Severus Snape X Reader

The two of you had first met at the age of eleven, both being sorted into Slytherin house and sitting side by side at the dining table. You instantly started up a conversation with him, talking about how excited you were to finally be at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and how both of your parents had told you stories about how they had met at Hogwarts and all the interesting and hilarious things they'd done during their years as students. Severus, or the gothic looking boy as you called him in your head, seemed completely uninterested in your conversation and was hardly speaking to you at all. Instead his eyes were focused on a certain red haired girl who had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"I'm (y/n) (y/l/n) by the way, what's your name?"You asked him, "Hm?"He said, finally looking away from the Gryffindor table and turning to look at you, his obsidian eyes staring into your (e/c) eyes, with an almost bored, yet not particularly rude expression. It didn't seem like he'd even heard anything you'd said, so you decided to repeat it. "Snape, Severus Snape." He said, before turning his head away from you again and back to the red haired girl.

You turned your head to look in the same direction he was, "Why are you staring at that girl? Isn't that a little weird?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at him. His pale face instantly turned a dark crimson and he quickly turned his attention to the food on the table. "I-I wasn't staring. And for your information, she's my friend." He said. You didn't talk for the rest of the meal after that.

Over the years you'd actually grown quite close to the gothic looking boy named Severus Snape, although nowhere near as close to him as Lily Evans was. You could tell, even if he had never said anything to you or anyone else, that he loved Lily Evans, but she didn't love him back. Instead she fell for another boy, James Potter, a Gryffindor just like her. Not only was he technically Severus's rival since they both liked the same girl, he was also his bully. Every single day, James never failed at humiliating or hurting Severus.

One time you'd tried to stop him, but that had only made Severus mad at you, he screamed at you to leave him alone and told you that he didn't need yours, or anyone else's help. From then on you silently watched as the boy you'd grown to love, grew farther and farther apart from you, until you both graduated from Hogwarts, and you no longer saw him.

You hadn't seen or heard from Severus since you both graduated, that is, until you read about Lily and James Potter's murder, and knew that Severus would be crushed. Even if over time he'd ever managed to get over her, learning of her death would break him. A couple years after that you decided to enroll at Hogwarts as a teacher, and were surprised to actually be hired. Many witches and wizards wanted to teach at Hogwarts, and it was highly prestigious school, therefore making it important when someone actually did get hired.

You would be teaching Herbology, along with Alchemy, Alchemy was only running if enough students choose it, and luckily this year it would be running. Your first day as a teacher at Hogwarts was hard, to say the least. Not only were you new to teaching, so for your first few classes you stumbled your way through lessons, but you also ended up getting lost when trying to find the dining hall from one of your classes.

"First day, barely even lunch time, and I get lost, way to go (y/n)." You sighed to yourself, you were about to say something else when you bumped head first into something, or more so, someone. "Oh! S-Sorry! I wasn't paying attention and -....Severus?" You began apologizing as you turned your head up to look at who you had bumped into. You let out a gasp and spoke the name you hadn't said in years. He was different from what you remembered, he looked, almost sad, yet more so grumpy, his black hair hung down in his face, and his entire wardrobe was black.

This caused you to remember the first thing you had called him as a child, the gothic looking boy. "And who might you be?" He asked, raising his eyebrow at you, his obsidian eyes, looking at you with annoyance, never leaving your (e/c) eyes. "Seriously Severus? You don't remember me? Wow I feel hurt. I guess I'll go cry in the girls bathroom now." You said, your voice full of amusement as you looked him up and down. " (y/l/n), your appearance may have changed, but your snarky and sarcastic attitude sure hasn't improved. Now, what's this about getting lost?" He asked, his voice remained the same, monotone, the entire time.