11

•Tyler's POV•

It was Monday, again. Y/n and I were running a little late this morning. It was my fault, though. I guess I might've spent too much time trying to make my hair as perfect and fluffy as possible.

Y/n and I were both starting with math today. The class was in the back of the building. We rushed together but the bell had already rung before we arrived.

"Good job Tyler. Your fluffy hair cost us being late." She put her hand on my head but I immediately smacked her off of me. "Do not even think about touching my hair." I stated, walking to the classroom door and opening it.

The teacher looked towards us and set her books down on her desk. "Y/n, Tyler, do you have an excuse for being late?"

"No, we're sorry," I told her quickly as Y/n and I rushed to our desks.

"Do you have your homework I assigned over he weekend?" Nope, I had completely forgotten about that. There's only one thing that's been on my mind the past few days, and it was Y/n.

"Um, no sorry" I hesitated, looking down at the floor. "I have it," Y/n flipped through a few pages until she reached her homework.

I looked at her, vexed. "Haha." She teased, slightly sticking her tongue out at me.

_______________________________

The class was finally over. Instead of rushing out, like usual, I put my hand out for Y/n to take. Our hands intertwined as we walked out the door. I walked her to her next class, and she stopped in front of the door.

"I'll miss you, buttercup" I spoke softly, still holding her hand. She giggled and let go of my hand. "I'll see you later, Ty," she called out, walking into the class.

•Time skip to after school•

Y/n and I were walking home, holding hands.

"How come you didn't do your homework in math, Ty? You're always such a good boy." She looked at me and laughed.

"I don't know. Guess I've had a lot on my mind," I shrugged.

"Like what?"

"You." I couldn't stop the smile that was spreading across my face when I spoke.

"How sweet of you."

_______________________________

I walked to my room and sat on my bed. Y/n had gone home earlier so I didn't really have much to do. I picked up my ukulele and decided I could try and play something. I had already come up with a new tune, I just needed lyrics.

Suddenly something came to me.

•Flashback•

"I spent over 10 minutes trying to get my hair this perfect for you."

"I like it better when it's messy."

•End of Flashback•

I wrote some lyrics down on a piece of paper.

'I don't care what's in your hair, I just wanna know what's on your mind'

What else would fit? I tried thinking off something, and a memory from back when Y/n and I were around 10 came into mind.

•Flashback•

"I don't wanna be old. I'd rather die before then," I stated.

"The longer you live, the longer you can stay with me, though!" She beamed, with bright eyes.

"Well in that case, I'd stay with you."

•End of flashback•

'I used to say I wanna die before I'm old, but because of you I might think twice."

After I wrote it down, I heard my door open.

"Hey Tyler, dinner is ready." My mom told me, walking back down the stairs. I set my ukulele down my bed and followed her.

I sat down at the table. The rest of my family was there too.

"So, how are you and Y/n?" My mom asked.

"Um, good." I quietly said as I looked down.

"Come on Tyler. Use more enthusiasm. She's your girlfriend." I heard Zack speak and shot my head around to look at him.

"How did you know?"

"Mackenzie told me." He smirked.

"Stupid Jackal." I muttered, kicking my foot on the ground.

After dinner I ran back upstairs to go finish my song.