35. Happiness

Dhruv and Aliya got ready to take the next step of their lives and Manik obviously got busy with the engagement preparations.

Manik and Nandini hasn't got time to spend with each other because of the continuous happiness they are experiencing.But still neither of them complained.

The day before Dhruv's engagement,Manik made everything ready and made sure that nothing will go wrong.Nandini is done with the shopping and designing.
At night,Manik rested his head on the bed post and closed his eyes.Nandini just came out after freshening up and saw the peaceful soul resting.She slowly moved towards and pecked his forehead.He opened his eyes and made her sit beside him.
He took her hands in his and said "Jaan...I know...we are not getting enough time with each other...but..."
She interrupted "Manik...aapko explanation dhene ki koi zaroorat nahi hai...I can understand..."
He smiled and pecked her forehead saying "I Love You.."
She smiled but didn't reply.
Ma-Kya hua...?? Reply...???
Nan-Acha reply...so do something for me...then I'll give the reply...
She said and he pulled her closer.
Ma-Acha...toh kya karna hai...??
Nan-Ek game khele...??
Ma-Game...??? U wanna play games with me...??
He asked while nuzzling into her neck.
Nan-Manik...I'm serious...
Ma-ok baby...so...tell me...what game...??
Nan-Mr.Manik Malhotra...aap toh bade bhaav khathe ho na that u r genious and matured unlike me...!!
Ma-Haa..wo toh mein hu...
He said proudly.
Nan-Fine...Then...I'll test ur general knowledge...
Ma-ok...go ahead...
He said raising his eyebrows.
Nan- U should answer quickly...within fraction of seconds..
Ma-wo toh mein yuhi bataunga..start..
Nan- India's first satellite is named after..??
Ma- Aryabhatta
Nan- India ka current prime minister...??
Ma- Narendra Modi
Nan- aur...aap ke secretary ka naam..??
Ma- Siddharth Varma
Nan- Who wrote "Management and Moral"...??
Ma- Roethliberger
Nan- aur...how many employees are under u...??
Ma- 5448 employees in Mumbai branch
Nan- Great...Then...how many moles are there on my body...??
He opened his eyes widely listening the question and she smirked.
Ma-Jaan what type of a question is this...??
Nan- Time up Manik...u lost...
Ma-No this is not fare ..u cheated...
He complained like a kid.
Nan-haaawww...I cheated...??? Ok fine...will go for another round...
Ma- Ha chalo..shuru...
Nan- square root of 256...??
Ma- 16
Nan- and...30 times 30 gives...??
Ma- 900
Nan- and...1+1...???
Ma- 2
Nan- Again u lost Manik...It's 3...
Ma- What...?? Nandu...1+1 is 2 na...!!!
Nan- No Manik it's 3...
She smiled but Manik was too serious to understand the calculation.
Ma- Have u lost it Nandu...?? 1+1 will be 2 na...
He said in irritation but she smiled a little more.
Nan- Arey Manik...I'm telling u na...1+1 gives 3...shall I prove..??
Ma- Ha prove...
He said confidently.She took his hand and opened his index finger.She pointed him and said "1" and then she pointed herself saying "+1" and then she placed it on her stomach saying "=3".

He just stared at her stomach and at her blankly while she smiled having happy tears in her eyes.Soon he too got those tears in his eyes.

Ma- Nandu...are u serious...??
She nodded in sheer excitement and he just hugged her ever so tightly.
She broke the hug and stood to stop the camera which she placed secretly to capture the most amazing expression of her husband.

Nan- and this is for u Manik...
She handed over the camera recording.
Ma- This is the best gift of my life Nandu...Thank u so much...Thank u so much jaan...
Nan- I Love You Manik...Thanks for coming into my life and making me complete...
Ma-Pleasure is all mine jaan...Love You...

They slept peace fully in each others arms but with a little more happiness unlike other days.
The next day they shared the happiest news to their family members and their happiness has no bounds.
D- Bhai...this is my best engagement gift...double promotion...
He said and hugged Manik tightly.
After all the family members congratulated Dhruv announced "So bhai...now this is final...We'll get married after our little prince or princess's arrival..."

Manik's happiness has no bounds.His dream family got completed after all.Nandini,who experienced and witnessed his love towards her,thanked god for sending him in her life.She entwined her fingers with his while he pulled her into a side hug,simultaneously witnessing another couple's new journey(Dhruv and Aliya).

Ignore mistakes...