'Call Me' Izuku Midoriya X Reader

A few years ago, back in middle school, you used to be one of the bullies against Izuku. You didn't torment him physically like Katsuki Bakugou did, but you did taunt and tease him about his quirklessness, and about how he seemed to always be crying. Which to you, didn't seem so bad. But upon realizing you were thinking only of your own feelings, and not of Izuku's, you decided to stop your tormenting, after it was too late and you didn't think you'd ever see him again though.

You had applied to U.A. and successfully made it into the hero course 1-B. It wasn't as popular as class 1-A, but it was better than the generals department, so you didn't complain too much.

You had heard from Bakugou that Izuku was planning on applying to U.A. as well, but you thought he had no chance, after all, he was quirkless. "Defenceless Izuku will never make it into U.A., U.A is for heroes, and what is he? Quirkless." You had said to Bakugou upon hearing the news. You hadn't even realized that Izuku had heard you. He frowned, turning his gaze to the floor and quickly scurrying past you and out the door. Your (e/c) eyes widened upon the realization, and that's when you vowed to never say something hurtful like that again.

Unbeknownst to you, Izuku had managed to get into U.A. and even managed to get into the hero course 1-A. You noticed him a few weeks into the semester, and started paying more attention to him, especially when the Sports Festival came around and he managed to make it farther than you did. Until he lost in a battle against Shouto Todoroki. "He's had a quirk this whole time? Why didn't he tell anyone?" You mumbled to yourself from the stands, tapping a finger against your chin in confused thought.

"Wow Deku! You were so amazing!" You heard one of his friends say to him as he made his way back to the stands after seeing Recovery Girl, "T-Thanks Uraraka.." He stammered, embarrassed. "You were so fearless! And you just kept pushing forward even though you were injured! Why though?" She began to bombard him with her gushing amazement and questions. "I-I was just thinking about proving that I....That I wasn't defenceless....Proving this one girl that I-I kind of, maybe, sort of, had a c-crush on in middle school....That I'm not who she thought I was.." He mumbled quickly, his freckled face burning a bright red.

"O-Oh.." Uraraka said, and quickly changed the subject. You listened, frozen in place, to their conversation. Izuku had had a crush on you? Even though you were so mean to him all the time?

Did he still have a crush on you?

You cursed yourself, if only you hadn't been so mean to him, if only you knew where his feelings were at now, if only you talked to him more. Maybe, just maybe, you would be able to tell him that you had feelings for him as well.

From there your plan began, you would fix the relationship you had ruined before it even had a chance to start as a child. You would become friends with Izuku and apologize for all the mean things you said to him when you two were younger. You bumped into him in the hallway out of pure chance a few days after the Sports Festival, his green eyes widened upon recognizing you and he quickly bowed in apology for bumping into you. "N-No! It was my fault, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. You don't need to bow Izuku." You said, gently grabbing his face in your hands and lifting it to your eye level. His cheeks turned crimson, "S-Still, I'm sorry (y/n)-Chan!" He squeaked out. You giggled, "Well, if you want to make it up to me, you could take me out for coffee sometime?" You suggested with a smile.

"Okay!" He agreed without a second thought. And from there you two began to hang out, although it was always just the two of you, texting during class, late night calls, coffee shop hangouts, etc. Your different classes didn't give you much time to see each other at school after all. This went on for a long time until you bumped into him and his friends during lunch on day.

"Izuku 'Deku' Midoriya, also known as Defenceless Izuku, nice to see you around U.A." You smirked, poking him in the chest with your index finger. His old nickname had become more of a joke between you two, a reminder of how things, and people, could change.

"Don't call him that! He's not defenceless! He's great!" Uraraka said, coming to Izuku's defence. "It's okay Uraraka! She's only kidding.." Izuku said, lifting his hands up in surrender. "That's true, after watching him in the Sports Festival, I noticed his handy quirk. You'll definitely make it far in the hero world Izuku." You cooed, moving closer to him. "Of course he will, Deku is amazing!" Uraraka said, causing you to turn your attention away from Izuku and to her.

You raised a questioning eyebrow at her before turning your attention back to Izuku, "Oh, is this your girlfriend?" You asked. "W-What? N-No! She's just a friend (y/n)-Chan!" Izuku stammered out, his cheeks turning bright pink. "Y-Yeah we're just friends..' Uraraka agreed, her own cheeks dusted in a pale pink blush. "Oh..I see...Well is there anyone you do like Izuku?" You said, moving so close to Izuku that you could feel the heat radiating from his body.

He stood stiffly still, but didn't back away from you, unsure of what you were doing, "U-Um...T-That's...Well you see....I-I..." He stuttered, unable to form coherent sentences with you so close to him. He gulped and looked away from you, his face redder than Kirishima's hair. You grinned, leaning up to whisper in his ear, "Well, I happen to like you.." You whispered to him. Going back down to your own height, you gently grabbed him by the tie of his school uniform and pulled him down to your height.

"Do you maybe like me too?" You asked, worry slightly evident in your voice but you tried to hold it back. He nodded his head vigorously, his blush only darkening even though you didn't think that was humanly possible at this point. You giggled, pressing your lips to his cheek, lips grazing the corner of his own lips, before letting go.

"Call me later and I'll give you a real kiss." You said with a wink before walking off with a wave, leaving him standing there stunned as he watched you leave. "Who is she Deku?" You heard Uraraka and Iida question him, smirking to yourself as you lightly ran a finger over your lips until you could no longer hear them as you turned a corner.