Chapter 8: Will sing for food and almost kiss

Niall’s P.O.V.

I woke up to sunshine in my eyes, and the smell of eggs and pancakes. Hmm, who could that be. I looked next to me and Hannah’s still fast asleep, I’ll go check. I realllllly hope it’s not that Italian, shitty, moron, Drew.

I go to the kitchen and see a lady wearing a uniform or at least a uniform; it looks like a polo thingy shirt and just business pants.

So obviously, she’s a cleaning lady making breakfast for Hannah or at least I think she is, ugh I’m so puzzled right now.

She looks nice; aged a little, has white and brunette hair, and has glasses. I think she’s too old for this job or if she’s not… She should really retire or if… ugh I’m so puzzled.

Not that I’m saying she’s old. Well she is but maybe not grandma old, like new… shit I’m not making sense anymore.

“Dearie, how long have you been up? Breakfast isn’t finished yet.” She smiled at me. “Oh, yes, my name is Natalia De Gaffo, Drew’s grandmother.”

DAFAQ!!!! Okay, at least she’s nicer and she doesn’t have accents coming out when she talks, I mean that sounds pathetic.

She basically spoke in a fluent British accent, but sometimes she uses Italian words, while stupid face, speaks British with an Italian accent.

And another thing, I was wrong about her not being a grandmother. Maybe she’s British, or maybe she just speaks British well.

I love it that, she’s so nice and such an opposite to her dumb grandson. You know I wish she and his husband never met so that Drew never existed.

“So how long have you known Hannah, and do you know Drew?” she said smiling.

“Oh yeah and you can just call me Grammy. You know I’m old, I dye my hair so I won’t look as old as I am, and I forget things so just forgive me dearie.” She said smiling again.

“Well I’ve known Hannah for a year now and Drew about 5 months. And sure, I’ll call you Grammy.” I said. “So where did you sleep?” she said smirking. What? She’s an old lady.

“Well I slept next to Hannah.” Then she laughed a bit. Again she’s an old lady.

“Sorry, dearie, it’s just…”  Well that escalated quickly.

Then the next thing I knew we were laughing so hard. Then Hannah came running in looking so startled. Maybe she thought someone gave off laughing gas.

I never thought old people could be soooo funny!

“What the hell is happening here??” she said concerned. “Nothing, sweetie, Niall and I we’re just talking. Is that right Niall?”

“Yeah, that’s right.” I replied. Wait how’d she know my name?

“OK, if you say so. I’m just going to the bathroom.” Then she left. Hannah left not Grammy.

“So now you’re wondering, how I know you’re name.” she said smiling. I swear she loves smiling so much.

“Well I know because, Drew told me, he told me EVERYTHING.” I gulped the lump forming in my throat.

“Everything? As in everything?” I said.

“Yup, even your little fight. The one that caused you those bruises.” Then she came holding ice and made me hold in on my bruise.

“Sorry about that dearie. Drew gets very pissed very easily. I told him to go to anger management. But he never listens to me!”

“That’s a shame Grammy; I would have listened to you.” I said smiling. I’m getting infected with her smiling. Whatever I like smiling anyways.