Valentine - Shouto Todoroki X Reader

Shouto Todoroki wasn't very accustomed to traditions and holidays due to his situation while growing up. So when it came to Valentine's day he was rather clueless as to how the holiday exactly worked, he'd dealt with getting cards and chocolates from random girls, which was normal by now, who thought he was attractive, or thought his duel quirk was interesting. Or even from people who were trying to get to his father through him. He was used to that part, and would pretty much hand them off to his siblings or throw them out since he didn't like sweets much and didn't really care about the people who gave them to him.

What he wasn't used to though, was getting chocolates from friends, from people who actually knew him for who he was not for his looks, his quirk, or who is father was, and from a certain girl who he found himself rather interested in lately, past the interest of just friends.

She was different from others, she immediately treated him like her friend even before he began to open up and treat his classmates better. She respected him not only for his duel quirk, which she continued to remind him was his and not half of his fathers, but she respected his opinion, his intelligence, his awkwardness and need for space sometimes, and she was always there when he needed her.

And he respected her for all those things too, and for how well she understood him even though at times he could be rather difficult. She never gave up on him and she continued to help him push forward and become the hero he wanted to be. So when she came skipping over to his desk before class in the morning and placed a cute bag of chocolates on his desk his usually stoic face turned a pale shade of pink. He was surprised and hadn't expected that from her.

"I know you don't really like sweets, but seeing as it's Valentine's day it's kind of expected that chocolates are to be made and given to someone you care about. These are dark chocolate which are known as being bitter and less sweet than milk or white chocolate. So I hope you like them, and if not, I could always make you something else." She grinned at him. You could feel a blush dusting your cheeks as you gave the chocolates to him, but you suppressed your shyness and pushed forward, now was not the time to chicken out.

His heterochromic eyes were widened slightly and he lifted his head to look up at you, "Why did you make these for me?" He asked, to which you giggled and pulled a chair over to sit close to him, "Because I care about you of course! And Valentine's day is all about telling the people you like that you like them. S-So I thought, what better way to tell the guy I like that I like him than with chocolate? Although you don't like sweets so I mean..." You began to ramble but came to a stop when Shouto suddenly opened the bag of chocolate and ate one.

Shouto didn't care at that moment that he wasn't much of a fan of sweets, the girl he liked had made chocolate for him and he would be an idiot not to at least eat some of them. Plus, she had gone to the trouble of making a chocolate that was less sweet than others, specifically because she knew what he liked and didn't like. When she began explaining her reasoning and worry was clearly evident in her voice, even he, who wasn't very good with socializing, picked up on it. He decided that eating the chocolate would be a good way to calm her down. At least a little bit.

Another thing he hadn't expected though, was that he would actually kind of enjoy the chocolate, and not just because it was made by her. She was right, it was quite bitter, but that was what made it taste better compared to other sweets. It was still sweet, but not overbearing.

A small smile lifted the corners of his mouth and he spoke up, "I like it." he said, before popping another chocolate into his mouth. Your eyes widened and you instantly lit up with a smile, "You do? So I was right in assuming that dark chocolate would be better than other types..." You giggled and leaned in closer to him, placing your elbows on the desk and your face in your hands.

Shouto raised an eyebrow at you but didn't say anything, he didn't even move away like he would have at the beginning of your friendship, which meant you two had definitely made progress throughout the months of being friends. He lifted another chocolate from the bag, but instead of putting it in his own mouth, he held it up to you, almost brushing your lips with it. "Open." He said, leaning his cheek into his other hand on the desk.

Your face instantly heated up with a blush, "Huh?" You asked in confusion, not understanding what he was doing. "You said chocolate is supposed to be given to someone you care about, and since I care about you, here have some." He simply said, still holding the chocolate out to you, "Todoroki that's not really - ..." You began to protest but he spoke up again and cut you off, "Just open your mouth (y/n)." He sighed and you finally obliged.

He popped the chocolate into your mouth and chuckled slightly under his breath at the face you made, caught between like and dislike for the slightly bitter sweet. It was interesting.

He enjoyed watching the many expressions that crossed her face, it was very different compared to him and his own expressions, she was very open and everything she felt was always evident by her face. It was the complete opposite of him and he liked that. That was just another reason why he found her so interesting.

"So....You care about me?" You finally asked, leaning in even closer to him so that your nose almost brushed his. Being close to him, yet still respecting his boundaries enough to make sure you weren't touching him without his permission. His small blush from earlier returned at your proximity, but he once again didn't move away, and this time, instead he moved forward, brushing your noses together. "I do. And apparently you care about me." He said, staring into your eyes with a hint of a smile ghosting his lips.

You let out a quiet squeak at his closeness, having not expected him to actually do that, "More than a friend should." You quietly whispered, but he heard you clearly, "Me too." He said, inching forwards again, your lips were a few centimeters apart when he asked, "May I?" Being the gentleman he was. You nodded and moved closer, pressing your lips against his in a gentle and sweet kiss.

He learned that there were two new kinds of sweets he rather enjoyed that day, dark chocolate, and sweet kisses from the girl he cared about.