Midnight Kiss - Shouto Todoroki X Reader

It was New Years Eve, the day that was anticipated for as soon as Christmas was over. It was the last day of the year and the beginning of a new year, a fresh start, a time to experience different things. The entire class of UA's Hero Course had decided to throw a New Years Eve party, it was mostly for class 1-A, but some members from 1-B had been invited too, like TetsuTetsu TetsuTetsu.

The party was being held at Momo Yaoyorozu's house, because of how much space her house had, and because she felt incredibly happy whenever she had guests over. Originally you were on the fence about whether you were going to go or not, you had some alterations to make to your hero costume, but once your boyfriend Shouto asked if you would go with him to the party you had agreed without a second thought. Your hero costumes alterations could wait a few more days.

"Do you think we're overdressed?" You asked quietly, leaning into Shouto lightly as he knocked on the door to Momo's house. "Compared to the decorations I can imagine Yaoyorozu has in her house, no." Shouto whispered to you. He wore simple black jeans, with a matching black dress shirt, paired with a champagne coloured tie, to match your champagne coloured dress. You both chose sneakers as your respective shoes, choosing comfort over fashion in

that department.

"Okay.." You mumbled nervously, Shouto grinned, placing a small quick kiss on your cheek just as Momo answered the door, "(y/n)! Todoroki! Welcome! Come on in." Momo said as she opened the door with a wide smile.  You and Shouto walked in and you looked around amazed, "Momo your house is beautiful!" You said, expressing your awedness. Momo instantly began to beam with joy, "Thank you! Now if you'll follow me I'll show you to where everyone else is." She said, leading you down a long elegant hallway and into a massive room completely decked out for the occasion.

The two of you were welcomed by your friends as Momo left to go answer the door and greet another classmate, "I'm so ready for this year to be over." You said to Ochako who nodded in agreement, "But this years been really great for you (y/n), I mean without it you and Todoroki wouldn't be together." She giggled as a deep blush crept it's way onto your face. "I was already in love with her before this year began, our parents introduced us as children." Shouto said with a completely straight face and no hint of emotion change.

Ochako blushed and hugged you with a squeal, "Oh my gosh you're so lucky (y/n)! That was so adorable!" She said as she let you go, Your face was as crimson as Kirishima's hair, "Yeah I am." You mumbled in embarrassment, casting your eyes from Shouto, to the ground with a small smile on your face.

The three of you continued talking for a little bit until Ochako was pulled away from the conversation by her need to grab some food. You continued to converse with different friends until Shouto pulled you away from the conversations, leaving you and Shouto alone now. "Shouto! Where are we going?" You asked, surprised for a moment but following him nonetheless.

"Away. As much as I enjoy talking to my friends, I wanted some alone time with my girlfriend...Is that okay?" Shouto began, before becoming shy at the end, he wasn't very confident when it came to relationship stuff, but that was okay. "You can have alone time with me whenever you want, because I want alone time with you too." You smiled, lifting his hand up to your mouth and placing a small kiss on his knuckles.

He blushed, and you continued to say "Did you mean what you said earlier?" You asked, turning to look your boyfriend in the eyes, "Of course." He said, a small smile gracing his face as he gently reached for your hand again once you had begun to pull away, he pulled you in closer to him and wrapped his other hand around your waist.

"I love you Shouto." You whispered into his ear as you closed the gap between your bodies, wrapping your arms around his neck, "I love you too (y/n)." He grinned, placing a small kiss on your forehead.

"You know, you could kiss me on the lips right?" You ask with a giggle, he smirks and moves in closer to you, his lips almost brush against your own before he changes the angle and kisses your cheek instead. You pout, which causes his smirk to grow, placing a kiss on your other cheek, "I know, but I'm waiting till 12:00am." He said. Your eyes widen slightly, a pink blush dusting your cheeks, "Wow, what a romantic." You say with a poke to his chest.

"I can't help it. I've never felt this way for anyone else, and I always have this wanting feeling, like I need to show you how much you mean to me all the time. You drive me crazy." He says, pulling you back to him when you go to take a step back. "Shouto..." You mumble in awe.

"I really love you (y/n)." He says as he tilts your chin up gently with his hand, his eyes never leaving your own, "I really love you too Shouto." You say, reaching a hand up and running it through his soft hair and leaning up into him.

"I'm still not kissing you until 12:00am. At least wait till the 10 second countdown." He chuckles, pulling away from you so you don't try and steal a kiss from him.

"Seriously?" You pout, acting childishly but it's one of the things he loves about you. "Don't look so upset." He says, placing a kiss on your forehead again to try and get you to stop pouting, even though it's adorable. You begin to say something but cut yourself off as soon as you hear everyone at the party begin to shout, "10! 9! 8!..." They chant.

"The countdown has started." He says and you grin, "And a new chapter in our lives will follow it." You continue before pulling Shouto down to your height by his champagne tie, crashing your lips against his, and finally stealing the kiss you'd been waiting for all night from him. He smirks into the kiss and wraps both arms around you, lifting you up from the ground and spinning you around after everyone screams, "Happy New Year!" To one another.

You break the kiss when you can no longer hold your breath or your giggles, you wrap your arms around him, whispering into his ear once again,

"Happy New Year."