18

•Time skip to a few weeks later•

•Y/n's POV•

The prom is on Friday. It's only Monday now and I still haven't gotten a dress. Of course, Id rather not wear a dress; however, it's the prom, so I have no other choice.

My mom said she'd take me to get one, and Mackenzie would come too. Thing is, I don't know how I would decide on a dress if I dislike them all.

I knocking on the door, so I ran downstairs to open it. "Hey Mack. We're leaving soon." I closed the door behind her and sat on the couch, waiting for my mom.

•Time skip to when you get to the store thingy thing•

"How about this one?" My mom pulled out a long purple dress from the rack. "Ugly," I stated as she pulled out a few more. "Ugly, ugly, and uh, ugly."

"Pick something!" Mackenzie took a deep breath after she spoke. She had already gotten a dress in advance so she didn't have to worry about it.

"Fine." I looked over the whole rack of dressed until something caught my eye. It was blue, like an aqua blue. I walked over to it and pulled it out.  It had silver gems on the top half, whilst the rest was long and flowy.

(A/n: It looks like that k)

I decided to just get this one. I don't care for any of the others, and the color blue is nice. "Here. I found one." I held it out to my mom. She took and and smiled. "Looks nice. What do you think Mack?" Mackenzie put a hand on her hip and smiled. "I like it."

•Time skip to Friday yayyy•

It was Friday morning. I got ready for school, putting on a black shirt and black jeans. I walked downstairs and was greeted with a warm smile and nice brown eyes. "You ready?" Tyler asked, grabbing his backpack and throwing it over his shoulder. "Yup. Lets go." I held Tyler's hand as we both walked outside. "Have a good day!" I could hear my mom call out to us from the kitchen.

Tyler nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck as we walked down the sidewalk. We were silent the whole walk, but it wasn't a bad silence. I liked having Tyler snuggle against me.

When we arrived at the school, Josh and Mackenzie walked up to us. "Hey, do you guys want me to drive you tonight?" Josh offered me and Tyler. "Yeah. That'd be great!" Tyler spoke enthusiastically, and I smiled.

•Time skip to after school•

•Tyler's POV•

I walked up behind Y/n in the hallway. She didn't notice that I was behind her, so I pushed her a little. She instantly turned around and shook her head. "You're so mean," she remarked, shoving me to the side, causing me to hit into a locker. I closed my eyes and faked a frown. She rolled her eyes and pulled me next to her as I wrapped a hand around her shoulder.

______________________________

"So, do wanna come over to my house for a while? Before we have to get ready," I asked her as we walked down the sidewalk to my house. "Sure."

I walked inside and tossed my backpack onto the floor carelessly. "What do you wanna do?" I asked her while my eyes wandered around the room, trying to think of something. "Can you play a song?" She wore a small, cute smile as she spoke. "I guess, but I don't have anything new to play." I started walking up the stairs with Y/n. "It's fine. Why don't you play the first song you've ever played me?" I immediately knew what song she was talking about.

I picked up my ukulele and sat on my bed, strumming it. I didn't sing because I felt that once in a while we should just listen to the pretty sounds. I looked down at the ukulele while strumming it, staying focused. I didn't want to look at her, or I'd get distracted by her pretty face.

When I finished, that's when I decided to look up at her. "Thank you, Ty." She beamed, looking back at me. "No problem." I didn't even realize our faces were getting closer until I felt the familiar touch of her lips against mine. My eyes widened but I soon closed them, placing my hand on Y/n's face. Anytime she kissed me I could feel magic in the air. It would remind me of the first time we ever kissed- how relieved and happy I had felt.

"I love you," I spoke quietly as I pulled away. She looked at me and smiled.  "I love you too."

I picked up the remote and turned on the TV- which was on the wall across from my bed- and skipped through a ton of channels. I finally stopped at Disney Channel; because why not? I rested my head on Y/n's shoulder and started to play with her hair.

After a while I pulled out my phone and noticed the time. "We should probably start to get ready." I sat up, looking at Y/n. "Yeah, you're right. Come over when you're ready," she told me as she walked out of my room.
I looked at her and smiled as she walked out, acknowledging how perfect she was.