm late...I should have trusted Manik...I should have told him what I feel for him...bahut badi galthi ki hai mein ne...ab tak dhokha dhethaa aaya hu..Manik ko..khud ko..aur ab yeh groom ko...aur kitna mistakes karwaayenge aap Ayyappa..??"Nandini cried her heart out seeing Ayyappa's picture.

She lost him at the last moment after all.

"Manik...I just wanna talk to u once...for one last time...I wanna tell u the truth that I love u..."She thought and hesitatingly messaged Manik to meet her the next day.

Cabir opened the message instead of Manik and jumped with joy.

Manik,just then started smiling when Dhruv and Cabir tried to distract him,saw the message and his face's smile faded again.

D-Kya hua Bhai...??why are u upset...?? Achi baath hai na...Bhabhi maa wanna talk to u...

Ma-Nahi Dhruv...last 2 times she called me like this and said that we aren't meant for each other and even asked me to stay away...patha nahi iss baar kya kahegi...

C-Manik...ab aisa kuch nahi hoga...thu dhekhna...zaroor apni dil ki baath kehne ke liye bulaa rahi hai...

D-Ha Bhai...aap dhekhnaa...Bhabhi maa kal aa kar kahegi...I LOVE U MANIKjii..

He imitated in a filmy tone and Manik too smiled a little but his heart didn't.

...

Next day,

Manik filled his heart with some hope given by Cabir and Dhruv and he too hoped that she would confess.He smiled with a hope filled eyes.But to his disappointment,her face was red and her eyes were even more red.

Ma-Kya hua..??

He asked being worried and tensed.

Nan-Meri..meri shaadi fix ho gayi hai...

She said slowly but Manik couldn't register what he heard.

Ma-Kya..kya kaha tumne..??

He asked being confused.

Nan-Next week meri shaadi hai Manik...

She said while her tears threatened to fall down.

Ma-...

Nan-aap kuch bol kyun nahi rahe ho...??

Ma-kya bolu mein...??I don't understand one thing...why did u call me..??to tell about ur wedding or for giving ur wedding card..??

He asked in a firm tone.

Nan-Manik...mein...

She stopped seeing his eyes.

"Come on Nandu...tell that u love me...plzz..." He prayed.

To be continued....

14th update for today...

#HappyBirthdayParth

Lots of love😚