Spencer Reid X Reader

You'd been friends for years, pretty much your entire life since his mom and your mom were friends since high school. Although, your feelings for him had passed friendship and grew into love, even though you knew he would never return your feelings, and he was also five years older than you.

"Spencer!" You called, trying to get his attention, he was currently talking with both of your mothers. "Spencer." You whined, he was completely ignoring you, unintentionally of course, he was just so absorbed in the conversation he didn't notice until his mom stopped him and pointed over to you. "Spencer I think she wants to talk to you." His mother giggled, causing him to blush a pale pink. "Sorry!" He apologized to you as you lead him outside to an old swingset you two used to play on.

"So....Is there something you wanted to talk to me about? You seem tense." He said, swinging a little on the swing, "Yes there is something." You began, you were a nervous wreck on the inside, taking a deep breath you quickly said, "Spencer I'm in love with you!" A dark blush covered your cheeks as you were looking anywhere but at him. "Oh (y/n)...." Spencer mumbles, his brown eyes wide, he stands up from the swing and you do as well, lifting your head to stare up at him.

"I'm sorry...but...I can't return your feelings...You're sixteen, you have your whole life ahead of you, you don't even know what love is yet and I'm too old for you." He says, he's not looking at you because he can't. He's breaking his own heart just saying the words to you, because he loves you but he's twenty one and you're only sixteen, far too young and he doesn't want you to waste your youth on him.

His words broke your heart, tears welling up in your eyes, "Don't treat me like I'm a child Spencer." You said, barely keeping your tears from falling, your voice already cracking, "If this isn't love then what is it? Why does my heart pound and my thoughts become clouded because the only thing on my mind is you? If this isn't love then tell me what it is!" You were crying now, covering your face with your hands so he couldn't seem the tears falling.

"You are a child, you're going to think you're in love so many times you'll lose count because that's what happens when you're a kid, I'm sorry but I don't love you." He said, it took all of his strength but he turned his back and walked away from you, you fell to your knees with tears running rampant down your cheeks. "Spencer..." You sobbed, he'd left you, broken and alone. After that any time you saw each other you practically ran away.

Even now, several years had passed, you'd graduated university and got a job working with the BAU, you were a profiler but also an expert with technology and information, similar to Penelope but not quite as advanced. Originally, upon learning Spencer was also part of the BAU you thought about quitting, even after all this time you still loved him and the thought of his rejection still sent a pain through your heart.

But you'd decided you weren't going to let your feelings get in the way of your love for helping people, unknown to you, Spencer had freaked out internally upon learning of your new job working together, because he too, still had feelings for you. You'd been working with the BAU for a year now, solving cases from behind the scenes to being out on the field, it was interesting to say the least. You'd made some great friends, and if you ever got to see them again you'd be sure to tell them all how much they meant to you.

You were brought out of your thoughts as the thick leather whip met with your skin, although you were now familiar with it you couldn't stop the small scream that escaped your lips and was muffled by the duct tape. You were working on a case about a man who was abducting women, raping, torturing, eventually killing and dumping their bodies by the water, when suddenly you were grabbed from behind and a cloth was put over your mouth, you were drugged and taken, becoming the newest victim.

"I think it's time we moved onto something else, don't you?" Your kidnapper said, first looking at you before turning to face the camera he'd set up, which was filming everything live and sending it to Garcia's computer. Your eyes widened, he'd been torturing you for the two days you'd been there, there were only a few things he hadn't done to you that he'd done to the other girls.