5

•Tyler's POV•

I woke up and realized I slept longer than I should have. It was the afternoon. "Shoot!" I mumbled as I quickly got dressed, changing into skinny jeans and a red t-shirt.

I rushed downstairs, hoping my parents wouldn't kill me for sleeping in so late.

"Finally up?" my brother, Zack, asked as he walked towards me. I nodded. "Oh also, that was a nice song you were singing last night."
He winked at me and smirked.

"H-how did you hear it?" I stuttered, my eyes widening.

"I don't know. Good hearing? It was sweet though," he said, sitting onto the couch.

"It wasn't for anyone." I looked down and bit my lip.

"Hard to believe, but whatever, Ty. You busy today?"

"No. Probably just going to Y/n's."

"You need help? I can be your wingman." He smirked again. I rolled my eyes.

"Zack, stop! I don't like her!" I said rather loudly, walking away towards the stairs. He laughed as I walked away.

_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

I heard a knock at the door. I opened it, being welcomed with bright brown eyes and a cute smile.

"Hey Tyler!" I smiled.

"Hey!" He said walking in, holding his ukulele in one hand.

"Brought your ukulele?"

"Yeah. I finally learned all the words to the song I played the other day with you."

"You should show me what you've got." I smiled, taking his hand, leading him to my room.

•Tyler's POV•

Should I really do this?

What if she knows I'm singing it for her?

What if I like her?

I shuddered, it felt like my heart had stopped for a quick second. I hated how nervous she made me. She definitely noticed. She had to have noticed.

"Tyler, are you okay?" she looked at me, putting her hand on my back.

"I'm fine."

•Y/n's POV•

"Go ahead. Play the song. I really wanna hear it, Ty." I smiled at him, he was definitely anxious. He had no reason to be though. I loved everything that he played for me.

"Okay." He took a breath and closed his eyes. He started strumming rhythmically, and I watched his fingers glide over each string. It sounded so smooth, he truly was an amazing musician whether he wanted to admit it or not.

"Why do you fill me up?"

I smiled a little. It was cute how he said he learned all the words, yet he already messed up. I kept the thought to myself because I didn't want to embarrass him more than he already was.

"Buttercup, baby, just to let me down"

" And mess me around"