4. First Touch

Part-4

"Cabir...will u atleast tell me where are you taking me...???" Manik asked almost for hundredth time while Cabir had his signature smile on his face without responding to Manik.He just dragged Manik once he got ready for office and not even informed about where he was driving.

That evil smile frustrated Manik very badly and he started hitting Cabir to tell where were they going.

C-Manik...be patient...

He stopped the car and Manik was shocked to see the place.

Ma-Cabir...hum yaha kyun aaye hai...??

Yes,that was the place where Nandini and Manik first met.

C-Dude...Listen to me carefully...ab Nandini aayegi...wo bhi akeli...thu jaa...aur usko road cross karne mein help kar...eventually wo tumhe thanks bolegi...then introduce yourself...ho jayegi tumhare pehle mulaakat...

Ma-Cabir...Have u lost it..??and why would Nandini come alone...??U only told na..that her friend...koun thi wo..ha Mukthi...She will pick her daily...then...

C-Ssshhh...relax...I'm not a dumbo like u bro...I have planned everything...How Nandini came alone when u first saw her...???bcz Mukthi's bike was punctured...and today too...

He stopped and grinned thinking his own act.Manik smiled seeing him.

Ma-Par Cabir...why will she accept my help...??

C-yaar...sawal kitna poochthe ho thum...mein ne kaha na...u just extend ur hand for help and she will definitely accept it..bcz Nandini ko road cross karne se zyada dar kisi aur cheez se nahi hota...

Manik nodded slowly and again looked confusingly at Cabir.

Ma-But...mein kya bolunga...??

Cabir tapped his own head for having a dumbo-head like Manik.

C-kuch bhi baath kar yaar...wo bhi kya bolu...??

Ma-Aur agar mein phir se usko dhekh kar kho gaya toh...???

He asked innocently by which Cabir laughed seeing him.

C-good question...u'll definitely go to trance seeing her...wait...

He took a bluetooth and kept in Manik's ear.

C-Ab hum isme contact mein rahenge...and I'll be watching u..jab bhi tum uski aankhon mein kho jaatha hai,then I'll get u out of trance...ok..??

Manik nodded like a school going child.He was about to get out of car and stopped again.

Ma-Cabir...dar lag raha hai yaar...

C-Manik...Be a man...MANIK MALHOTRA kisi se nahi dartha...ab jao...wo aane wali hai...

Manik took a deep breath and stepped out of car while Cabir thought "kuch nahi hoga iska.."and smiled seeing nervous Manik from the side-mirror.

Manik waited for 2 mins and saw Nandini stepping down from bus.His heart stopped beating when he saw her.

"Manik...ab jaao jaldi..."Cabir shouted from phone.Manik came into his senses and moved towards Nandini while she was doing her prayer to help her out from crossing the road.

By the time she opened her eyes,Manik forwarded his hand and said "May I help u...??"

She looked at him in surprise and they both were lost in each other.They came out when they heard a horn by their side.Nandini,who don't wanna die in any random accident while crossing the road,thanked god for sending some help in the form of Manik,held his hand within no time.

And once again Manik was lost,,this time in her touch.

They both crossed the road hand in hand while Nandini almost hid in Manik and he protected her like a savior.

After they crossed the road,she immediately left his hand and looked at Manik.

"Thank you"She said slowly and turned to leave.

"Manik...rok ussee..."Cabir almost shouted and in a reflex Manik shouted "Nandini.."

Nandini turned with shock and surprise to see a tensed Manik.She came back upto 2 steps.

Nan-Jii...mera naam aapko...

She asked being confused.

Ma-wo...wo...ha...He stammered.

"Bolo Manik..kuch bolo..."Cabir whispered.

"I LOVE YOU"