Jump - Izuku Midoriya X Reader

She had been accepted into UA's General Departments class despite the fact that she was quirkless, instead, it was her intelligence that earned her a spot in the top school. She might not have been in one of the Hero courses, but it was still difficult for someone without a quirk to be accepted into a school like UA. A school that trained children to become heros. Something she could never hope to achieve.

"(y/n)-Chan! Good morning!" Izuku said as he ran up to her, her and Izuku had been friends through elementary school despite not going to the same school. Now their friendship continued into high school and had become stronger than ever. "Hey Izu-Kun!" She giggled at him, at how excited he got every time he saw her. It was cute.

"I was waiting for you, I um...Well actually my mom wanted to know i-if you'd like to come over for dinner tonight?" He asked, a hand reaching up and scratching the back of his head awkwardly, his cheeks instantly turning a pale shade of pink. "I'd love to. I'll hang out with you any chance I get." She said with a boop to his nose just as the bell rang. "Well I have to get to class, see you at lunch?" She asked as she already began to walk off towards her class, "O-of course!" Izuku called after her before heading off towards his own class.

He had had a crush on her since they had first met, at the beginning it was just a slight interest, they bonded over both not having quirks, and over time it grew into something much more than that. He was in love with her. But his shyness was not something he was able to overcome, he couldn't tell her due to his fear of being rejected and ruining their friendship, but his heart made being just friends difficult.

Her smile, her voice, her personality, her attitude, everything about her made his heart race a mile a minute.

What he didn't know though, was that she felt the same way about him.

When lunch finally came around Izuku and (y/n) were on their way towards the cafeteria when (y/n) suddenly bumped into Katsuki Bakugou, "Oh sorry Bakugou!" She said quickly, trying to hurriedly walk past him after but he grabbed her arm roughly and stopped her in her tracks. "Watch where you're fucking going you quirkless loser." He said as he shoved her backwards, causing her to fall flat on her bottom on the ground.

"Pathetic." He spat, "Leave her alone Kacchan!" Izuku shouted at Bakugou, helping (y/n) up and then stepping in front of her to protect her. Bakugou's face morphed into a scowl, "I don't take orders from some quirkless piece of shit." He snarled, grabbing Izuku by the collar and slamming him against the wall, his hands beginning to spark. "I-I-" Izuku began, "Bakugou! Leave Izuku alone, I don't want to have to call your mother again." Aizawa said from down the hall, causing Bakugou to let go of Izuku's collar with a click of his tongue.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, to Aizawa before turning his attention back to Izuku who had moved back to her side again, "I'm watching you Bakugou. You better not pull another stunt like that." Aizawa said before walking back into his classroom. Bakugou snarled, "Yeah Bakugou just leave us alone." She said, placing a hand on Izuku's arm in an attempt to lead him away.

"Oh isn't that just perfect, two quirkless losers in love. Or rather, one quirkless loser who will never be anything but worthless." Bakugou said, taking a step towards her with a glare etched on his face. "I-I'm not worthless!" She said defensively. "Anyone without a quirk is a worthless piece of trash. Just pray you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building." Bakugou said, his ruby eyes staring right into her (e/c) eyes the entire time. Before walking off with a "Tch." Sound.

Izuku froze at Bakugou's words, remembering how he had said the same thing to him back when they were in elementary school. Back before he had been given his quirk.