Valentine - Hitoshi Shinsou X Reader

Everyone in general studies, and even before he had made it into UA, was afraid of him. They were afraid he was going to use his quirk on them, that he was going to control them and make them do whatever he wanted. And thought for sure that his quirk was better suited for a villain than it was for a hero, which made everything a whole lot worse.

Except for her.

You had known Shinsou only since the beginning of the year, due to being in the same class, yet you had never treated him like anything less than a friend even despite his quirk and what everyone knew he could do. You talked to him in class, trained with him, sat with him at lunch and hung out after school with him. You two were nearly inseparable.

So when Valentine's day came around you watched as many of the girls in your class gave chocolates to every boy, which were friendship / obligation chocolate or chocolate that was symbolized around love, except for Shinsou. Everyone was clearly ignoring and avoiding him, which made you angry with your whole class. Just because he could control minds doesn't mean he would, that doesn't mean he's better suited to be a villain either.

"Shinsou!" You called his name as you skipped over to his desk, where he sat with his head pressed into the wood, his wild purple hair splayed out everywhere. "Hmm." He hummed, letting you know he had heard you. "I see that everyone is being the opposite of heroes today, treating people disrespectfully, gosh how pathetic." You said to him, but kept your voice loud in order for you to be heard by the class.

Some people actually stopped and looked at you both, glancing at the chocolates they were handing out to the class before quickly looking away. Maybe feeling a sense of guilt and shame for their actions.

"It doesn't matter. This day is always the same." Shinsou mumbled with a sigh, not lifting his head from his desk. "Well I hope this changes it, I made you, and only you, chocolates." You said, placing a heart shaped box with homemade chocolates on his desk by his head. "What?" He asked as he shot his head up from his desk and looked between you and the chocolates in front of him.

"I made you some chocolate, because you're my hero and I appreciate you." You said with a small smile, a rosy blush dusting your cheeks. "Y-Your hero?" Shinsou stuttered out, a crimson blush covering his cheeks. He tried covering his face with is arm, and leaned back in his chair a bit but you could still tell he was blushing. "Of course you're my hero, a very cute one at that." You giggled as you could visibly see his blush darken at your words.

"Come on, we have time before class begins, let's go for a walk." You said, pulling on his arm until he stood up and followed you out of the class. You both walked in silence at the beginning, until you finally spoke up, "I was being serious Shinsou, you are a hero, you're my hero and someday everyone will see you for who you actually are." You said, stopping him and staring into his tired purple eyes so he could see how serious you were.

"I wasn't lucky enough to get a heroic quirk though.." He sighed, glancing away from you. "That doesn't matter! You say your quirk isn't heroic but it is, it might not help you fight like Midoriya in 1-A, or shoot off explosions like that hot head guy also from 1-A but your quirk is important too!" You say sternly, grabbing onto his shoulders and shaking him, trying to get the words your saying to sink into him somehow.

"How? And why do you care so much?" Shinsou asked with a sigh, "How? You could help the police force so much by getting every criminal to just tell you whether they did it or not, you could stop villains so easily because nearly every villain says something before they do something, and so much more. You're so important. And why do I care so much? It's because I'm your friend, and I've seen what you can do and who you are, and it's also because I love you, idiot!" You're nearly yelling at him by this point.

"You....You love me?" He asked, purple eyes wide in shock, "I do." You nodded, a blush spreading from your neck to your ears. Well, now your feelings were out in the open, at least you managed to accomplish something today. You pulled away from him,"And if you ask why I swear -" You began, raising your hand to point your finger at him as he cut you off. "That's good, because I love you too." He stated, a cheshire grin spreading across his lips. "Y-You do?" It was your turn to question.

He nodded, grabbing the hand that you were using to point at him with and holding it in is own. "I have for awhile...I just thought you'd like someone who was in the hero course or something. But I'm glad it's me." He said, "Looks like I'm not as unlucky as I thought." He chuckled softly. "No, you're not unlucky in anything. And someday, you'll get into the hero course too." You said, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him into a hug. Which he returned with a content sigh.

"Thank you, for always being there for me, and for pushing me forward. Let's get into the hero course together, okay?" He asked, smiling softly, "Yeah." You agreed. And although it would take a lot of hard work and effort from the both of you, you were determined to see your goals come true someday. And they did, eventually by year three you both had been accepted into the hero course 3-B. It might not have been the popular class of 3-A, but it was still the hero course and you were determined to continue to push forward.

Together.