New Beginning - Young! Toshinori Yagi X Reader

He had been hit with a quirk, although that was the part he was used to. Toshinori Yagi had spent years being hit by different types of quirks as he was well known for being the Number One Hero for a great deal of time. The only difference between this time and all the rest was, to start, he was no longer the buff and amazing All Might he was known for. He was nothing more than a tall, lanky, skeleton known as just plain Toshinori Yagi. Nothing special, and nothing amazing. But despite no longer holding the power of One For All, his inner need to protect everyone was still there, still burning as bright as it did when he was first given his quirk by his mentor.

So when he found out a villain was going around attacking civilians and he just happened to be in the area, Toshinori wasted no time in running over to the scene to help those in need. By this point, everyone knew their favourite hero All Might was no more, but that didn't stop them from still believing he could save them somehow, someway.

Pro heroes were already beginning to show up when he arrived, and he knew he could count on them to stop the villain, so he spent his time leading people to safety, ushering help to those who needed it, and giving advice to the heroes when they needed it. But just as they were taking the villain away, the villain shot one more blast of his quirk off, hitting Toshinori square on. "Let's see how you handle that, All Might. Or should I say, Small Might?" The villain taunted with a cackling laugh before being taken away by the pro heroes.

"Small Might? What the hell...His quirk..." Toshinori tried to recall what he had seen of the villains quirk, but for some reason his brain was clouding over, his thoughts were muddling together and he suddenly felt drained. "I need to..." He began, but the effects of the villains quirk knocked him right out before he could even finish his sentence. He was transported to Recovery Girl at UA, for if anyone could help him, it would be her. She had been dealing with him and his health for a long time after all.

When Toshinori woke up, he was laying on one of the beds in Recovery Girls office, "Now what have I told you about being careful Toshinori? You just can't seem to stay out of trouble when trouble calls. Now look at what's happened to you. I don't think even I can fix this." Recovery Girl sighed, she handed him a mirror. She seemed calm, but when the effects of the quirk began she had not been so calm, her and Eraserhead, who was called in to see if he could cancel the quirk, had freaked out. The quirk he was affected by turned into a type of mutant quirk, a type of quirk that Eraserhead wasn't able to erase, even for a few seconds.

"I don't see how a mirr-HOLY SHIT!" Toshinori began but practically screamed when he saw his reflection, there in the mirror, staring back at him was his 15-16 year old self. His usually spiky, messy, blonde hair that hung in his face and went every which way was different, it still hung in his face, but it was soft and had volume once again. It was more golden than yellow once more. His sunken cheeks and unseen eyes were replaced with his past filled out cheeks and dimples, his bright blue eyes were back to normal, huge and evidently there. "You have got to be kidding me...Of all the quirks I could have been hit with..." He was still freaking out, he just couldn't wrap his brain around what was happening.

"There's more, it seems as though this quirk hasn't just made you appear younger, it's as if it's turned back time for you. Your respiratory system has been restored, everything that has happened to you since you were a teen seems to have disappeared, even your scars are no longer there." Recovery Girl explained, as she flipped through the notes she had taken during her exam on him.

"So how long is this going to last exactly?" Toshinori asked, his cheeks were turning pink as he thought of how she had examined him while he was asleep. His mind and body seemed to react like he would as a teenager, embarrassed and awkward. "Based on data Eraserhead and the other pro heroes have gathered, when someone is hit with this villains quirk, it doesn't wear off. You are a teenager now, and you're going to have to grow up all over again. Don't give me that face Toshinori. Now the bell for first period is about to ring and you best be off the class, Midoriya will help you out." Recovery Girl ushered him out of her office after explaining what she knew to him.

"You're just going to leave me like this?! I have to go back to high school, and - and be a kid again??" Toshinori leaned against the wall outside of her office, trying to catch his bearings, it seemed like he was in hell. School at UA was great when he went the first time, but that didn't mean he wanted to relive it all over again. "A-All Might! I'm sorry this happened, I wrote down everything about what happened in my hero analysis notebook and I've been thinking about how the villains quirk works, but I just can't seem to figure out how we could get you back to normal and not to mention -" Midoriya began to ramble, his green curls were a mess, his face was flushed and a tinted shade of pink, and he seemed stiff, awkward almost.

