'Luck' Hitoshi Shinsou X Mute!Reader

You were a student in class 1-A's hero department, with a quirk that allowed you to manipulate wind, whether it was causing simple gusts of wind to float through the air, or creating full-blown tornado's, ready to destroy anything in their paths. It was an okay quirk in your opinion, it kept you cool in the summer that was for sure, but in combat it wasn't very useful in hand to hand combat. Despite that though, you had been accepted into class 1-A, making lasting friendships and working to improve your quirk.

Preparing yourself for this years Sports Festival.

You managed to survive through the first couple tests, until you made it to where you would have to fight against one other person, winning only through knocking your opponent out of the ring or immobilizing them. Not a problem depending on who you managed to get stuck with. Luckily for you it was announced you would be up against Hitoshi Shinsou from the general studies class.

Your friend Mashirao Ojiro had warned some of the members of your class that Shinsou had a brainwashing quirk, where he'd ask a question and as soon as you answered it he could control you to do whatever he pleased. Luckily for you,

You were mute.

Meaning his quirk would be completely useless against someone who was unable to speak. "Good luck (y/n)! Show him who's boss!" Uraraka cheered for you as you made your way into the ring. You smiled and waved at her before facing your opponent. "Next up we have Hitoshi Shinsou from general studies vs (y/n) (y/l/n) from 1-A's hero department!" Present Mic announced, and began the match between you two.

"That monkey was going on about his pride earlier, but I just think he's an idiot for throwing away his chance like that." Shinsou stated simply, staring at you with an expression that appeared almost bored, as if he thought he had no competition at all. You glared at him, wondering what this kid with crazy purple hair and dark bags under his eyes thought he was. You huffed, twirling your index finger on your one hand, beginning to allow the winds speed to pick up.

"I have to get her to talk.." You heard Shinsou grumble as he shifted his position slightly, his eyebrows knitting together in annoyance that you hadn't spoken back to him. Leaving him unable to use his quirk. "Come on, say something." He called out to you, "Thanks to the way my quirk works, I've always been at a big disadvantage, but someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that!" Shinsou yelled, raising his first.

You sped the wind up faster, a small tornado forming and beginning to grow bigger with each passing second. It sucked small objects into it, like paper and rubble from previous fights as in grew in size. "You're lucky enough to have a heroic quirk! It'll be so easy for you!" Shinsou yelled as he watched your tornado grow. His face was covered in a scowl until Present Mic announced to the audience "It appears that Hitoshi Shinsou is unaware that his opponent is unable to respond to him. Due to his opponent being mute!" He announced with a hint of a smile evident even from his voice.

Shinsou's purple eyes widened and he froze in place, staring at you from across the ring, "You're....Mute..?" He said, it was more of a statement than a question but you nodded anyways, taking his frozenness as your opportunity to strike. You spun quickly, causing your medium sized tornado to increase drastically with your sudden movements, then you pushed your hand forward in the direction of Shinsou, your tornado following your movements and sweeping in the direction of the stunned male.

He snapped back to reality and tried to dodge your attack, but was ultimately to late as he was swept into the tornados spinning winds and flung out of the arena as you flung your hands to the ground, causing the winds to suddenly stop and everything that was sucked into the swirling winds to fly in different directions.

"And the winner is (y/n) (y/l/n)!" Present Mic announced and the audience went crazy with clapping and congratulations. You waved at the audience before walking over to Shinsou, who was laying in the grass on his back, glaring up at you. You reached your hand out for him to take, which he slowly did and pulled himself up. "Well isn't it just my luck, to be stuck with an opponent who I can't brainwash. Much like my luck at the entrance exams." Shinsou sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

"Congratulations though..." He mumbled before walking off towards the stands where his class was waiting for him.

----

That was how you two had first met, and from there became friends. You learned about how Shinsou was feared in every class he'd been in, everyone worried he would brainwash them, everyone telling him his quirk was better suited for a villain than a hero. And in turn, he learned about you and the struggles you faced due to your muteness.

"Shinsou." You mouthed as you poked him in the side, you'd been waiting for him in front of the school for nearly ten minutes, the two of you usually met up in the mornings before class and talked. "What took you so long?" You asked with a raised eyebrow, "I was halfway here when I suddenly remembered I left my homework on the kitchen table. I ended up having to sprint all the way back to my house to get it. What terrible luck I have..." He sighed, his gaze lifting to the sky to watch the grey clouds make their way in front of the sun.

"You do have pretty bad luck, huh?" You mouthed, tilting his head down with your hand to make sure he was looking at you.

"Yeah, that's just how it is though. Must have done something horrible in my past life to deserve all this crap." He said with a lazy smile and a roll of his always tired purple eyes, "I'll walk you to class, sorry for making you wait for me." He said, beginning to walk ahead of you in the direction of your classroom. You jogged to catch up to him and linked your arm with his, smiling up at him brightly before turning your gaze to the hallway and people around you.

----

"Hey (y/l/n)." You heard Shinsou call from behind you, you turned around to greet him but moved too fast, causing the two of you to collide and knock each other over.

You fell on top of the purple haired male, the wind knocked out of your lungs momentarily, your (e/c) eyes widened and you sat up, shifting in his lap, "Woah!" Shinsou said, gripping your hips quickly and without thinking as he too, sat up. His purple eyes were wide as he moved them in different directions, focusing on anything but the small female straddling his lap, his face covered in a crimson blush that matched your own.

"Sorry!" He mumbled, realizing he was still holding onto your hips, and letting go. "You're sorry? I'm sorry for bumping into you." You mouthed with a silent laugh, your one hand resting on his cheek, tilting his head towards yours to make sure he would read your lips. A skill he had picked up since becoming friends with. "That's okay..." He said quietly, his purple eyes staring into your (e/c) ones. "We should probably get up though, we're just lucky everyone's already in the cafeteria." He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

Your eyes widened again upon realizing the situation you were in, you quickly scrambled to stand up and reached a hand out to help Shinsou up. He accepted and stood up, "I'm sorry! I-I'm probably not the lightest thing, so I hope I didn't harm you!" You mouthed to him, he gave you a deadpanned look, before moving closer to you slowly. "May I?" He asked, you nodded your head slowly, confused about what he was asking you. Until Shinsou leaned down slightly and picked you up bridal style, as if you were nothing but a feather. You silently squealed and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Shinsou!" You mouthed, placing both your hands on either side of his face, tilting it down so he was looking at you, "You're not heavy, and you didn't harm me, so calm down (y/l/n)." He said as he gently placed you back on the ground. Your face was flame with a blush, you shifted your gaze from him to the floor, then back to him. "May I?" You finally decided to ask, his eyebrows raised in puzzlement but he nodded nonetheless.

You leaned up on your tippy toes, resting your hands on both of his shoulders to balance yourself, and placed a small kiss on his cheek. His face instantly turned pink, from his neck all the way to his ears. You silently giggled and returned to your own height. "Let's go get lunch now. Okay?" You mouthed, and he nodded in a daze. "Yeah." He mumbled as he held out his hand, which you gladly took. Leading you two off towards to cafeteria.

"Today must be my lucky day." You heard him mumble, causing you to giggle.