27

•December 25th•

•Tyler's POV•

"Wake up! Wake Up! Wake up!"

I fluttered my eyes open to see Y/n above me with an excited look on her face.

"Tyler! Get up! It's Christmas!" she squealed, shaking my shoulders. I groaned and turned around, burying my face in the pillow I was lying on.

"Tyler!" She whined, pulling my arm, trying to get me to stand up. I took a deep breath and stood up, almost falling in the process because of how tired I was. But she wrapped an arm around my neck to keep me from falling.

I looked over at her, and noticed she glared back at me a bit awkwardly. Even with messy hair from just waking up, she looked really pretty. But I know I can't say things like that to her anymore.

When she first moved away for college, I felt really sad. I wanted nothing more than for her to come home, but I realized that I didn't want to hold her back. I decided to just move on, so I started dating Jasmine.

"Oh my gosh! I completely forgot that my parents have no clue you're here.." she exclaimed, her eyes widening.

A second later, her mom came up the stairs and rose an eyebrow, looking at us.

"Tyler, it's 8:00 in the morning. What are you doing here? And when did I let you in?" Her mom questioned, obviously having no idea I came in the middle of the night.

"Funny story, actually.." I began, chuckling nervously.

I explained to her that I had come last night, and how Y/n let me in. Her mom took a deep breath before rolling her eyes. "Whatever, why don't you guys just go downstairs and open presents now?" She suggested.

"Sure," Y/n replied, walking down the stairs with me.

She walked over to the Christmas tree that was next to her TV, and picked up something in red wrapping paper.

"Here, this is for you," she smiled, handing it to me. I practically ripped the paper off, and noticed a plain white box. I opened the box and gasped, my eyes widening.

It was a ukulele. I never replaced the old one I always used, so it was nice to have a new one.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me tightly, and we stayed like that for a few seconds, but it began to feel awkward.

"I- uh- have something for you at my house," I smiled, opening the front door.

•Y/n's POV•

We walked outside, the cold wind immediately hitting us. It caused me to shiver, and I could tell Tyler could notice because he looked at me before wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I hated that he did this. Yet at the same time, I loved it. It seemed to confuse me, that he still comforted me or got close to me even when he wasn't my boyfriend anymore. But I remembered before we ever even dated, he would still hug me, and I had never been fazed.

We walked inside of his house, and we were stopped by his mom first.

"Tyler, why weren't you here in the morning?" She asked him accusingly.

"Uh," he started, but I interrupted him.

"He literally came to my house at 3:00 in the morning, and I let him sleep on the floor," I told his mom, completely throwing blame on him.

"Pretty much," he shrugged, walking over to the Christmas tree as he began to look for a certain gift.

His brother, Zack, then walked down the stairs, waving tiredly as he fell onto the couch. I walked over and sat next to his brother that loved to annoy Tyler and I so much.

"I found the gift!" Tyler smiled, but put it down when he was was cut off by a knock at the door. "Hold on," he said, getting up and opening it.

The girl with long black hair walked in. His girlfriend. She smiled and waved happily before Tyler pulled her in and kissed her quickly.

It hurt a lot, seeing him with her.

"Yikes, friend-zoned much?" Zack whispered to me. I turned around and glared at him. "Zack, don't even start," I whispered back.

Tyler quickly ran over to the gift he put down, and walked up to me, handing it to me. He smiled as I took it out of his hand.

I tore off the paper, revealing a small white box. I opened it carefully, seeing a silver necklace inside with my name on it.

"Thank you, Tyler."

"Want me to put it on?" He asked.

"Sure," I smiled.

He pulled it out of the box and stood behind me, putting his arms over my head so he could wrap the necklace around my neck. He attached it in the back, and pulled away, smiling. I turned around blushing, and noticed Zack smirking. He grabbed my arm, and pulled me down on the couch so I could sit next to him.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"You still like him," he stated, but quiet enough so nobody but me could hear.

"What? No," I lied, rolling my eyes.

"Don't even try to hide it, it's completely obvious," he replied.

"Fine. Yeah, I do. But it's not your business," I told him sassily, and stood up.

"I'm gonna head home," I smiled, leaving the house.

Him and his girlfriend both waved as I left.