7

a/n: rewriting these is so much work ugh

•Y/n's POV•

I wasn't expecting Tyler to walk me to school that day. I didn't think he was mad, I thought he probably felt too weird being around me. And maybe that was my fault. But then again, if we kissed, wouldn't things still be different?

So my mom drove me to school that day. She asked what had happened with Tyler, so to save myself from embarrassment, I told her he had to go in early for extra help or something. I said that I was walking home with him later, which may have not been completely true at the moment, but I was gonna make sure of it. There was no way I was going to avoid Tyler purposely.

I had a class with him that day. And since we got to pick our seats in the beginning of the year, my desk was directly next to Tyler's. I was there before him, so when he came in, I waved, giving him a small smile. He returned the gesture, but something still seemed off.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. A stupid question. Of course he wasn't, I literally just crushed his pride yesterday.

"I'm fine," he shrugged, obviously trying to keep the conversation minimal. But I wasn't going to take it from him.

"We're walking home together?" I asked as I took my stuff out from my backpack.

"Sure," he replied simply.

"Alright."

So that's what we did. I waited for him in the front of the school, as usual, and then we walked home. When we arrived, I couldn't help but remember what happened in this exact spot the day before.

I did a lot of thinking last night. He was my best friend, so the reason I refused to kiss him was because I feared things changing. But... maybe this change could have been good. Most people our age ended up breaking up, probably because they were too young, or they just weren't ready for a relationship. That was the main reason I never affiliated with dating. But Tyler? We already knew everything about each other. We wouldn't break up after a month, because we've already been friends for most of our lives, and something can't just break that easily. So I made a decision.

"Tyler," I called as he began walking away. He turned around, raising an eyebrow.

Here goes nothing.

I was going to say something to him, but I was too shy, so instead, I just leaned up and boldly pressed my lips against his. Our eyes fluttered shut, and he put his hands on my waist to hold me.

The feeling was strange to me. Not in a bad way, but it was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. His lips were soft against mine, a feeling I could have only imagined.

I pulled away, and it felt like my cheeks were on fire. I had no idea how I did that so easily, so simply. But I didn't regret it.

"I'm... sorry for not doing it yesterday. I was just scared," I admitted. His hands were still on my hips, and my head felt like it was spinning. This boy really was driving me crazy.

"It's okay," he said with a smile. "We should go inside now," he stated. He then held out his hand, and I gladly took it, intertwining my fingers with his. If our ten year old selves saw us like this, they'd be grossed out, that's for sure. However, right now, I enjoyed it, and I silently wished that it would last.

We walked inside, and the second my mom's eyes landed on us, I quickly pulled my hand away.

"How was school?" She asked as we sat our bags down.

"It was good," I shrugged, grabbing Tylers wrist to pull him upstairs with me. He followed involuntarily, stopping right before we went into my room. He placed a quick kiss on my lips, making my cheeks go red again. I had absolutely no idea what we were now, but I guess we'd figure it out sometime soon.