Just Dance! Katsuki Bakugou X Reader

The entire class of the Hero's department class 1-A had gathered at Mina Ashido's house for one ginormous sleepover, Mina had been planning for the sleepover for weeks, she even got many of her classmates such as Izuku, Momo, Ochako, and you, to help her with the planning, set up, decorations, and making sure everyone was able to come. "Do we really have to invite Bakugou?" Ochako asked, worry lacing her words, no one knew how Bakugou was going to act, and whether they wanted to put up with him for an entire night, if he even decided to come that is.

"We agreed on inviting everyone in the class, which unfortunately includes him. The only good thing though is that (y/n) here replaced Mineta in the Hero course so we don't have to worry about his disgustingly perverted self." Momo said with a sigh. The group collectively nodded, except you, sure you were glad to be in the Hero course but you felt a little bad about stealing another person's spot, even if that person happened to be Mineta.  

After the first semester exams everyone knew that if you didn't win or do well on either part of your exam, you had a chance of being replaced in a class by another student. Mineta had won the practical exam for his team, and hadn't done too badly on the written exam, but you on the other hand, originally from general studies, had scored at the top of your class. You had gotten 100% on the written exam, and were lucky enough to be put on a team with Shinsou Hitoshi for the practical exam. Giving you an easy win. The teachers decided that you would be a bigger asset to the hero course than Mineta and you both had switched places.

"Yeah...I feel a little bad about taking his place though..." You mumbled, scratching the back of your head awkwardly, "(y/n)! No don't feel bad! Yes he was originally in the hero course, and he does have some skill when he actually focuses and puts his mind to the task at hand, but you are amazing!" Izuku said, trying to cheer you up but making you feel slightly worse than before. You sighed, and decided to drop it, "So are we done with decorating? The guests should be here soon." You asked, changing the subject.

"Yep! We're all done! I can't wait to party!!" Mina cheered with a giggle.

Everyone arrived over the next hour, some coming exactly on time, Iida, and some coming a little later, Kaminari, the only person who was missing was Bakugou. You let out a small disappointed sigh, you had really hoped he would come, seeing as you had a small crush on him that you didn't like to admit. The two of you hung out many times, even sometimes outside of school, you got along fine, and even though he was known for his explosive temper, he was normally calm, at least more than usual, with you.

You could even call your relationship friendship, you talked over text at least three times a week, and nodded at each other in the hallways when you passed. It was a good relationship. Then you had to go and have a crush on him, which threatened to shatter the world because, well, he was your friend and that would clearly ruin the friendship you've built, and you weren't sure if any of your friends would support you. They probably would but you couldn't help but worry.

You broke away from your conversation as a loud knock sounded at the door, Mina rushed over and opened it to reveal Katsuki Bakugou standing there, "Thanks for coming Bakugou! Although you're a little late.." Mina mumbled the last part, he tisked, "You're lucky I came at all." He said, nudging past her and walking into the room. You smiled to yourself, your mood instantly rising after seeing him. He seemed to be in a bad mood though, you decided to go over to him, "Hey Katsuki." You said, he turned around and was about to say something about using his first name until he noticed it was you who was talking to him, "Hey." Was all he said instead.

You grinned, "I'm surprised you actually came, I didn't think hanging out with your classmates was one of your interests." You said, staring up into his red eyes, "It's not. I'm just here to embarrass that idiot Deku." He growled lightly after saying the nickname he gave Izuku. "Oops! Sorry!" One of your classmates said as they bumped into you, they ran past you, knocking you off balance in the process and causing you to stumble forward, into Bakugou. "Hey you idiot! Watch where you're going next time or I'll make sure you can't watch anything for the next month!" He shouted, catching you in his arms and holding you gently against him.

"You okay?" He asked, you nodded, "Thanks for catching me." You smiled, he was about to say something else when Mina began to shout, "Okay everyone I've set up Just Dance! Who would like to go first?" Katsuki let go of you, it was a slow letting go though, almost as if he didn't want to, you took a step back and watched as some classmates raised their hands to go first. "Who would want to play that stupid game?" Bakugou sneered, "Of course I'm not going to play." He said, "Oh really?" You said.

"Huh?" He raised an eyebrow, "I dare you to dance to something with me." You said, poking his chest with your index finger, he glared slightly, "Oh yeah? Well I'll crush you on the dance floor then." He said, accepting your dare because he refused to chicken out of anything. Even a simple game of Just Dance.

After a few turns you raised your hand to go, "Alright (y/n)! Who's your partner or are you going alone?" Mina asked, "Katsuki and I are going, and we'd like to dance to Rihanna's song Umbrella, without the umbrella version." You said, leading Bakugou onto the dance floor, "What the hell kind of song is that?" He asked, slight annoyance lacing his words but he tried to keep it back.

"You'll see. Just give it all you've got." You winked and the song began.

The two of you began to dance the movements on the screen, "I hate you." He grumbled, already unhappy with the song, you grinned, "But you look so good moving your hips like that Katsuki." You giggled. His face instantly turned pink. "Shut up, I'll wipe that smirk of your face with my victory!" He shouted and continued to dance to the song.

'You had my heart, and we'll never be worlds apart, baby in magazines but you'll still be my star.' Rihanna sang, the dancer in the video leaning down and running her hand up her leg then flinging her hands to the side and doing the same movements with the other leg. You followed her movements, sneaking glances at Bakugou every now and again, little to your knowledge he was doing the same thing. Your classmates were generally silent as they watched the two of you dance in wonder.

'Said I'll always be your friend, took an oath and I'll stick it out till the end. Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other. You can stand under my umbrella, you can stand under my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh.' Rihanna sang. You pushed your chest forwards and backwards, swinging your hips in time with the beat, then doing a movement that was thrusting the hips forwards and backwards, moving our arms and entire body with the music.

Bakugou growled quietly, biting his lip as he danced, keeping his eyes on you the entire time. You both continued to dance, you watched him do the same movements he had just watched you do, it was thrilling and captivating to watch him dance, and you would probably never get another chance to see him like this. It was like the entire world was gone and the only thing that mattered was the two of you and this song. When it finally ended, you won, but just barely, with five more points than him.

"What?!" He shouted, surprised he actually lost at something for once. "Awe too bad Katsuki! Looks like you're not better at everything like you think you are." You grinned, he growled, pulling you by your arm out of the room and to a quiet empty one. He pinned you against the wall, his one hand beside your head as he leaned down, closer to you, "You may have won the battle, but you haven't won the war." He glared. "I think I have though." You said, quickly closing the gap between you two and crashing your lips against his, surprising him and causing a dark blush to cover his cheeks.

He kissed you back with the same passionate force as you were kissing him with. He moved both of his hands onto your waist, bring you closer to him, you shifted and flipped the two of you around, you pinning him against the wall this time. You rested one hand on the back of his neck, bringing him down to your height a little more, while pressing your other hand against his chest, with your hips pressed against his into the wall. Holding him in place, but only gently. He could break out and shift things if he really wanted to. But he didn't.

You broke apart when you needed air, panting slightly, matching crimson blushes on your faces, "You're a good kisser. And a good dancer." You said, leaning back up and placing a small peck on his lips, "And don't you forget it." He said, crashing his lips to yours once again.

Maybe he hated Just Dance a little less after that. But you'd never know.