30

•7 Months Later•

•Y/n's POV•

I was finally graduating college. I finished a bit early, only by a few months though.

Gwen was in the living room with my parents, waiting for me to get ready. I changed into a black dress, and kept my hair down. I grabbed the cap and gown I would need, and ran out of my room quickly.

"Okay, I'm ready," I said smiling, walking towards the door and waiting for everyone else to get up.

When we got into the car, I sat in the backseat quietly, with Gwen next to me.

"So, where are you moving to after this?" I asked her, hoping it wouldn't be too far away from where I lived. It would be sad to see her go because she was a great friend to have around.

"Probably just home first. But it would be so cool if we could rent a house back home be roommates again. You could even ask your friend Mackenzie to come," she said excitedly. "You already know I don't live too far from you back home," she finished, smiling.

"Yeah, that'd be great," I responded.

•Time skip to when you get to the graduation thingy•

I was standing with a ton of other students, impatiently waiting for my name to be called. I didn't get to stand with anyone I knew because it was sorted by classes, and of course, mine had to be one of the last.

I was thinking about what it would be like when I got home. Would Tyler still be living next door, or had he gotten his own place? Would I still get to see him everyday, like I always did? The thought of not getting to spend time with him scared me. He had always been my best friend. I didn't care if he wasn't my boyfriend. I enjoyed his company, and I enjoyed being around him.

I remembered what he had told me a few years ago, when we were only dating for about 6 months.

'Well, love is putting your needs before someone else's, right?'

'So yeah. I've always loved you. But I guess it was only a few months ago when I realized I wanted to be more than friends.'

I smiled to myself when I thought about how he said he'd always love me. Maybe he still does- just not in the same way.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my name get called. I jumped up and walked up to the stage, and took the diploma.

I could see my parents cheering, and noticed someone who I wouldn't have expected to be here. From where I was standing, I could only see brown fluffy hair and a cute smile. And from that, I knew it had to be Tyler. I smiled even wider and waved to him.

_______________________________

"Tyler!" I squealed, running up to him and jumping into his arms. He laughed and he hugged me tightly, not pulling away.

"I missed you so much," I mumbled as I rested my head into the crook of his neck.

"I missed you too," he replied, rocking back and forth on his feet with me still in his arms.

I finally pulled away from him and decided to ask him a random question.

"So, you're getting married in 2 months! That's great, are you excited?" I asked enthusiastically.