Save Him - Fumikage Tokoyami X Reader

The class of 1-A and 1-B had gone on a summer training camp trip in order to improve their quirks, they were to be working most hours of the day on improving and testing their limits. Pushing past their boundaries and breaking their past limitations in order to grow and strength not only their quirks, but their bodies too.

Such as your classmate Katsuki Bakugou, who continued to stick his arms into boiling hot water in order to enhance his sweat glands and produce bigger, hotter, explosions.

Everyone was working hard on improving, even you, whose quirk was much like Recovery Girl's, healing. Only, there was one downside to your quirk that you hadn't yet figured out how to solve, you couldn't heal when you couldn't focus. You healed anyone who was injured enough to warrant healing, anyone with bleeding wounds or broken bones. You also trained physically with one of the Wild Wild Pussycats, Tiger. Who pushed you to your own limits. And did not allow you to use your quirk to heal the pain from your muscles, because in order to make them stronger, they had to repair themselves.

You paused for a moment in your training to take a look up the mountain, to a small cave that was shadowed in darkness, where you knew a certain classmate of yours was working with his own quirk. His name was Fumikage Tokoyami, whose quirk was known as Dark Shadow, Tokoyami's shadow which had very useful abilities, but was hard to control in the dark.

In order to learn to control Dark Shadow, Tokoyami was to train in the cave with him, and see how much control he could maintain over Dark Shadow, even when he was at his strongest.

You sighed softly, you knew this type of training would be useful and definitely help Tokoyami with control, but you missed him. It had only been a couple of hours, and you'd likely see him at dinner. But typically he was your sparring partner, just because the two of you happened to get along. Well, "Get along" was a general term, it was more of, the two of you had this little flirting game you continued to do back and forth. Neither one of you asking the other out or stating your feelings outright.

Mostly just teasing, slight soft touches sometimes, compliments, help both in and out of the classroom. Nothing too obvious.

At least that's what you two thought. But your entire class, class 1-A, knew you two had feelings for each other and were just being stupid in not saying anything. Mina of course, was freaking out whenever you two so obviously flirted, because she was known as the class matchmaker, and it hurt her heart to see two love birds so oblivious. She had tried pushing you to confess, but her efforts were in vain, you were just too stubborn.

"(y/l/n)! Pay attention! You wouldn't want to be taken out by your opponent because you're stuck in a lovey daze, now would you?" Tiger asked in a tease, right before he drop kicked you to the ground. "Ugh..." You groaned, sitting up and rubbing your head, "I-I wasn't in a lovey daze!" You stammered through a lie, but no one was buying it. You sighed once again, this time for a whole different reason, and got up on your feet to try fighting Tiger once more.

----

Who would have thought the rather peaceful but hard training camp for heroes in training would turn out this way.

During a test of courage members of The League of Villains were set loose on the training grounds to attack, kidnap, and destroy some of the heroes and heroes in training. They attacked when everyone was split up, class 1-B was scattered around the field in order to scare class 1-A. And 1-A was split into teams of two that started into the course every three minutes, leaving the groups of students few and far between each other.

You had been teamed up with Izuku Midoriya to go through the course, and you were supposed to be the last team through. But when black smoke started to rise from the forest, Midoriya took off in search of Kota. The Wild Wild Pussycats told the students to scatter and get back to where Eraserhead was with the five students who were getting extra lessons when it was evident The League of Villains had arrived. You chose to run off in search of Tokoyami.

You had to make sure he was okay.

Afterall, it was nighttime, it was dark, and The League of Villains were attacking. You believed in his abilities, and you believed in his teammate Mezo Shoji. But you still had to be certain.

When you eventually found the two you were looking for, it was right before the villain known as Moonfish showed up, and cut one of Shoji's hands off. "Tokoyami! Shoji! I found you guys, are you both okay?" You asked as you finally caught up with the two of them. "(y/l/n) You should get back to camp, it isn't safe h-" Tokoyami began but was cut off with suddenly spikes made out of teeth came crashing through between you guys. Shoji pushed you out of the way and in return one of his dupli hands was cut off.

The sight of one of his friends injured set Tokoyami's quirk Dark Shadow off into a frenzy, the quirk began to rage and grow in size due to Tokoyami's feelings and the fact that he was trying to suppress it for so long.

Shoji pulled you into one of the bushes to hide from the villains attacks, he tried to cover Tokoyami even though he'd lost one of his arms. "Shoji! Y-Your arm..." You started, already preparing yourself to heal him. "It's fine (y/l/n), it'll grow back. Right now we need to worry about Tokoyami." Shoji said, dismissing you before Dark Shadow took over.

"Tokoyami no!" You shouted, looking up at him from where he was trapped inside Dark Shadow's massive form. The sound of your voice set Dark Shadow off, he lunged for you, if it weren't for Shoji's fast reflexes, Dark Shadow would have killed you. Instead he only managed to deeply wound you in the torso. Ripping open your side almost enough to see your ribs and narrowly missing any major organs."Stay away....From me....You'll die!" Tokoyami strained from the confines of his shadow. Tears streaming down his face as he had to watch you, the girl he cared deeply for, bleed because of him.

"That injury is serious. You need to heal yourself while we come up with a plan to help Tokoyami." Shoji said, glancing between your bleeding side and Dark Shadow. "I-I can't..." You admitted defeatedly, then explained how with what was happening with Tokoyami, you wouldn't be able to focus enough to activate your quirk. "Then here. Let me help, if you can't heal yourself, we need to at least stop the bleeding. Before you bleed yourself to death." Shoji said, taking your sweater from you and tying it securely around you enough to cover your wound.

While you two were trying to come up with a plan, Midoriya ran through the forest and was quickly grabbed by Shoji, the two of you explained the situation to him and from there the three of you decided on your next course of actions. You would lead Dark Shadow to Bakugou and Todoroki, where they could produce enough light with their quirks to suppress Dark Shadow once again.

You and Shoji ran through the forest while Shoji carried Midoriya with one of his arms. You made it to Bakugou and Todoroki, who were facing the same villain that had cut Shoji's hand off, Dark Shadow took the villain out in less than a minute with how crazy it was acting. It ripped through the ground and smashed the villain into a tree, knocking almost every tooth out of it's mouth and pretty much destroying it's quirk.Then Dark Shadow was suppressed by the two fire type quirks. Flames and explosions. Leaving Tokoyami free once again.

"Tokoyami, are you okay?" You asked, as you practically jumped into his arms in a hug. Throwing away your flirting, your hidden feelings, and letting your worry and feelings consume you. "I'm so glad you're alright." You sniffled. You hadn't liked seeing him cry. "(y/l/n) I don't deserve your hug, I let my quirk take over and it hurt you. I'm sorry. I'm too dangerous and you shouldn't be around me." Tokoyami said, tilting his head away from you. Ashamed.

"Who cares if I'm hurt? It's not your fault. You were worried about your friends. Things happen." You tried to reassure him. "I do. I care if you get hurt." Tokoyami said, moving his head back to look you in the eyes. "Y-You do?" You asked, a pale pink blush rising to your cheeks. "Of course I care about you." Tokoyami confirmed. "I care about you too." You said, and without another moment of hesitation to lose your courage, you leaned forward and kissed him gently on the side of his beak.

You couldn't see him blush, but from the way his feathers ruffled you knew he would be. The rest of the group coughed to draw your attention back to the situation at hand, and away from your little moment. You went to take a step towards the group but were stopped by Tokoyami who quickly leaned forward and nuzzled your cheek with his beak for a second, before briskly walking to the others.

You giggled, a crimson blush now evident on your cheeks. At least one good thing had come out of the villain attack.