'Art Competition' Katsuki Bakugou X Reader

Miraculously, you had been accepted into UA High a couple of months ago, you had applied to it because everyone else was, and you thought you might as well give it a chance. Even though your likelihood of getting accepted was quite low, due to your quirk being centered around art, instead of anything that could help you fight like All Might, or take peoples quirks away like Eraserhead. But, somehow you had gotten in, maybe they saw great potential in you, or maybe they just needed another spot to fill in, in the General's Department, class 1-C.

When you had arrived at UA, you knew the course everyone wanted to be in was the Hero course, who wouldn't want to be a hero right? Well, the answer was, you. You knew heros were great and everything, they saved the day, but with heros, there were always villains. And you didn't like villains too much. You didn't remember much on the fateful day a couple years ago, you didn't want to remember, the only thing that constantly rang in your head was that your parents had been killed. Which lead to your dislike of heroes and villains.

During your time at UA, you had made a few friends within the General's Department and other classes who hadn't been able to get into the Hero course, such as Shinsou Hitoshi, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, and Mei Hatsume. All were unlikely friends at first, but over time they grew on you and you all tried hanging out, which never really worked out nicely, but it was fun and definitely chaotic which always made things interesting.

You had also made some friends in the Hero course, only after the Sports Festival though, because before any of what happened at the Sports Festival happened, you had been siding with Shinsou against the Hero course students. You had agreed with his thought on them believing themselves to be better than everyone, that is, until you got to know them. They actually weren't all bad, all of them were actually quite nice, except Katsuki Bakugou, who thought he was better than everyone, even pro heros.

That thought brought you out of your head and back to what you were doing now, you were actually on your way to the Hero class where you knew Katsuki was still in, probably yelling at another one of his classmates, you were going to challenge him. You, and everyone else, knew he thought of himself as better than everyone, but there had to be something you could beat him at, prove you were better than him at at least one thing, and an idea had popped into your head after that. Challenge him to something to do with art, your quirk was art based, you could replicate or create anything you'd ever seen, and if someone looked at your art for a long time, you could make them believe that they were there, in the art and no longer where they just were.

It was almost like manipulation, but all it did was amaze people, which didn't really help you with anything that could do with being the hero you didn't want to be.

You knocked on the door and two seconds later you were staring up at their class representative, Iida, "(y/l/n), what brings you here?" Iida asked you quizzically, "Hi Iida, I'm here to challenge Katsu to an art competition. See who can paint the better painting." You said with a mischievous smirk, Iida would have rolled his eyes had he not been so up tight. He sighed instead, and let you into the classroom. "Katsu! I have to talk to you." You said as you made your way over towards his desk. He turned around and glared at you, "I told you not to call me that, idiot!" He growled. The two of you weren't exactly friends, but you walked home together most nights, usually in silence, because you lived on the same street. Once you realized that you began calling him 'Katsu' as a sort of nickname.

"Will you stop calling me 'idiot' I told you to call me (y/n), gosh, or at least come up with a better nickname." You giggled slightly, "Anyways, I'm here to challenge you to an art competition." You said, Katsuki's glare intensified, "Why the hell would I want to do art?!" He yelled annoyed, "Oh you don't want to? Or are you just afraid that you'll lose?" You teased, you knew exactly how to get him to do something, it was challenge him, and taunt him as if he'd lose, but not too much because then he could really explode. Literally and metaphorically.

His hands began to spark as he took a step closer to you, the two of you were so close you could feel the heat radiating off of his body, his red eyes stared into your (e/c) ones, "Fine, I'll do your stupid challenge. But don't think for a goddamn second I'll let some idiot from the General's Department beat me! I'm the best at everything!!" He spat out. "Alright, art room, 3 o'clock, be there or be square." You said, and with a little bravado, leaned up and pecked him on the cheek before fleeing back to your own classroom without even seeing his reaction.

Had you seen it though, you would have seen his whole body tense up, and his face instantly bloom into a shade of red darker than his own eyes, he just stood blankly staring at the spot you had just been in, before quickly recovering. He scoffed, and glared around his classroom, making sure that if anyone was looking at him they quickly looked away, before sitting back down in his seat, and tapping his foot impatiently until he could prove to you he was better.  

He arrived at the art room at exactly 3 o'clock, which surprised you immensely, you had thought he'd be late, but you guessed that when it came to a challenge, Katsuki was always ready to prove himself.

After you had challenged Katsuki, you later ran into some of the kids also in his class and asked if they could come watch, and judge whose art was better, they had agreed and had arrived shortly after Katsuki did. "Let's get this dumb art thing started so I can win already!" He growled, "Alright, (y/n) if you're ready, go ahead and begin." Kirishima said with a grin, it was always exciting for him to watch his friend get worked up over something, as long as he didn't get too worked up about it.

Iida, who had been one of the students you talked to, restated the rules of the challenge, and the two of you began to paint. The entire time you were painting you were silent, focused completely on what you were doing, it was a sunset on a clearing cloudy day, the sun was just beginning to peek through the clouds and cast a faint glow on the trees that grew up around the canvas. "Done." You said after nearly an hour.

Unlike you, Katsuki had been muttering curse words and insults the entire time he was painting, and if he was being honest, he knew his painting wasn't going to win, it looked like a five year olds paint by numbers, with bright green hills and a sky that was blue with a neon yellow sun. He knew next to nothing about art. He didn't even need art. All he needed was to be better, and stronger than everyone. "Done.." He muttered.

Iida, Kirishima, Midoriya, and Uraraka made a few mumbles to each other, gestures, and looked at each painting for a little while before each one said (y/n), "You win (y/n)! Your painting looks so realistic!" Uraraka said, completely amazed at your work. You blushed, "Thanks guys." You said before turning your attention to Katsuki who seemed like he was trying not to explode, his hands were sparking and he kept clenching and unclenching them, refusing to even look at you.

"We'll leave you two alone. Shout if you need help though (y/n)!" Kirishima said with a wink before everyone left you and Katsuki sitting in the art room alone together. "Hey..." You said, "Hmm." Was all he replied with, "Don't pout just because you lost, you're still better than me at everything else." You said, even though you really wanted to gloat, and be happy about beating him at something, you thought if he was trying this had to restrain his temper, you'd help feed his ego.

"Yeah! And don't you forget it!" He yelled, finally turning to look at you and in turn, looking at your painting, his red eyes widened, before he quickly shook his head and turned his attention back to you. "I guess your painting is okay, amatere at best." He said, you smiled and accepted his words as a compliment, rather than an insult.

"Thanks Katsu." You giggled, he glared, "Stop calling me that idiot!" He said, hands sparking once more. You sighed and in an attempt to get him to stop, grabbed both of his hands and just held them in yours, squeezing lightly. His hands slowly stopped sparking and he had his face turned away from you, a light blush dusting his cheeks. "We should do this again sometime, maybe I'll be able to beat you at something else." You said.

"Don't push your luck!" He shouted, squeezing your hands lightly back, as if to show you he wasn't really mad.