"Midoriya." Toshinori sighed, cutting him off. "Y-Yes?" Midoriya stuttered in response, "Just call me Toshinori, I don't want everyone figuring out what happened yet. So...I'm thinking of 'Going undercover' you understand?" Toshinori asked, he had just come up with this plan on the spot. But right now, he didn't know what else to do. "Okay, yes. Undercover would be good, keep the villains off your tracks while you're in a vulnerable state - I-I mean you're not vulnerable or anything, just your tiny, I-I mean...I'm just going to stop talking." Midoriya stumbled over his words and covered his face with his hands, utterly embarrassed over what he had just said.

Toshinori just laughed, his whole face lit up and he just looked so radiant in that moment. A look he hadn't had in years. "I think I'm the least vulnerable I've been in a while, quirkless or not." He joked.

"A-Anyways, let's get you to class, Mr. Aizawa had you put into his class, and he's told everyone you're a new transfer student." Midoriya explained as the two of them walked to class 1-A together. On the way though Toshinori had been in a conversation with Midoriya and hadn't been paying attention to his surroundings, causing him to walk right into another classmate. She would have fallen over if he hadn't quickly grabbed her, his bright blue eyes went wide and his cheeks turned crimson. "I'm so sorry miss, I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't mean to run into you." Toshinori began to ramble. His whole face felt like it was on fire and he cursed his teenage brain.

"It's alright, you must be the new student Mr. Aizawa was talking about, so I'll forgive you, just this once though. M'kay?" You teased with a wink before walking off. If it was possible, Toshinori's cheeks grew even darker. He covered his face with his arm and sighed. "I am an old man. I am not blushing. I am not thinking about how cute one of my students is. I am not. I am not." Toshinori said out loud to himself. Midoriya couldn't help but laugh at that. "Based on the effects of the quirk, I think it's safe to say that you are not an old man, but just a regular teenager like us."

The conversation ended as the two of them entered the classroom, Mina and Kaminari freaked out over the new student, Kaminari thought he seemed cool, Mina thought he was cute. Bakugou immediately told him that new student or not, he was still better even without knowing what the kids quirk was. Aizawa told everyone to shut up so he could teach them the lesson and things tried to continue as normal.

Toshinori was a smart guy, he'd had good grades as a teen, and he was a teacher for a short time, but the hero course was different than he remembered it to be. Despite being a past pro hero himself, he was struggling to keep up with all the new hero things they were being taught. He let out a quiet sigh and rested his head on his desk just as the bell for break rang. "Are you okay Toshi?" You asked, standing beside his desk with a worried expression on your features. "Huh?" He lifted his head, his blue eyes looking into yours, "Y-Yeah, just this hero stuff seems different. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with everything."

"I can help you whenever you need it, I'm (y/n) (y/l/n) by the way." You said and offered your hand to shake, which he did.

And that was the start of your friendship. The two of you spent a lot of time together, usually as a group that included Midoriya, but sometimes it was just the two of you. And if you were both being honest with yourselves, you liked when it was just the two of you. It had been many months since Toshinori had been hit with the de-aging quirk, and over time he got used to his newly refreshed self, he could eat whenever and whatever he wanted, he could breathe without any problems, and he could do just about anything. He just hated the hormones that came with being a teenager.

He had laughed at how Midoriya had acted around him when they had first met, he was awkward and embarrassed, and an utter mess with his words and apologies. But now Toshinori understood. Being a teenager once again made him lose the confidence he had gained when he was All Might, now he was practically on the same level as Midoriya. Only instead of becoming a ball of nerves around heroes, he was a ball of nerves around you. If your hand brushed his, or if the two of you simply held eye contact for too long, he started to blush. It was really getting on his nerves.

Especially with how he wanted to tell you his true identity. He hated lying to you, well, not exactly lying. But hiding the truth. He acted the way he had as a teen, boisterous, loud, he kept his signature smile on like always, he was friendly and brushed off every negative comment he received. Which this time around was more often than not, since he was quirkless afterall. But he kept his past separate, he hid who he was besides the teen version of him. It was easy to play the energetic and helpful class clown, but it was hard to keep his mouth shut, hard to keep his secrets. From a girl who had taken the heart he never wanted to give away. He didn't want to have anyone close to him out of fear, fear that they'd reject his weak side, fear that they'd be hurt because of who he was.

