9

•Y/n's POV•

I heard a knock on the door. I quickly ran down the stairs, hoping nobody else would open the door.

Well, too late. My dad opened the door.

"Hey Tyler, come in." My dad said, closing the front door.

I walked in shyly and waved at Tyler. A smile smile spread across his face as he waved back.

"Where are you guys going so dressed up?" My dad asked, confused.

Tyler ran his hand through his hair. "You know... just a date." He said the word 'date' quietly.

"Oh, I see. Well, have fun you two." My dad smiled and walked up the staircase.

"You look beautiful," Tyler said, smiling.

"You look cute," I replied back, ruffling his hair.

"I spent over 10 minutes trying to get my hair this perfect for you." Tyler giggled, trying to fix his hair.

"I like it better when it's messy."

•Time skip•

•Tyler's POV•

We were in Josh's car driving to some restaurant. Mackenzie was in the front seat and I was in the back seat with Y/n.

She had her head leaning on my shoulder. I looked down at her, smiling.

"Honestly, I can't imagine you guys not being together." I heard Mackenzie's voice from the passenger seat.

"True. Come on Tyler, you should've asked her out way earlier." Josh turned and looked at me, but turned back around to look at the road.

"I didn't like her then. I mean I liked her- yeah, but not like like. Ya know?"

"Like like? What are you 8?" Y/n laughed and looked at me with her (eye color) eyes. I gazed back into her eyes before being snapped back into reality.

"Yes, I am 8. Is there a problem?" I wrapped an arm around her and gave her a side hug.

"Nah. I'm 8 too. So in that case.." She took my arm off of her shoulder and pushed me away. "Boys are gross. Don't touch me."

"You guys are literally 5. Shut up back there. Jishwa is trying to drive." Mackenzie turned around. She put a fake smile on her face before turning back around.

"No, we're 8. Did you not hear our conversation?" I replied back, sassily.

"Tyler, I am this close-"

"Josh! Your girlfriend wants to hurt me!" I complained. I repeatedly tapped Josh on the shoulder until he acknowledged me.

"Leave him alone, Mack." Josh looked over at her. Mackenzie rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone.

•Time skip to after the date•

•Y/n's POV•

Josh dropped Tyler and I off in front of our houses.

Tyler opened the car door for me, and he put out his hand, smiling, waiting for me to take it. I grabbed his hand, and we walked to his driveway.

Tyler led me to his front door, his hand still in mine.

"Did you have a nice night?" Tyler asked, pushing my hair out of my face. I looked into his perfect bright brown eyes. "Nah. It was terrible." I wrapped my arms around Tyler's neck. His bright brown eyes soon turned to a sad puppy dog face. Ugh, that face always gets me.

"Stop!" I giggled, pushing him away from me. "What?" He laughed, pulling me back it the position we were in before. Only this time he kissed me.

But of course, while he was kissing me, the front door opened.

Tyler immediately pulled away and put his hand on his chest, breathing heavily.

"Mom!" Tyler screeched, stomping his foot on the ground.

"I'm sorry, Tyler!" His mom laughed and stepped aside, letting us come in.

"Did you guys have fun?" His mom asked, walking towards the kitchen. Tyler looked at her and took a deep breath. "Yeah, but you kind of ruined it." He murmured to himself.

"Come on Y/n." Tyler got up and motioned his hands for me to come with him. He grabbed my hand and smiled, leading me up to his room.

He picked up his ukulele and took small steps, walking towards me. He strummed it softly.

"Why do you fill me up, buttercup?"

"Tyler! What's with you and that song?" I laughed, taking a step back.

"I have something to ask you." He avoided my question, and took another step closer. "Go ahead, Ty."

"I like you. A lot. And not just like- I mean like like." He giggled, holding my hands.

"I-I was wondering... do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?" Tyler shut his eyes closed, waiting for an answer.

I quickly kissed his lips and replied. "Yeah, I would love to." A huge smile spread across his face, and his cheeks started to turn red. I stared into his perfect brown eyes as he ran his hand through his dark brown hair.

"I should probably go now, it's getting late. Bye Tyler!" He kissed my cheek. "Bye Y/n. See ya tomorrow."

_______________________________

I walked inside and my mom came up, obviously ready to ask me a million questions.

"Did you have fun?" She asked, smiling.

"Yeah." I said, not very enthusiastically. I ran upstairs into my room. I couldn't stop thinking about Tyler.

He's perfect.