29

•2 Years Later, December•

•Tyler's POV•

I've been dating Jasmine for 2 years now, which almost seems crazy. I remember so clearly of how sad I was when Y/n left, but Jasmine helped me move on. And I really liked her. I've been with her for this long already, so why not the rest of our lives? I wanted to marry her. And that's what I was planning on.

"Hey Zack?" I called, walking into my brother's room.

"What?" he asked, looking up at me from his phone.

"I want to tell you something."

"Okay," he replied.

I sat next to him on his bed and he turned towards me, waiting for me to talk.

"I wanna marry Jasmine," I said, smiling.

"Whoa- really?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah... and right now you're the only who knows. So be quiet," I laughed.

"Well, you totally should marry her then. I'm sure she'd say yes," he smiled.

"Thanks little bro," I got off the bed and ruffled his hair, walking out.

I walked into my room and looked at the ring I had bought her a few weeks ago. I planned this a while before, but thought I should tell my brother before I actually ask her.

I decided to text Jasmine. I could ask her tonight.

Tyler: Hey, wanna go out for dinner tonight?

Jasmine: sure!

Tyler: I'll pick you up at 8:00

Jasmine: I'll be ready

It was 7:30, so I decided to start getting ready now. I didn't want to be too dressy, but not to casual either. I noticed a white button up shirt in my room, and chose to wear that with black pants.

_______________________________

As I drove to her house, I felt really nervous.

What if she says no?

Before I knew it I was pulling into her driveway, and parking the car. I got out, and walked to her door. I knocked on it, getting anxious as I waited for her to open it.

When she opened it a second later, I immediately knelt down and pulled a small black box out of my pocket. I could tell she already knew what was happening, because she covered her mouth with her hand and looked surprised, yet happy.

"H-hey uh, Jasmine," I started, smiling as I looked up at her. "You're really important to me, and being with you for the rest of my life sounds great, so that being... will you marry me?" I managed to ask.

"Yes!" She squealed, pulling me into a tight hug.

_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

I was sitting on the couch in my dorm, talking to Gwen, but I was soon interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Hold on, its Tyler" I said, answering the phone. She nodded.

"Hey Y/n!" He greeted me excitedly.

"Hey Ty."

"So I wanna tell you something," I could tell by the tone in his voice that he was smiling.

"What is it?" I asked, curiously.

"I proposed to Jasmine."

I froze, my eyes widening.

At this point, I was completely used to him being with her. I missed him, but I guess I tried to not let it bother me anymore.

But them getting married? That means they'll always be together. I'll never have a chance with Tyler. He'll never love me the same way he used to.

"Wow! Tha-That's great!" I tried to say as enthusiastically as possible, even though I was completely fazed.

"Of course you'll be invited to the wedding. Nothing is planned, but I'll let you know!" He told me.

"I'll be there! Anyways, I've gotta go right now. Bye Tyler."

"Bye!"

I placed my phone on the coffee table and sighed.

"What is it?" Gwen asked, looking at me.

"He proposed to her," I said blandly. She looked at me, surprised.

"He's just something that I'll have to live without," I continued.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" She asked.

"Not really. I don't have a chance. I guess it just wasn't meant to be," I replied, holding back tears.

"Maybe there is a chance," she said.

"He's getting married, there's no chance," I sighed, shaking my head.

"Is he worth it?" She asked, looking at me.

"Of course," I told her.

"If he's worth it, he'll come around," she stated.

A/n: don't yell at me I know what i'm doing lol

Also... I wanted to give a shoutout to someone who definitely deserves more recognition

It would mean a lot if you could pleeeease follow TwentyOneButterflies for me. She's a great writer, so you should definitely check out some of her stuff :)