2

•Tyler's POV•

When the school bell rung, I was the first out of the classroom. I made a beeline to the front of the school, the excitement building up in my chest. I wasn't sure why, but I just always looked forward to seeing her.

After running through mobs of people, I finally made it to the front. Somehow, Y/n was already standing there, her back against the wall as she scrolled through her phone.

"Finally... Gosh, what took you so long?" She asked sarcastically, a giggle escaping her lips. I couldn't lie to myself- I loved that sound. I really did. But if I told her that, I knew I'd never hear the end of it.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you serious? I literally just ran across the school."

"Well, run a little faster next time," she patted my back and smiled. I pushed her hand away, not wanting to accept the fact that she always beat me to the front. One day I'd win. I'd make sure of it.

•Time Skip•
_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

When we finally arrived at Tylers house after school, he took the keys out from his backpack and attempted to open the door. He twisted the keys in the lock again and again, but to no avail.

"It won't open," he declared, throwing his hands up impatiently. I rose an eyebrow, stepping in front of him and trying to open the door. It was unlocked, it just took a little bit of extra force to get it open.

"Seriously?" I laughed at him, shaking my head.

We walked inside, throwing our bags onto the floor and slipping our shoes off. We both stood there silently, not exactly sure what to say or do. It was often like this. We liked to hang out with each other, but finding something to do was difficult.

"So... what do you wanna do?" He asked the question we both had been thinking.

"I don't know. It's your house. You should be entertaining me," I stated, shrugging my shoulders. We stood there for few more seconds, until I finally noticed Tyler's expression change.

"Lucky for you, your best friend can play the ukulele," he said with a toothy grin. He grabbed my wrist, something that made my insides churn, in a good way of course. I wasn't sure why he had this effect on me. It had only started a few months ago, before that I was never fazed by his touch. But the weird part was... I actually liked it.

We went into his room, leaving the door open for obvious reasons. Our parents had always had that rule for us, even though it wasn't really necessary.

He started strumming, his fingers gliding over the strings and playing a beautiful sound. No words left his mouth, but the song still sounded beautiful nonetheless. And the sound, it was familiar. I'd definitely heard it before.

"So... what do ya think?" He asked in a soft voice, his chocolate eyes looking up at me. His face was dusted with a pink hue, and I figured he must be a little embarrassed. He never got nervous when he played around me, so I was kind of confused.

"It was amazing!" I clapped my hands. He looked down at the floor, a tiny smile curving in the corner of his lips.

"Thanks," he replied with an even bigger smile on his face. He dragged his fingers through his silky brown locks, his eyes meeting mine in the process of it. His piercing brown eyes caused butterflies to fly throughout my stomach. I didn't know what this boy was doing to me. It was different, something I've never felt around him. I wondered if he'd felt it too.