31

•Y/n's POV•

My eyes fluttered open, and I  remembered how I had fallen asleep in Tyler's room. I was lying on the floor, leaning against his dresser. I looked beside me to see Tyler's head resting on my shoulder.

I stirred a little, feeling stiff from lying on the floor all night. I wrapped an arm around Tyler's waist, trying to do so without waking him. He wouldn't mind, right? I mean, he did kiss me last night.

That's when I started to think why he kissed me in the first place. Did he still like me? I was confused. How could he like me, and be getting married to someone else in 2 months?

I saw Tyler open his eyes, and yawn quietly.

"Hey," he smiled, sitting up and wrapping an arm around my shoulder to pull me closer to him.

I had to ask him why he kissed me. I was beyond puzzled, and couldn't understand him.

"Tyler?"

"Hm?"

"Why'd you kiss me?" I asked, looking into his eyes. He looked down and bit his lip.

"I just-" he sighed, and shook his head. "I made a mistake. I should have never proposed to Jasmine."

"What do you mean?"

"Y/n, I told you forever and always. And I meant it. All of this time, when you were here, when you were gone, I still loved you. And right now? I still love you," he finally managed to say, running his hand through his hair.

"Tyler," I said, and looked up at me in response. "I love you," I told him, and he smiled.

"One more question though," I continued. "Why did you propose to her?"

"Because," he started, talking quietly as he looked into my eyes. "When I first got with her, I hoped she would help me move on. But when that happened, I felt like that broke us. Me and you. I loved you, but I didn't think you'd care anymore," he finished.

"I shouldn't have left," I replied.

"No, I shouldn't have gotten with her. No one can replace you, buttercup," he spoke softly, putting his fingers under my chin to pull me closer. "I was dumb," he said quietly, and chuckled.

"Well, boys are dumb," I replied, obviously ruining the moment because he pulled away and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"That's one way to ruin a moment," he laughed, pushing me aside, which caused me to fall sideways.

"You asked for it, Joseph." I pushed him even harder, and he fell in the opposite direction, hitting his head on the side of his bed.

"Ouch," he mumbled, rubbing his head.

"You deserved it," I teased, smirking.

He sat up and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head in the crook of his neck as he played with my hair.

"Tyler, you need to tell Jasmine." My voice filled the quiet room.

"I know... but how?" He asked helplessly. "I can't just break someone's heart. That'll only leave them broken too," he took a deep breath. "And I know what that's like."

"We'll figure it out, okay? I'll help you if I have to," I responded.

"All I know is that I can't marry her. The only person I could think about spending the rest of my life with is you," he smiled. I rose an eyebrow.