19

•Y/n's POV•

After I put the dress on, my mom helped me get ready. She did my hair and stuff like that. When I was finally ready, I heard a light knock on the door. I rushed over and opened it.

Tyler looked up. It seemed like he was going to say something, but instead he kept his mouth slightly open. "Y-you-" His eyes widened as he stuttered on his words. "You look beautiful," he finally managed to say, stifling his huge smile with his hand over his mouth.  "Thank you," I replied and smiled shyly. He was wearing a nice black suit, and his thick, brown, fluffy hair shadowed the top of his forehead. "You look perfect, Ty," I smiled as I got lost in the depths of his deep brown eyes.

"Time for pictures!" My mom exclaimed and came rushing in with her phone, and my dad. I leaned against the wall with Tyler next to me. "Come on. We want a better picture than that," my dad stated, motioning his hands for me and Tyler to move closer together. Tyler moved in closer and awkwardly wrapped his hands around my waist. "Alright, were done," my mom spoke as she put her phone down.

As I was about to walk away, Tyler grabbed my hand and turned me around so I was facing him. He leaned his head in closer. For once he didn't seem to care that my parents were watching us. As his lips were about to touch mine, my dad spoke up. "Don't get any ideas, Mr. Joseph." Tyler stepped back, and I could see he was embarrassed because his cheeks were turning pink.  "Oh, leave him alone!" My mom pushed my dad away out of the way. "We gotta go. Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I shouted, grabbing my phone.

"Have a great time!" My parents both waved at us as I walked out the door with Tyler, holding his hand. Josh was outside in his car, waiting for us with Mackenzie. When we got to the car, Tyler stepped in front of me and opened the door. He stepped aside, allowing me to go in first.

"How's it going?" Josh turned around as Tyler got in. "Good," Tyler replied as he tried to buckle his seatbelt, but failed. And, of course, Tyler being Tyler, he started to violently shake the seatbelt. "Calm down!" Mackenzie turned around and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "No! I can't buckle this stupid seatbelt!" Tyler pouted and let go of the seatbelt. I reached over him and grabbed it, pulling it to the buckle so I could put it in. "There," I smirked, crossing my arms.

_______________________________

•Tyler's POV•

When we first arrived, Josh and Mackenzie went to dance, but I couldn't help myself from noticing brownies on one of the tables. "Brownies!" I tugged Y/n's arm, trying to get her to follow me. "Where?" Instead of telling her, I just grabbed her arm and dragged her over to the table.

•Time Skip•

The prom was fun. Y/n and I danced, but most of it consisted of us repeatedly jumping up and down while shaking our arms.

Josh pulled up to my driveway, dropping me and Y/n off. "Wanna come over for a little?" I took Y/n's hand and waited for her to get out of the car so I could close the door. "Sure."

Y/n and I walked in my house, being greeted by my mom. "Hey guys! How was it? Do you have any pictures?"

"It was good. And yes- we took pictures." I sighed because I didn't feel like pulling out my phone to show her them. "Show me them later," she said, almost as if she could trace my thoughts. I nodded and walked towards the couch, sitting with Y/n. "Movie?" I suggested, picking up the remote and turning on the TV. "Yeah. Sounds good."

Towards the middle of the movie my mom turned out all of the lights in the house, probably because everyone was already sleeping. I noticed Y/n had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Her hair was slightly messy from lying down. I smiled as I looked at her, admiring how pretty she looked- even when she was sleeping.

I pulled out my phone quickly and checked the time. 1:00 AM. I thought it was getting kinda late and Y/n should probably get home, but I didn't want to wake her. Instead, I decided to carefully pick her up bridal style and carry her. It was complicated- trying to carry her and open the front door at the same time- but I managed to do it.

I carried her to her house, and lightly knocked on her door. Her mom opened the door and smiled. "I didn't want to wake her, so I carried her home," I let her mom know quietly. "That's so sweet of you, Tyler. You can take her to her room," she replied, stepping aside and letting me walk in.

I quietly walked up the staircase with Y/n still in my arms, and walked into her room. I placed her carefully on her bed before stroking some of her hair. "Goodnight, buttercup," I whispered and kissed her forehead, leaving the room after.

A/n: Oh my gosh this story actually has 4k reads. That's crazy. Thanks so so much for reading this!! I really enjoy writing it and seeing everyone's comments :)

|-/