Izuku Midoriya X Reader - A Quirk Like Yours

You were a student at UA originally from the support course, but had been switched out and put into the hero course after the first month due to your skills not only on physical challenges, but mental challenges too. That was due to your quirk, much like your brother Hitoshi Shinsou, who could control people after they answered one of his questions, you could read and control the thoughts of those around you. This made you an asset to any team you were put on, super smart on any test you took, and would help considerably in the hero world.

Although, much like your brother also, people were always telling you that your quirk wasn't a hero quirk, but a villain quirk, and that together you and Hitoshi could control anyone you wanted. Because of this you decided to hide your quirk from those in the hero course, choosing to make friends with them at least for a little while, until they found out what you could do. It wasn't easy, but whenever someone asked you, you just said you were a good strategizer and people seemed to take that as what your quirk was.

Hiding your quirk was actually going quite well, no one had found out yet, in fact, due to the separation between every course, no one had even met your brother yet, which left your identity a complete secret. Over the school year you'd made a few friends, Ochako Uraraka, Tenya Iida, and Izuku Midoriya, all of them having different types of amazing quirks, ones that would actually help them fight in battles, and ones that normal heros had. Unlike yours.

Those three weren't your only friends though, you got along quite well with Katsuki Bakugou too, maybe because the two of you could go from a screaming match about literally anything, to laughing and playing around like nothing happened. You two worked nicely together as a team, Bakugou was the one who went out front and fought, while you stayed back and became a last resort / guard. You also let him complain about whoever he wanted to you, without an outloud complaint.

You were sitting in the cafeteria with Bakugou and his friends right now, talking about some of the fights that had just happened in class that day, you put your one hand on his arm to steady yourself as you caught your breath and calmed down. Little did you know a certain freckle faced boy was staring at you from across the room. "Deku if you keep staring at (y/n) she's going to notice eventually." Uraraka said to him, pulling him away from his thoughts as a dark blush began to creep onto his cheeks.

He quickly turned his head away and focused his attention on the food in front of him. "If you like her you should tell her how you feel. She might feel the same way." Iida said, Uraraka nodded her head agreeingly, "I think she likes you Deku, sure she's friends with Bakugou but she doesn't look at him the same way she looks at you." Uraraka said, trying to encourage him. Izuku's shoulders slumped, "What if that just means she likes him?" He mumbled.

Unfortunately for Izuku, Bakugou happened to be walking by and eavesdropped on their conversation about you, "As if someone like (y/n) would ever like this nerd, she said she likes bad boys, and the last time I checked, Deku was just a big cry baby who can't even handle his own quirk." Bakugou snarled."Kaachan! W-What-" Izuku began stuttering, his face beginning to heat up with embarrassment. "Give up idiot." Bakugou said, before continuing on his way.

Everyone's eyes widened, Uraraka's eyes quickly went to Izuku, whose eyes were now brimming with fresh tears, "He's right. I'm nothing like the guys she likes, I should just give up." He said as he stood up and began to leave, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. "Deku wait!" Uraraka said, standing up as well but pausing when she saw you walk up to him. "Hey Midoriya!" You said running up to him, "Do you wanna go run some laps with me before class?" You asked, grabbing his large hand in your small one.

"Um...Thanks (y/n), but not today. Sorry." He said, his green eyes cast down at the floor, pulling his hand away from you he quickly dashed off, leaving you standing there confused, and upset.