'Safety' L x Reader

"L, why won't you let me work with you on the Kira case? I've worked with you on plenty of other cases, this one's not that much different." You said, leaning forward against the back of his chair, wrapping your arms around his shoulders. He paused for a moment, chewing on a cookie he had broken into pieces before eating it, "Because (y/n), it's dangerous, I've already revealed my identity to the task force and to a suspect I believe to be Kira." He said, tilting his head back to look at you.

"L just because I'm your girlfriend doesn't mean you can control me, besides I think I could be of help to the case, I'm known all over the world as a great detective, even if I'm not as great as you are. Let me help." You begged, the two of you had been arguing about this since L had taken on the Kira investigation.

After a long silence L finally sighed defeated, he hated losing, but you were an exception, "Alright, you can work with me on the Kira case, but on one condition." He finally said, looking back at his screen, his thumb to his lip still in thought. "What's the condition?" You asked, trying to contain your excitement, you enjoyed working with L not only because he was an outstanding detective, but also because he was the love of your life and you liked spending time with him, even if all you were doing was pouring over information.

"You are not allowed to be with us when chief Yagami's son Light Yagami is with us, I suspect he's Kira and since we know Kira can kill with a face and a name I don't want to put you in danger and risk Kira killing you." L said, mumbling the last part, "Stop worrying so much about me L, worry about yourself." You said, which caused him to look back at you with a glare.

Standing up from his chair he moved around it to stand in front of you, "Promise me you won't put your life on the line for this case (y/n)." L said, his dark eyes seemed to be staring right into your soul, "L, you know I can't do that." You said, moving forward and wrapping your arms around him, burying your face in his chest, "Your persistence and constant need to make me lose our arguments reminds me of why I fell in love with you." He said, wrapping his own arms around you and holding you close.

"I don't want anything to happen to you. I'll instruct the task force that they are, under no circumstances, to reveal you or anything about us to Light Yagami. Then I will allow you to work with us on the Kira case." He said, nuzzling your neck for a moment before pulling away. "Since you will be joining us, why don't you have a seat? They should be here in a few minutes like I asked." He said and sat back in his chair, staring at the computer screen.

"Watari, could you bring some more cake?" L asked as the task force walked in, "Misa Misa is becoming quite famous, I don't see- Wow..." Matsuda cut off what he was saying when he noticed you, you stood up and offered your hand, "Hello my name is (y/n), it's a pleasure to meet you." You introduced yourself, "The pleasure is all mine, I'm Matsuda." Matsuda introduced himself and one by one everyone else did.

"(y/n) will be joining us on the Kira investigation, I've worked with her on many other occasions and she is an excellent detective, although there is one thing I'd...." L began, he turned around in his chair to address everyone face to face, but stopped mid sentence. "Matsuda if you could refrain from getting too close to my girlfriend that would be wonderful, now as I was saying." L continued, everyone's eyes widened at turned towards you, Matsuda's face was bright red and he took a small step away from you.

You giggled, "Yes L and I are together." they were quite shocked, such a pretty and young women was dating this weird insomniac, unbelievable. "She's going to be working with us, although I want everyone here to not speak a word about (y/n) around Light, I still suspect him of being Kira and I do not want anything to happen to her. Do you understand?" He explained the situation to them, after everyone agreed to keep it a secret he smiled slightly, "Alright then, let's get to work."