28

•December 31st•

•Y/n's POV•

I saw Tyler a few times since Christmas. I actually ended up hanging out with him and his girlfriend. She was nice, and she made Tyler happy. Although, I do wish that Tyler could still be mine.

I ended up sleeping in, and I woke up to a ton of texts from Mackenzie.

Mack: Hey, I need to see you before you leave!!!

Mack: are you awake

Mack: WAKE UP

I decided to text her back because I had nothing else to do anyway.

Y/n: well I'm awake now

Mack: hi can I come over

Y/n: sure

Only a few minutes later, I heard a knock on my door and raced downstairs to go open it.

I opened the door to not only see Mackenzie, but Josh too. His hair was different now. It was sky blue.

"Hey guys," I smiled as I stepped aside to let them in

"So, where's Tyler?" Josh asked as his eyes scanned the room, expecting to see Tyler somewhere.

"Probably with his girlfriend or something," I sighed, "but we're going to his house later for New Years. In the meantime, what do you guys wanna do?"

"Wanna get ice cream?" Josh suggested, smiling widely.

"Yes!" I said wide eyed, my excitement matching Josh's. It may have been 30 degrees outside, but I was still up for ice cream.

_______________________________

•Time skip to after you get ice cream, it's like 2:00 am and now I want ice cream•

"So, have you guys met Tyler's girlfriend?" I asked curiously from the back seat of Josh's car.

"Yeah, she's pretty nice," Mackenzie stated.

"She seems cool," Josh said as he kept his eyes on the road, driving. I nodded quietly as he responded.

"But what about you? Do you still like Tyler?" Mackenzie turned around as she asked me.

"Yeah," I replied in a quiet voice, looking at my shoes.

"Does he know?"

"No."

"Are you gonna tell him?"

"No," I said louder this time, hoping I wouldn't get asked anymore questions.

_______________________________

Josh and Mackenzie both had to go to their own family things for today, so they left just as I was gonna leave for Tyler's.

My mom and dad were coming to, so we walked over together. I knocked on the door, and Tyler's mom opened it, greeting us.

"Tyler is in his room," his mom informed me, smiling. I nodded and ran up the stairs, knocking on his bedroom door.

"Hey butterc- I- I mean Y/n!" He smiled awkwardly. I froze as I realized he was just about to call me that old nickname.

"H- hey," I stuttered, walking into his room slowly.

This was the first time I had been his room since the day I left. His room had always looked the same. It was kinda messy, with clothes all over the floor. And it still smelled like him, a mix of cologne, and something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. His clothes smelled like it too, which is why I loved to wear his hoodie. It smelled like him.

His old ukulele was in the same spot, right next to his dresser, but the new one I had gotten him was lying on his bed.

"I've been using the new one you got me," he smiled, noticing I was looking at the ukulele. "I love it, so thanks again."

"Not a problem," I smiled in return as I messed up his hair with my hands.

"Gonna be honest, while you were gone, I missed that," he laughed, not bothering to fix his hair.

"Me messing up your hair, really?" I smirked, putting a hand on my hip.

"Yup."

We both stopped talking when we heard someone call from downstairs.

"Tyler, Jasmine is here!" A voice that I assumed to be Zack's, called.

We both walked downstairs. While Tyler greeted her, I just sat down on the couch.

_______________________________

The New Year was only in a few seconds, and there I was, sitting down on the couch, while everybody else was standing up and counting down.

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Happy New Year!" everyone yelled, except for me. I was still keeping my place on the couch. My eyes scanned the room and I saw Tyler. He pulled his girlfriend close to him and pressed his lips against hers.

I froze as I felt my heart sink, and without thinking, got up and walked out of the door into the freezing cold.

I wasn't going to go back home, my door was locked and I didn't have a key with me. I decided to just sit down on the curb of the driveway.

I heard the front door open and I turned around only for a second to see who it was. At first, it looked like Tyler. But I figured that it must be his brother because Tyler is taller than him.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zack walked over to me, sitting right next to me.

"I don't know," I replied honestly, kicking the snow that was on the ground in front of me.

"I'm sorry for teasing you about Tyler before. I understand, okay? You miss him," he looked at me. I gave him a small nod, not looking up from the ground.

"And the truth is, even I miss you too. You're like a second sister to me," he smiled.

"Wow, that's probably the nicest thing you've ever said to me," I quietly laughed, finally looking up at him.

"Don't get used to it," he shook his head.

"I won't, don't worry," I laughed again.