But now, things were different, he was different. Toshinori had finally decided he was going to tell you. He hoped it wouldn't affect you two too much, he hoped you'd understand, that you wouldn't be disgusted by him, or pull away from him. But he would have to understand if you did. If you couldn't accept him.

"Toshi? What are you doing here?" You asked as you opened the door to a disheveled Toshinori, his breathing was uneven and his hair was a mess. Appearing as though he had ran all the way to your house. He blushed a dark crimson, maybe he shouldn't have ran all this way just to tell you this, now he was losing his confidence and he was feeling quite shy. "Hi (y/n)." He said, straightening up and waving awkwardly. You giggled and pulled him inside, "Hi Toshi." You waved too, still giggling.

"Can we talk?" He asked nervously, "We're talking right now." You countered with a wink. "Yes we can talk." You said with a smile, leading him to your room and taking a seat on your bed. He closed the door behind him, because he didn't want anyone else to know what he was going to say, but he didn't take a seat. He was still a little uncomfortable being in a girls room, it made his heart beat increase and his body temperature rise. You pat the bed beside you, "Sit down." You practically ordered, worry starting to creep into your voice, and into your mind. This seemed serious.

"There's something I have to tell you, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't speak till I'm done because I don't want to lose confidence." He quietly whispered, slowly sitting down on the other end of your bed. He kept his blue eyes anywhere but on you, focusing instead on the wall. "Okay, go ahead." You said, looking at him.

So he began, from the beginning. He told you about what happened with the villain and how he had been trying to protect the civilians, he told you about the effects of the quirk, about how he had changed, about how he was stuck like this and aged like normal, how it was like he was restarting his life from his teen years. He even told you parts of his past, like his quirk and how he had gotten it, and how different everything was now, and how different it was to be quirkless again. He told you everything he wanted to tell you and more. And by the end of his long talk, he finally told you about his feelings for you.

How he felt warm whenever you were around, how he was happy when you were happy, and how much he liked being around you, how he wanted to protect you all the time, even though he was quirkless, even though he knew you could protect yourself and he admired you for that, for your strength and your bravery. He told you about how he found himself falling for you, and as much as he tried to resist it he just couldn't. You made him feel things he hadn't felt in his very long life. And he liked that. And he liked you.

"So that is why I ran all this way, I had to tell you and be honest with you. And....And if you don't feel the same way, or you don't want to continue this friendship, or anything else....That's okay...I will accept that." He said with a sigh, finally looking at you. His eyes were filled with tears and it looked like it had taken everything in him for him to say that to you.

You were silent for a moment before finally speaking up, "Toshi...I already knew who you are, or, who you were." You said, his eyes went wide, "What?" He was shocked at this. "I didn't at first, or for awhile, but you gave yourself away that one time you rushed into Recovery Girls office to see me after I'd been hurt during training. You said 'I'm here' the same way you would say when you appeared as All Might with the whole 'Have no fear for I am here' and I put the pieces together." He was in shock, he hadn't even realized he had said that. He had given himself away without even meaning to.

"But....I didn't stay friends with you because you used to be All Might, I stayed friends with you because I like Toshinori Yagi, I like the teenage boy who ran into me on his first day of classes. I like the boy who cheers me up when I'm sad and has the cutest reaction when he gets a question wrong in class, I like the boy who pursues his goals and pushes all of his classmates to be better, to be the heroes they want to be, even when they don't want you too." You moved closer as you said this, till you two were just inches apart.

"I don't want to continue this friendship. I want something more. I want to be more than just friends, and I'm glad you do too." You smiled, "Heh, yeah.." Toshinori's face was redder than Kirishima's hair at this point, he was as stiff as a board and he didn't know where to look anymore, caught between glancing at you, and looking at the wall out of sheer embarrassment.

"So start fresh, be just whoever you want to be, Toshi, not All Might or anyone else, but you." You said, gently cupping his cheek with one of your hands and tilting his head so he was looking at you. He hesitantly reached out and wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer to him and into a warm embrace. "Thank you (y/n) for accepting me as I am." He said. "You don't need to thank me." You said, pulling back slightly, "Well I want to...There's something else I would like to do...I-If it's alright with you of course..." He stuttered, butterflies were rising in his stomach and he was pushing back his inner chicken self.

You practically read his mind, "Go ahead." You smiled, and closed your eyes. He sighed, hesitating for a moment, and taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, before closing his own eyes and leaning in, gently pressing his lips to yours in a soft kiss.